Whats with the pax hate?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Teal, Dec 16, 2014.

Yup.  With the introduction of the S&B portables along with the Mini, these portable vapes are getting really expensive.

2. Same with any product with online reviews. Consumers should always go through many reviews as opposed to 1 persons opinion.

3. There are times you can actually see the vapor leaking out the bottom of the unit, it isn't air tight

4. The knowledge base and product availability has literally exploded since I got my Pax. Which wasn't that long ago but our little world is changing rapidly. My very 1st Pax died shortly after I got it but they replaced it and it's been a little work horse since. Still, it'd be nice to have another unit just in case. This discussion is pushing me out of my comfort zone to go take a look :smoking:

Iwien, what would your Christmas list of portable vapes look like?
    It is Christmas and I've been good....mostly  :ey:  

5. I have noticed this. In fact I've actually opened it slightly when the oven is too packed and it allows a better air flow.

In no particular order:

Mighty
    Crafty
    MiniVap
    FireFly
    Air

7. Cool...I'll check them out.
    thanks,
    H

8. Boy Howdy  :smoke:

9. After doing some checking I remembered why I use the Vape Critic. Before I bought my Pax I spent a lot of time reviewing reviews and reviewers. I wasn't going to plunk down $250.00 for some crappy little smoker. He's very good and does a nice job of breaking down a product and offering comparisons. He really likes the Mighty and the Crafty. He calls them "beasts", better than most table top vapes. But the price.... :eek: OMG
    From watching his videos the two S & B products use the same by Pax, same heating idea. Oven and fixed temps. But a very tightly sealed oven, unlike the Pax,

He also really liked the FF. It looks to be an upgraded MFLB. It incorporates the MFLB's extraneous battery. But same idea. You have to press and hold the heater button and when you release it the heat stops. This tops the Pax in his book in some respects and not others. The FF has a shorter battery life and a smaller bowl than the Pax. He did say it produced the best tasting vape of any portable.
    Fun stuff. Still looking for the "AIR".
    H

10. I've been using my pax for over a year now, works great but what a lot of people said is true, it'll cook your herb while you aren't hitting it.
    The thing is, you're not really losing much but you would be able to see little streaks of vapor coming out the chamber.

Also the pax has a light and temperature issue if, and only if, you don't clean and keep up maintenance .
    Overall it's good, but there's a lot of better ones...
    Look into the lightsaber vaporizer.. Friggen too much good

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Happy 420'th post!! :smoke:

12. Thanks !! Time flies.... :smoke:  

13. I hate my Pax

14. Ive seen a couple of his videos, definitely really helpful to get a visual of how a particular vape works.

On another note there's ALOT of vapes he's missing especially in the desktop area.

15. I figured this was the best place to post that I just got a pax and I like it a lot.

Pros: gets me medicated fast - 5 minutes on the first hits of a new oven have me stupid high. Also it looks similar enough to an e cig that anyone who isn't educated on the subject don't give it a second thought. I like how simple it is to use.

Cons: the taste isn't as good as my magic flight launch box.
    This is a smelly vape. Idk if it's the unit itself or the vapor that accounts for the really strong smell but I use to be able to sit in my living room with the launch box and nobody noticed but if I use my pax it smells up the whole house. Also I feel like this thing goes through bud fast for a vape but it's a positive for me since I have a high tolerance. I still haven't gotten the optimal technique down yet.

16. #36 Teal, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
    Every con you stated has become painfully obvious to me after using my new pax for the last few days. I'm watching my fantasy team try to win me 757 dollars right now so maybe I'll consider getting the cloud evo if I win. That being said I'm pretty satisfied with my pax

17. I just got one, how often do you clean it?! First couple hits and Im feeling really good already. Great buy...

18. Morning Jetx...I use my Pax several times a day and there's a couple things that'll happen that tip you off when it's time to clean.
    The oven will start to collect a gooey residue around the edges of the screen that doesn't brush out. That same residue collects up the stem and will mess with the action of the mouthpiece. Sometimes the little light on the front will stay on the setting color instead of the purple, pulsing one that tells you it's heating. I can toggle the top a bit and play it into position but that also tells me it's time to clean. And a little dab of propylene glycol in the neck of the mouthpiece is also real important. I'll occasionally dab a bit in there in between cleanings when things get sticky.
    Pipe cleaners and cue tips and something to gently scrape with and you're good to go.
    H

19. its only expensive if you buy from the main company store. pax goes for only about $140 on ebay

Those that sell for that cheap are fake...........no doubt about it.