3x3x6 tent DWC grow C99

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by DrJohnnyFever, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Hello folks, DrJFever here! It has been a while... I have recently started a new grow using a simple DWC hydro system for the first time. After doing much stalking and research, I decided it was time to ditch the dirt and embrace the water. I started a femmed C99 seed roughly 35 days ago... And thought I would fire up a journal and post some pics of her progress. So far, I am quite happy with the speed of her development and overall health. My setup is inexpensive and very simple, I am using two 2ft t5 fluorescents with some chunky CFLs to supplement the light. Overall, only around 60,000 lumens for the single plant in a 5 gallon bubble bucket. I keep the lights slammed to the plant as close as is safe and she is quite the bushy bitch. I will post more details later, but for now let the photo montage begin!

2. 5 days from seed, she is starting to look like a plant. A bit wobbly, but such is life.

Attached Files:

3. A few days go by and she begins to straighten, roots are beginning to break through the net pot.

Attached Files:

4. A few more days and the trappings of healthy fan leaves begin to show.

Attached Files:

5. Around 10 days from seed and she is starting to look like a proper plant!

Attached Files:

6. "Cindy" as she has been coined, is changing daily, roots begin to fill the bucket as she grows at an increasing rate.

Attached Files:

7. 2 days after the last pic and I am shocked at the drastic change.

Attached Files:

8. The nexy day, I decide to include my friend the ruler. Cindy's fan leaves are getting large.

Attached Files:

9. Another day goes by and I am glad I measured. Cindy is turning into one sexy ass bitch.

Attached Files:

10. By now you are like, dude... Enough with the rulers... But it's just so much fun! 2 days after the last shot and her fan leaves are the size of a dinner plate... Mmm chicken fried steak... Dinner. Food.

Attached Files:

11. I dropped the ball for about a week and a half, but man have things changed. Almost 4 weeks since the first pic, and Cindy is looking good. Somewhere in the last few weeks, I FIM'd her and the result looks to be about 4 tops.

Attached Files:

12. 5 days later and a solid 4 weeks in, here she is a few days before bloom. This puts us up to date.. Put her into flower over the weekend and will get new pics up soon! I will start tracking my data on here because my own attempts at a personal journal failed. Like I said earlier, first DWC attempt with relatively low light output, a decent 440cfm fan and carbon filter, a decent air pump, botanicare nutes, my own water through a filter (from tap at <20 ppm) any pointers or suggestions are welcome. Smoke on my babies!

13. Last pic before bloom... Should have been in that last post. Stupid phone.

Attached Files:

14. She is looking beautiful!

15. Thanks Smoosh, I have grown this strain a few times in dirt and it is always a stunner. Great color and lovely giant growth.

16. #16 Sun_Devil, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
    Looks great! What are the dimensions of your grow space? Edit: just saw the title, nevermind  :smoking:

17. Thanks Sun_Devil! The grow space is quite small but moving forward I will likely bloom sooner and try and cram another plant in there. This one is going to fill the entire space it seems.

18. A week into bloom and she has already shot up another foot or so. It is hard to get a good picture unless I pull her from the tent. She fills the 3x3 surface area entirely and is a few feet from the top of the tent... Hopefully she stays small enough.

Attached Files:

19. nice. i got a c99 just began preflower

subbed to see how urs turns out :)

20. Cool, I guess mine will finish flowering mid/end February. I am working on a bonsai mother as well, so I will be continuing my journey with C99 into the unforseeable future. My previous dirt grow experience with this strain was great, so I hope "Cindy" performs well.