Good foods for breakfast?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by AsthmaticStoner, Dec 16, 2014.

1. I struggle having breakfast in the mornings. Most of the time I can't decide on what to make other than eggs, oatmeal, bananas, waffles/pancakes, and cinnamon rolls...

so what does everyone here like to have for breakfast?

I know we have a breakfast food section but I think a separate thread would be more helpful.

2. 3 medium boiled eggs
    1 avocado
    1/4 cup organic greek yogurt
    Himalayan salt
    pepper
    1 tbsp hemp oil

^^^ mix in a bowl. and you have an awesome, healthy egg salad.

add slices of smoked salmon and or capers (if you like).

you can also sprinkle hemp or chia seeds or add a little macca powder. serve on toast or just eat it.  

3. Never had boiled eggs before. They always smelled so nasty haha. I'll give them a try soon

4. poached eggs on toast, sprinkled with salt and pepper.
    side of cottage cheese and fruit.
    coffee.
    bam!

5. Lately I've been having instant oatmeal, cup of coffee, protein shake, and peanut butter on celery.  On weekends I'll have a turkey sausage patty, toast with jelly, and coffee.

you should take a look at the ingredients in your instant oatmeal (how much sugar).. .what in the world goes inside the turkey sausage patty (if it's store-bought) and if you jelly is actually made out of corn syrup :)

all of the above are really good choices, actually, if you don't fall into the trap of buying supermarket-ready stuff,  which is usually overloaded with sugar, corn syrup and many other questionable preservatives, food colorings and other fun additives. 

7. Eggs...or mix it all up w green pepper, tomato n onions into an omelet

toast n almond milk

8. This is why I don't buy food lol. I'm too paranoid about all this harmful crap. Where the hell do we get our food then?!

9. I do this every once in a while; the omelet. But usually it's just scrambled eggs with cheese on top. I am in no way a cook lol. It's sad but no one ever taught me and I'm not one to teach myself :(

10. Costco bagels! 2 packs (6 each) for six bucks, and you can mix and match kinds!

11. I like the cinnamon raisin bagels I get at Krogers. I'll have to find a costco near me though.

one simple rule when shopping in the super market... avoid inner isles. if you think about it most supermarkets in the usa place real-food, eggs, fish, fruits/nuts/veggies, some dairy like yogurt, etc. on the outside of the isles around the store. 
    plus most have organic sections now.
    nothing wrong with shopping at super market if you know what to look out for. unfortunately in most places your choices are limited then, see if there's a local farmer's market.

in the case of instant oatmeal, for example, you can just buy regular organic oatmeal and make it in 10 mins on a stove top with fresh strawberries, cinnamon, and blueberries. 
    there's a ton of very quick and healthy recipes online.   

13. I'll keep that in mind next time I go to the store. Never even thought of that but that's how almost every grocery store is setup. I thought it was designed the same for each company, but really all the companies have their stores setup this way.

Is there a reason oatmeal (old fashioned style) should be done on the stove top? I usually just microwave it for 2-3 minutes before it's done (using 1 cup dry old fashioned oats w/whatever water amount seems right). It confuses me because it seems nearly as quick as instant oatmeal, which makes me wonder why that is even a thing lol.

I agree about the supermarkets. If it's near the front/middle of a store, in a box, or has more than one ingredient (for something like peanut butter) then it's probably a good idea to avoid. Do I? Not completely haha I am still working towards a more healthy diet.

15. I just ate and these meal ideas are making me hungry again! Having a lightning fast metabolism plus busy days, I eat a ton of food, mostly clean and healthy. When eating junk with family over the holidays, I noticed my moods were worse, didn't sleep as well and bad dreams.

Make sure you have some protein in the morning. All night you have been sleeping, and your body has been fasting so it needs a healthy meal. Your breakfast should be like dinner, good protein source and carbs. Ever notice how if you eat oats for breakfast, you are hungry a few hours later, but if you have eggs/meat, you feel full until lunch time?

Here are some more ideas:

-take your supplements with food (ex zinc, vit D3)
    -Muselix
    -oats w/ fruit, cinnamon, honey, peanut butter
    -pancakes with protein powder
    -smoothie- throw milk, fruits, veggies, protein powder in there
    -bacon or sausages
    -have a big glass of water when you get up and after coffee(which is a diuretic)
    -clementines (look like little oranges)
    bananas with peanut butter on toast mhmm

You can get the 1 minute oats, and then boil water in a kettle and pour over the oats, stir and let them sit for a bit. I am lazy and hardly cook oats on the stove, too early in the morning to cook :p :yummy:

17. Banana oatmeal cookies!!!(my absolute fave!)

Just add 1 cup of oats to 1 mashed banana. Add raisins or chocolate is you'd like!:)
    Roll into small balls and place it I to the oven at 180 deg Celsius BOOOM:)

Put yer eggs into boiling water for 9 minutes, then remove from water and run some cold water over them.  that smell is from over boiled eggs.

19. Eggs Benedict. Mmmm

20. frosted flakes with sugar. No wait, scrambled eggs with pancake syrup. That's the ticket.