My friends first time smoking... Ive never seen this shit before

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by seasaltchips, Dec 16, 2014.

1. #1 seasaltchips, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
    Three nights ago I went to a friend's house for a bonfire and decided to bring some bud. What follows is my friend's crazy reaction to about six puffs of high-grade tree. This will be a long story.

Last Friday night, I decided to head over to my friend's house. He told me there was a small get-together with a few friends and a bonfire. I decided I'd bring some bud to smoke after the fire once everyone had gone to sleep because I'm the only one who smokesHowever, just as everyone was wrapping up and a few guys were leaving, I decided to ask two of my friends if they'd like to give mary jane a try. They were reluctant at first, having never tried it. "I'll consider it" they both said. I asked them separately. About fifteen minutes passed and I brought them both together and asked them again. After some thought they both decided to do it. So i rolled a fatty for them and grabbed a pipe for myself.

We began smoking by the fire and all was well.... for about fifteen minutes. As usual for first time smokers, they began to cough like crazy. I was prepared with water, fully determined to give them a really smooth experience. My first friend, her name is Megan, immediately felt the effects and was telling me (and the very few other people around the fire) that everything seemed really defined and that she felt like a flake of dust in a massive universe. She was happy and really enjoying it; I was really happy for her. The whole time this is happening my other friend Alex is coughing. A lot. For about six minutes he seemed to be doing fine when something in him just totally snapped. "Jack, I need to get away from this fire." He said to me. "Alright Alex, let's go for a walk. It sometimes helps to change your environment." We walked around the house and finally went inside. I asked him how he felt and he started to get really worried; his face gave his feelings away, he was experiencing pure terror. "Am I dead?" he asked. Suddenly, while other people were sleeping in the house, he starts literally screaming at the top of his lungs, "I'm in hell! I'm in hell! I'm in hell!" He actually said this five times and I won't ever forget it. Everyone ran downstairs to see what the fuck was going on. He began to calm down for a moment, but things only got worse. He sat down and mumbled something. "What was that Alex?" asked my friend. "We're to be stewards of God's good Earth." "What?" "We're to be stewards of God's good Earth! Can't you feel it? God's in the room!" He then began apologizing to everyone, saying that he's been a bad Christian and needs to get right with God. Eventually everyone went to sleep (including Megan who said her experience was amazing) and I slept downstairs with Alex because he was still having a hard time.

After the lights were off, he kept mumbling. I'd stop him and ask him what he was doing, mumbling and hunched in the corner of the room. "I'm praying to God for forgiveness. Jack, I need to read the bible right now. Can I read it to you? Please?" I said no and he nearly started to cry. He asked what book he should read and I told him to read Psalms, but to read it on his phone. His phone had died so he went to his car, grabbed a Bible, and then went into the bathroom to read. After about 45 seconds I heard him screaming again. People were running down the stairs, once again, to see what was up. I ran into the bathroom and Alex, with both hands in the air, was yelling "Praise be to God, the holy of holies! Praise be His name!" and other things like that. Everyone went back to sleep. The atmosphere was tense; people were definitely suspicious of me and wondering what the fuck I had done to Alex. "I have to tell Chris (a friend who had gone to sleep early) about the love of Jesus Christ." "No Alex, I don't think that's a good idea. He's asleep." "Then I'll wait for him to wake up." And he did wait, while praying out loud, until 4:30am when Chris woke up for work. The whole time he was waiting, he continually got up to check the stove for the time since his phone was dead. One time when he got up he turned on the light and came over to me. He looked at me with dread and asked, "Are you the devil?" I told him he was paranoid and his sober self would never accuse me of being the devil. He said "Ok..." and went to sleep but I could tell that he was thinking that I might be the devil. Multiple times I would see him sit up and stare at me and it honestly freaked me the fuck out. I thought he was considering killing me. He was straight-up delusional...

