pHarmers Sustained Organic Living Adventure w/ HiLEDs

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by SoCal Nature Farmer, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Phenomenal as well brotha. I'll try and get some pics tonight. So latest thing I did was essentially lollipop her. I couldn't stand looking at her and seeing all those foliage underneath not getting any light so I went ham on her lol. Went through each individual stem in the middle are and cleaned them off since they will most likely be nice little buds. But anything below the top growth was barely there so I just got rid of it and we will see how it pans out :) I think I have 2 or 3 absolum buds I'll have to double check. The one I showed is just the biggest one lol. I cannot wait to see how that affects the bud size or if it will.

It's looking lovely in there mate. You are going to have suns in your tents lol. I expect to see trees mate don't disappoint me ;)

2. #82 Weed Dude, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    Not sure if you have a Harbor Freight in your area but you could get one of those electric cement mixers.I

Like one of these: http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=cement+mixer

If that isn't doable you could get a kiddie pool... Like one of these  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sunset-Glow-Pool/34335820

3. Hey pHarmer!

Looking great in here! Loving the panels and the plants!

Renting a mixer may be an option. Otherwise I would suggest getting a large barrel or two and a kiddie pool or two(could use a tarp instead). You can fill the barrel ~2/3 with your mix, close it up, tip it over and roll it around. Dump in the kiddie pool(or on tarp) to cook and repeat the mixing. It may take a few barrel fulls to make the whole 202gal but it should get the job done. Depending on the kiddie pool size you should only need 2 or 3 to cook all your soil. I use the barrel method to mix my outdoor soil and it works pretty well although I let it cook in the plots instead of the pool!

Just an idea!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

4. Here ya go pHarmer some Silver for your eyes. She is now about 35 days into flower. I went through cleaned up most of her lower foliage that wasn't getting any light. Better air flow for her as well.

IMG_0815.JPG
    IMG_0816.JPG
    IMG_0817.JPG

In the last pic you have another Absolum mutation, god I wish I had the ability to clone, I'd take that branch and see just what I could do with it. Maybe when I'm more prepared I will be gifted with another one. 

Hope all is still well in your tents mate. I've heard from Pakalolo that the malted barley teas shorten the flowering time. Have you noticed this as well? 

5. Great Idea on the barrel! Very cost effective.

6. I need some advice brother. Tell me what is going on here. Can't tell if it's light bleaching or magnesium deficiency.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

The light was sitting at about 17", I moved it up to about 20". What you thinking mate? If it's mag deficiency I have top dressing and coconut powder on its way just incase.

7. Here is a good guide I like to use:  https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=231387

8. I appreciate the guide brother. Don't think it answers the question though I can't freaken tell haha. I'm thinking it's light bleaching, but I'm hoping PHarmer can confirm or bust my assumption since he light bleached his plants to death right pHarmer ;) if it's not light bleaching then it must be a deficiency. Silver is about almost 6 weeks into flower so we are sitting at 48 days.

9. Since it's a low leaf but the leafs above it look like they are going to do the same if not attended to ASAP, which you are.

Nutrient ratios can lock out nutrients and appear like a specific deficiency, like Mg

I'm thinking give it a good soak and drain 2-3 times over say an hour (that should remove any offending salt buildups), then let dry for a few days. I suspect it will perk up by then

In hydro  (with outboard rez), all I do is dump the old nutes, run a few ~ 100ppm water cycles, then start with fresh nutes

hth

10. I am running organic soil from B.A.S so I don't believe salt build up is an issue since I don't add any nutrients so I don't believe flushing will do any good. Appreciate all the tips and tricks though. We might just be lookin at a straight up deficiency. I should be getting my top dress kit and coconut extract Saturday.

11. Hahaha yeahhhh its not bleaching, if it was the tops would look much much worse. From what I've seen its the top leaves and new growth that is effected first when bleaching occurs.

