Feed? Transplant? Wait?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by gotbluntz, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Lights Off I have been told, and I believe you don't need much Epsom, very little im not positive but it's probably a ratio like 1 tsp. per gallon but again I'm not sure I forget what I was told one time, I would say do them right after the lights go off, and if your running 24 hrs just turn them off for 6 hrs and spray right after you turn them off

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #22 TinTizzy, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
    i use like 1/8 tsp in a sprayer so yea prob like 1 tsp per gallon..make sure to spray under the leaves..I do it when the lights on just fine if you do lights out make sure you have good airflow so they dry quick...only need to do it once they green up in a couple days

3. do you ph the water as well?

4. All plants have seemed to perk right back up, will see over the next 48 hours, Gonna Epsom foilar today, thanks again for all the info and advice

5. No problem, can I see a pic?

6. Yeah man I'll put a pic up when I'm off work In a little

7. Let me know how the Epsom turns out, I don't grow in coir but may need to use at some point cause it is good for cal/mg deficiencies

Epsom salt contains no calcium.  Just magnesium and sulfur.

9. That's good to know

10. From the advice of one person I gave them a light feed and nute burn, not the worst two barely only a little tips but the one got either I think mag def or just bad burn on some leaves. Upon cleaning the tent I notice all pots had the roots flowing out the bottom. Transplanted they perked up were fine for two days, still perky but now flushed today cause of the nute burn and also did the Epsom foilar, hard to see with light on but first picture the colouring is a yellowish greenish looks mag like, other two have minor burn on some tips and satellite leaves all been flushed and Epsom wait and see and as I was transplanting my root ball was pretty damn strong it held all my dry coir together and wrapped around in several circles forming to the bottom of the pot.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419020910.406069.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419020927.375481.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419020943.759650.jpg

11. Leaving them in these pots for rest of veg minus the last picture it will transplant one more time before final home, Gonna grow them out and transplant to 3 gal to finish thanks for tips and anymore u can send on, and also does it make a big difference if you switch the water during feeds say like a Ro source 0-7ppm or a distilled source 000ppm thanks guys just curious seeing if I can change water for the cheaper metjod

12. I was just at my local hydro shop tonight and I was told distilled can make your PH go all over the place, and not be consistent at all. I was told RO water or good spring water only and then if I have to use my untreated well water but is not advised

13. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419285679.906145.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419285692.159111.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419285703.524724.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419285715.326118.jpg

Current status after feed, then flush cause I guess they weren't ready

14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419290737.781107.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419290749.746149.jpg

15. I think your gonna be fine, the Epsom seemed to make them more green, or at least it looks that way in the second set of pics

16. I would only do half the strength of whatever you did this time, but wait awhile to do so like at least a week or 2 to 3 waterings

17. Wait a week minimum or 2 to 3 good waterings and a flush

18. Wouldn't flush earlier to stop the further burning from today? Or just let the plant eat the remaining nutrients in there, continuing with ph plain watering. New growth doesn't seem to have burn atleast not that I can tell yet Ah. I don't wanna start again but as a beginner I know that is a possibility, still waiting on the hardware store to tell me to pick up my soil coir my have been to much to begin

19. Think they will recover with just plan watering for a week or two? The burn is minimal on new growth or nothing at all

20. thats not too bad but you're getting some overwatering now just let em dry out a lot between waterings and feed em once at like 300ppm ...those pots can prob go a week or more before needing water...give em some food ph'd right and leave em