At 6:30am he left saying he was going to church since he hadn't been in months. A few hours later he posted a Christian post on Facebook, and later that day he did the same thing. This is uncharacteristic of him to do; he's normally the type of guy who has really crude, sexual jokes and cusses all the time. I called him the next day and he was quiet, answering my questions after a pause and being really brief with each answer. I said "Well, you'll be fine now. It's been over 24 hours so it's pretty much all over now." He said he felt normal, but he sounded totally weird. Almost like he was somehow still high or maybe he was just scared of me after what he perceived I had done to him. He kept saying Christian things, like God was really in the room that night and that God gave him a vision. It's been about three days since this has happened and Alex is still acting weird.

I'm worried that Alex's six puffs of weed may have changed him forever. Only time will tell I suppose.

2. for all of those TLDR out there,

he shared a joint with 2 friends who never smoked before. one was a female, she enjoyed it. the other, a christian male who claimed to be hallucinating / visions of god and had a bad trip essentially. days later the male is still uneasy.

the end.

3. That is extremely abnormal and scary. Your friend sounds like he is developing schizophrenia. He wouldn't be that high for so long. Does he have mental illness in his family? For someone predisposed to it, all you need is to smoke weed once and it's triggered. There is obviously something happening that is not normal and he should see a doctor. 

4. Or --just bear with me-- maybe God was there that night, watching over you from his palace in the clouds, benevolently blessing your dank, changing it from some dank to the dank. Alex admitted to not having gone to church for a long time, maybe 'twas divine intervention in order to not only return his sheep to his flock, but also to uphold the power and spirituality of the dank.

Or he's just a schizo. Sometimes happens to those we least suspect

I never considered this but you may be right. Yes, his father is extremely unusual. He's a college professor and I know him well; he never wears the same outfit twice (and keeps a day-to-day journal of what he's worn in order to avoid ever wearing the same thing), he carries a purse everywhere he goes (not a "man-purse" but an actual female's purse), and he's got a really feminine, eccentric personality. His mother is the exact opposite. She body-builds and is highly masculine. Alex also has a really unusual personality and has been diagnosed with a social anxiety disorder. I wouldn't be surprised if schizophrenia was rearing it's head... it makes me feel sick to think that might be possible.

6. Should that be the case, the best thing you can do for him, as his friend, is to be there for him and not treat him different because of it. I know if I was suddenly to be diagnosed with a mental disorder I'd be very upset if people treated me any different than they already do

7. he probably didnt even hallucinate or anything. if he is a hardcore christian, it is probably his conscious fucking with him because deep down inside he probably thinks smoking weed is against god. basically, i think he is fucking himself up.

8. That's the thing, he isn't a hardcore Christian. I rarely ever heard him talk about God. It wasn't until this happened that he started all this Christian stuff. Although it is a bit unusual that he happened to have a Bible in the car; maybe he was more of a Christian than he was letting on.

9. He's gay.  Next. 

10. his father likely has a sensory disorder or OCD on another level.

11. I know what you mean. I had an experience like that with a first time smoker. I had to dial 911 and have the paramedics come to admit her to the hospital. She was literally that fucked up (couldn't stand walk or talk). As a result of that, I think twice before smoking with a newbie. I don't want to be responsible for any shit that goes down.

12. [​IMG]

13. No that's you Carne! You silly

Sent from a Pineapple under the Sea.

14. This story is incredible. That part where you'd catch him staring at you is so fucked up... like a whole new level.You could probably make a short film from this.

15. #15 Carne Seca, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014

Damn!  I was standing in front of the mirror again.  let me try this once more... yep, he's gay.  next.   :p

16. It was honestly terrifying. One time that he got up he was spending what felt like too much time by the stove (which is behind a banister that divides the living room and the kitchen). I sat up on the couch and looked over the banister and he was slowly walking towards me and stopped once he saw me looking. I've thought more about how he thought he was in hell; he must have thought I was the devil because I gave him the weed - sort of like conjuring hell - and I was the one controlling the situation. So in his newbie, paranoid mind it probably all made perfect sense.

17. you sure you didnt sprinkle some spice in their joint.

18. O.K dude if you're not a troll your friend needs psychiatric help quick. What you are saying almost doesn't sound believable. I would put it off to a newbie retard had he not still been acting weird and talking about Christianity days later. Combine that with mental oddities (possible illness) in the family and you have a very convincing case for onset schizophrenia. 

19. Yes....get your friend help.

20. Listen to this.