Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Opinion on brownie recipe?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by FozzFoster, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Hi all,
    I would like to double check my cooking method before going on ahead.

I have read a bunch of BatKat's stuff, and sort of made my own. I would love to hear all your thoughts before attempting my ideas.

Medible Brownies

Goal: Brownies that provide a bit stronger head high rather than a sedative effect.

Background:

·         ½ ounce of dank bud.
    ·         Baking Co.'s All Natural Gluten Free Fudge Brownie Gourmet Brownie Mix.
    o   ^^Using Dairy-free method (with pure Coconut Oil (suitable to 176.7 Celsius) instead of butter)^^
    ·         Soy lecithin.

Decarbing

·         Course grind herb into a casserole dish, then very tightly sealing the dish with tin foil.
    ·         Place into oven and heat oven to 104 Celsius (using an oven thermometer) for about 20 minutes (more if fresh herb, less if herb is dry).
    ·         Shut off oven and slightly open the door and let the dish rest for 10 more minutes.
    ·         Remote dish – wait until completely cooled before removing aluminum foil.

Cooking

·         Preheat oven to 121 Celsius, again watching that oven thermometer.
    ·         Add in ½ tbsp. of lecithin to decarbed herb.
    ·         Heat coconut oil in sauce pan to 93 Celsius (using a candy thermometer).
    ·         Add oil to herb mixture, mix very well, and again very tightly seal container with aluminum foil.
    ·         Place in oven and immediately reduce heat to 104 Celsius, wait for 30 minutes.
    ·         Shut off oven, and open door for an additional 10 minutes.
    ·         Remove pan from oven and let cool completely before removing aluminum foil.
    ·         Add another ½ tbsp. of lecithin.
    ·         Bake oil into the Fudge Bownie mix as per the instructions on box.

Enjoy.

First off, what are your thoughts?

Here are my concerns:
    ·         Do I really need to decarb? I know that sounds juvenile, but could I not simultaneously decarb while infusing my oil? I am worried about burning my bud and rendering it useless.
    ·         Is the heat magnitude and heat repetitions sufficient and appropriate for my goal of producing a strong head high rather than a lethargic body high?
    \nAny other thoughts?
    \nThanks everyone! I appreciate what you do.

2. I have made brownies, cookies candy, and capsule for sleep for quite a while now. In the beginning I followed the whole decarbing (cabing) whatever. Then used it for the butter. I have to say for me I felt nothing when I used it for cooking. Frustrated I ground my bud, stems, shake into a fine powder. I then just added about 1/2-3/4 c of that powder into my brownie mix with the flower, (you'll have to moisten the mix a bit more) It takes about about 45-1hr. For the first signs of a really good high. All I can say is...don't eat more then one brownie. I made the mistake of eating another one about 30 minutes after the first one. Unless you have all day to be toasted wait the 45-1hour. The high is amazing and it lasts around 4 or so hours. I use the exact method for capsule just mixed hash, & asprin into it. The results are the same except you sleep like a baby and wake refreshed in the morning. 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum