Jeb-Marco 2016

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ProGMOII, Dec 16, 2014.

1. #1 ProGMOII, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
    Hell yeah!

Not a big fan of seeing a political dynasty but having seen Jeb Bush bring some sanity into the GOP (not the hackers) it will be fun watching the press explode. here is why,

Jeb speaks fluent Spanish and is married to a Hispanic chick. Marco being Hispanic can get enough latino votes to make null and void the immigration fiasco the President has gotten his party tied to.

This combined with how badly perceived the Health Care is with expected and programmed price increases to it, I see another landslide unless something muy terrible happens.

Now to get Jeb to smoke some weed. being a FL boy he has to have some sympathy for the little stinky plant.

Thoughts?

2. If he is a Democrat or Republican he lost my vote

-yuri

3. Republicans will shut down legal weed nationwide if they get the executive branch.

Nullifying Washington DC's legalization is just a preview.

Other than that and Obamacare I wouldn't expect much radically different from Obama's term. The GOP and the DNC are two brands of neo-con cola.

4. qft
    Gop wont allow a pro legalization candidate to win primaries

-yuri

5. Obama went after mmj more than Bush. As far as the legalization of pot, there's bigger concerns that should influence our votes. When that gets to the top of the priority list we'll be cruising, eh?  I'd like to see a Jeb-Marco team. I'm a fan.   

6. It doesnt matter who you vote for our entire government is illegitamate. On top of that, you have yet another of the Bush crime family?

This government does not represent me nor most of America, it serves the money that supports them, and they try to convince us we have less and less rights. Um, I dont know about you but I was born with my rights and I have not given anyone permission to claim they have authority over my rights.

As far as I am concerned they can challenge my authority and see what happens. Every time you vote and pay a tax you are supporting your slave masters effort to control you. Free speech zones? They think they can tell you where you can express your opinion? You are going to vote for them?

Mmmk

Why do you feel it's a fiasco?
    :smoke:

8. LOL, and the Dems did NOTHING when they owned it all. How stupid do Americans get?
    Weed is so low on most American's priorities and most stoners are too lazy to vote or forget to it just does not matter. If President Obama could get a few more executive orders

9. #9 ProGMOII, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
    Seeing he thinks they will vote for him, he has alienated many who were fence sitters if polls are an indication. What makes you think it is not?

His timing just sucks. Why did he wait until after the mid-terms? he is a political coward. Look how many things he has put until his lame duck status. If you do not see anything wrong with it, I can't help you.

He is not running for anything, so why would anyone vote for him? Perhaps it could be seen as a highly political event, if it was done prior to the mid-term elections. It might have even helped other Dems then.

Even Rubio and Bush feel that something has to be done about the immigration status problems. Most Americans that have actually read the actions or understand it's ramifications are in support of it. Many Republicans wanted to do something, but they would rather impede any action that may be seen as supporting the President. Even if they co-sponsored similar bills previously.

The old idiom is true; United we stand, Divided we fall. Democracy demands compromise.

11. Most Americans have read it and understand it? I call BS on that. Most think it will lead to more problems with immigration.

Then why does the President continue to divide us? Compromise, not fiat decisions that a federal Judge has just ruled unconstitutional.

this is one we will have to wait and see. if I lived in many of those shit holes I would probably break the law too to come to America. But my mom waited and escaped communism legally. My wife waited her separation before we got married to the point we had to be apart when my son was born in her native land while we waited for the USCIS approval.

The real fiasco will be how do you get them approved in a system that is backlogged. Convert Border Patrol Stations to immigration approval sites? A nation that does not control its borders is no longer a nation. Show me one that does not.

"The opinion filed Tuesday by U.S. District Court Judge Arthur Schwab, in Pennsylvania, still marks the first court opinion to tackle Obama's immigration announcement. He said Obama's immigration actions are invalid and effectively count as "legislation" from the Executive Branch.  
    "President Obama's unilateral legislative action violates the separation of powers provided for in the United States Constitution as well as the Take Care Clause, and therefore, is unconstitutional," the judge wrote."

12. To be clear, I stated most Americans THAT have read it, not most have read it.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/227328-poll-majority-want-congress-to-pass-immigration-reform

A majority of voters want Congress to focus on passing immigration reform, not reversing President Obama's executive action on immigration, according to a new poll.
    The Beyond the Beltway Insights Initiative poll found 69 percent of voters favored Congress tackling legislation dealing with immigration - including 50 percent of Republicans. Democrats and independents widely favored a reform-focused approach.

13. I prefer trimmed over bush.

14. To go deeper into a fiasco. Many blacks feel this is bad. Why? because they feel they have limited opportunities before the executive action. Polls indicate the the black community feel this action will steal jobs they can get. The Dems cannot afford another decrease in motivation.

You said something telling to me. You stated the President is not running for anything so he can do everything (paraphrase your intent). If it were so morally right why did he let those families suffer all these years and not take the right course through legislation? Purely political, how sad? I am for  legal immigration, how about reforming the way USCIS approves applications through laws?

So, it was a purely political gambit, which I hate from all politicians. he is just the one who is in office now to disappoint me.

On a bright side, I did my retirement ceremony last week. Almost 32 years of service, I cried like a baby. never thought I would have so much emotion tied up in my service.

His wife shave it, I am sure!

15. Are you very high right now?

I did not state the President is not running so he can do anything.

You stated he did it for votes. What votes?

Some jobs could be more competitive due to coming in from the shadows, but there is a plethora of opportunities and it would actually benefit the economy.

It is well known that he has wanted to do more for a long time. Perhaps the simple answer is that one of them fancy Lawyers approached him with the legalities that could allow for it.

Politically it's sad when a very similar bill was passed in the Senate and was not even allowed to reach the House floor for well over a year, despite bipartisan support.

Congrats on your retirement, it is a very emotional event. I did 24 years and retired in 99. :smoke:

16. #16 ProGMOII, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
    I do not smoke, yet!

I added my remarks in parenthesis as to what is clearly your intent. he can't be voted for, so why worry about dividing us more. 

The lawyers seem to be on the ropes right now. Wonder how the SCOTUS will handle these issues. I was not sure any would be available after the GOP started to sue the Prez. LOL!

The Republicans of the house asked for a rewrite of that bill, it got a no-go from comrade Pelosi. She thought back then, no action by the Right wingers was a winner for her party, well that backfired and probably because for once a party listened to their constituents, not their party leaders. Now with a new congress the GOP will goose step to a their own tune. Though if this budget deal is an indicator the Prez may finally be forced to compromise and not worry about his party's backlash. odd bed fellows for sure.

My disability is huge from DA and maxed out with VA. Looking for a nice Euro vacation this summer.

17. Regarding the illegal immigration decree...one of the rationalities used to support it is that we can't just deport 12 million illegals so 5 million that meet certain criteria can stay and be legal.  So what about the other 7 million, can we deport them?  Or are we going to let them stay, off the books, for another 5 years and then legalize them too?  Then 5 years later legalize the next 7 million uninvited guests?  We need to secure the borders before putting more incentives for illegal immigration in place and that would make allowing the ones here illegally now a bit more palatable.  Does anyone here think we're going to allow 5 million to stay and deport the other 7?  To me Obama's decree makes no sense.  If immigration reform is what the Dems want, they shouldn't have killed Bush's plan to reform it years ago and Obama was one of the main ones that killed it.

Even though Jeb's been soft on illegal immigration I don't see that as a deal killer.  There are folks I'd rather have as Prez, but if it was between him and Hillary, sure I'd vote for him.

stupid enough to get excited at the possibility of another Bush in the white house..

You come to a forum for pot smokers and insult us when you don't smoke?  You may be right for all I know but take that shit somewhere else.

20. I think OP is just trolling. No one who was alive from 2001-2009 would want another Bush in the White House.