Feed? Transplant? Wait?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by gotbluntz, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Medium coco coir and perlite

Strain bubblegummer female seeds

400 watt hps/mh 2 foot t5 6500k daytime 2200 lumen

Day time temps 74-79 humidity 25-30%

Night time temps 68-74 humidity 40-50%

Above soil for 5 almost 6 weeks

Ph water to 5.8 RO water

No nutes or additives except for the plant in the back by mistake, two front ones nothing maybe minor light burn or some burn from the coir being to hot at the beginning before flushing, noob mistake. I gave them a water just now before the pictures I'll update if they perk up let them dry out for a week and they grow but now has stopped

Ph. Run off is pretty high between 6.5-7 but from the what I read coir run off can be very inaccurate, ppm run off below 100ppm

Have dyna gro line up for nutes, foliage pro, bloom pro, mag pro, pro tek, also general hydroponics cal mag +

All plants have mykos and upon a recent transplant they are doing there job solo cups filled right up like crazy before transplant, went from standard solo to these 1.68l half gal pots any advice or opinions thanks ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418709954.890848.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418709968.824176.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418709981.558366.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418709992.092341.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418710001.826205.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418710011.161428.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Just leave them alone for a bit and let them grow.  Now would be a good time to start training (topping, FIM, LST, etc.).

3. I'd buy some commercial ph down for your girls and you'll want to add CalMag since you're running RO water to alleviate any Ca/Mg deficits.

4. I have the general hydroponics ph up and down, is there a more recommended one out there?

5. That's what I use. Your ph will need constant adjusting since you're in Coco ... ph will want to increase but you need to target 5.8 run-off for healthy plants. Always check run-off and adjust from there and make sure to use the CalMag.

6. growth was progressing, they have been like this for a few days now, I'll get some lSt going, love training them, I'll hold off on top and fim for another node or two thanks for the replys open to any of your knowledge

7. Is it possible they were underwatered since you let them dry out for a week? My daytime and night temps are a little lower then yours and I'm using promix hp and it only takes about 2 days at most to dry out before needing water.

8. i don't think it's under watering cause even with a water they droop, gave them a small feed still drooping don't know, just gonna leave them see if they get any better

9. They don't look horrible at least, I think you will be ok and they will come back. Did you check your runoff ph? I have some plants a little over two weeks old and had some issues and never would have thought ph was off, they have only gotten distilled water and promix hp, no nutes and my ph was 5.2, I gave them a real good watering/flush and they have been fine so far no new growth affected or anything

10. I was considering giving them a really good flush, leaves are always down. My run off was pretty high at 7.1 then it dropped to a 6.5. From what I read I should be watering at a ph of 5.8 for best coir results.

11. A flush shouldn't cause me any issues right? This my first indoor grow, I couldn't find a good soil available for me at the time, my local hydro store only carries coco coir medium, they recently got some soil in stock I may switch to that, just have a lot of coir to work with.

12. Im not familiar with coir, but I can tell you flushing them will not hurt at all as long as you don't do it if they are soaking wet already, wait until they need water and then flush with whatever ph'd water you are supposed to use with coir.

13. I use promix hp, it's cheap and works fine as long as you are using bottled nutes. Fox farm stuff is expensive and will burn seedlings and very young plants, has a lot of nutes in it already, plus bugs love fox farm dirt, you will more then likely get bugs if you use it, plus it is 5 times the price, I have read a lot of people like root organics not sure of the price tho

14. thanks for the replys and advice man. I have access to pro mix at most my local hardware stores. I'm gonna give that a try. Think I took on an advanced medium indoors to early.

15. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418829295.292463.jpg by any chance is this the one you use? I've heard great things about this medium

16. you can foliar with epsom salt to green em up...common problem in coco

17. Yep that's it, they also make it with biofungicide which prevents root insects and stalk rot

30 is cheap they are 40 at my local hydro shop

45 for the promix HP with biofungicide

18. What is Rogers? Cell service? Off topic I know

19. Yeah a cell service, I'm gonna give the pro mix a shot with some other seed I have to start, heard great things about it didn't know I had acces to it, had to have it brought from one store to the other so just waiting now. Gonna finish out this coir before I switch. If I run into problems though the switch may happen earlier.

20. #20 gotbluntz, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
    any recommendations on a ratio, thats the main thing that keeps concerning me is the colour. Would you also do during lights on or off?