Why are smoking so much all the time?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by whitehomiex, Dec 16, 2014.

1. As someone who starting smoking blunts when I was 11 and am 18 now and still smoke I am wondering why do we smoke so much as if we are chasing the first high and how badly are we damaging our lungs at the same time?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. Sounds like you have built up a dependence on weed. Take it easy, man.
    There will be some damage, but I doubt it's anything to worry about until you're like 70.
    If you're that concerned, switch to vaping.

3. Not really chasing the Dragon if you can easily get super high.

And lung damage seems to be minimal. Especially since you can eat or vaporize weed also.

chasing dragons now? lolwut

5. Yeah that's what chasing the high is called...

Chasing the dragon or chasing the rabbit (think alice in wonderland)

6. It hurts me when I learn of someone so young starting pot.  Starting anything that young for that matter: booze, cigarettes, sex and /or drugs interferes with young adolescent development.  Instead of learning how to understand your feelings and how cope with life, kids that young learn to shut down with substances. They have trouble emotionally as adults because they have not developed that important part yet.  A hole forms that is impossible to fill using pot/booze to do it. 

While I am an advocate for pot and consume daily, but I am also an advocate of health.  Sweetie, you sound like you want to take a break.  You may want to get a counselor that you feel comfortable with to help you through this. 

I am late in years, pot does not hurt me, it helps me.  You are young, there is plenty of time for escape.  Learn what you need to escape from first.  :)

7. I started habitually smoking around age 16-17, I've wondered more than a few times if I started too young

I remember my uncles used to tell me all the time back then that cig and weed smoke will stunt your dick growth, I shoulda just listened to em :laughing:

Maybe is not should so much all the time. Sorry, I had to.  :smoking:

9. Mom: are you high again?

Me: no, just chasing the dragon.

Mom: oh, okay.

10. I not smoking so much all the time, maybe you should take a break man?