In my opinion it could be completely natural to see this with the soil we are running. I myself freaked out a little bit when I started noticing the same thing last run. Here is a pic of my GSC at 40 days:

1422649686799.jpg

1422649704817.jpg

Notice the heavy yellowing even into the top buds. I just left the leaves alone and didn't remove them. As time went on the yellowing didn't progress as fast as it would have if it was a deficiency. Here is another pic at day 53:

1422649828849.jpg

It stayed this way up until flower, so I would say monitor it and keep posting pictures. Just in case I would start doing waterings with the AgSil16H Potassium Silicate you can get from buildasoil. I picked up the smallest amount available and its lasted me for a LONG time. Its safe to use in every watering and does wonders for the soil & in turn the plant. I'll post a how-to on the preparation of the solution so you can see how simple it is to use. If it doesn't persist then your golden and the watering with the silica will benefit anyway. You'll definitely notice a difference, especially in veg!
    I apologize for my absence everyone, i have been sick as a dog! Haven't been able to do anything but sleep. BUT I'm doing much better and will be doing some updates as soon as I can get the site for the computer to work. Anyone else having issues with the scripting for a PC? Can't get anything to load right.

12. #93 SoCal Nature Farmer, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
    While we are using organics, I have read of some users running the no-tills having some of the white buildup on their fabric pots. While there are lots of salts in the bottled nutes yes, depending on your location and water source their is also salts in the water. I think people refer to this as the 'hardwater' or water that comes from the tap usually.

TJ, I read a post you made recently regarding salt buildup and different mediums such as peat moss and coir. I can't seem to find it, would you care to enlighten us on the salt buildup topic while using organics?

13. That's how we all learn. Different nutrient  imbalances can look pretty close. Yet over time you began to be able distinguish the differences. I agree with Pet that it looks like Nutrient Lock (specifically nitrogen)..  Normally when you lock up nitrogen the older lower leaves will go yellow... It is best to flush and check your run off PH. It will give you a gauge on your soil condition. Depending on the PH certain nutrients (salts) will lock out.

14. For your organic soil mix I would go with a good EWC/AACT. The microbes will help balance any pH issues as well as provide some available nutrients! A simple 24-48hr bubble with 1cup EWC and 1tbsp molasses can do wonders!

15. Okay here is what I'm thinking fellow growers. Getting my top dress and coconut extract so I'm going top dress lightly and give her a large amount of water tomorrow. Then next watering I'll add in some coconut. She still seems healthy. She's sprouting new pistils every day and getting crystally but now I noticed new growth has some slightly reddish tint? The fuck haha could very well be a lock out.

16. Hello pharmer and 41venom! :wave:

One of your pics is not loading for me properly, but I was wondering you could post an overall plant shot for me?

Also a few questions...

Is the yellowing only on a few leaves? Are they older leaves? How does the new growth look? And is the plant still growing overall or has it halted all growth?

Topdressing is definitely a safe idea, but will not be effective immediately. I usually see benefits from a topdressing one-two weeks after doing so. It will not hurt anything to topdress, so go ahead and do it.

17. Looking at the canopy photo, the branches on the perimeter look fine. It's all concetrate in the midel.

What light at what distance?

18. I'm running a 150w SolarSPEC like you brother. Sitting at about 17" away.

TJ I'll get pics for you today and I'll be top dressing and giving her a relatively large amount of water to flush any salt build up out they could possibly have happened. Hopefully we can get this grow back on track.

i appreciate all the helps guys and pHarmer for letting me piggy back in your thread. Always awesome man. Hope everything is going smoothly in your garden snd feel better soon mate.

19. Alrighty, so the site is still having issues on the PC & I can no longer see any pictures. From reading around it seems as tho quite a few members are having this issue so I am sure the appropriate people are aware and working on the issue and will have it resolved as soon as possible. For now I shall try my best to post these updates without being able to see the pictures I am posting xD 

Flower update 1/28, Day 5:

All is going well with the GSC, it appears as tho the stretch actually stopped at day 4 this time! Bud set is forming quite nicely and they are throwing the first hairs.  

IMG_20150128_180942_2411.jpg

GSC #1 has a much tighter bud set and didn't stretch quite as much as GSC #2

GSC #1:

IMG_20150128_181021_2271.jpg

GSC #2:

IMG_20150128_181001_3801.jpg

Group shot:

IMG_20150128_181035_4821.jpg

Going to lower the light a bit today once the lights come on.