pHarmers Sustained Organic Living Adventure w/ HiLEDs

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by SoCal Nature Farmer, Dec 16, 2014.

1. So I gave the girls a Malted Barley Tea yesterday, took 2tbls per gallon (made 5gallons) and ground it up. Usually I would use a mortar & pestle but we use a nutribullet for everything in the kitchen haha. So I picked up a milling blade and decided to test it out and see how well it worked.

IMG_20150108_120537_5861.jpg

Just a few spins and it was dust!! haha

IMG_20150108_120812_1401.jpg

IMG_20150108_120648_6991.jpg

Here is the blade used.

IMG_20150108_120729_0361.jpg

Let it bubble for four hours then I added (per gallon), 1/8 Tsp 200x Aloe Vera powder, 1 Tsp BioAg Fulpower Fulvic Acid, & 2 Tsp Silica. Made sure everything was nice and mixed then I applied to the soil without straining. Here is some shots of the big girls today nice and yellow in the middles and ready to take off!

GSC #1:

IMG_20150109_203948_1791.jpg

Pura Vida:

IMG_20150109_204005_4761.jpg

Yesterday was also their second day of a new light cycle, usually I would run a 24hr veg time. But decided to switch to running a typical 18/6. So when I gave everything a IPM spray & shut lights off for 4 hours, I decided to leave them off for an additional 2. So we shall see how everything goes, does anyone have any experience switching straight from 24hrs to 18/6 for veg times? I have read sometimes the plants still start to flower & to avoid this I should leave them in darkness for 24hrs prior to the new light cycle? Should I have done this orr am I in the clear? All the girls look as though they are loving it so I think I am alright. 

2. nice looking plants man. looks really good. gives me hope for myself hehe. 

so am i correct to think its good to have new shoots start a bit yellower then the rest of the branch?

3. Yeah the yellowing in the centers is normal, just means the growth is at a fast pace. It will fill in with green usually within hours.

Watered the girls today, clones are starting to green back up finally so in the next week they should be taking off. Really loving the way BPV is growing, can't wait to get her into a scrog!

1421135915549.jpg

GSC #1 is doing great, she is about the size of what my last plants were when I harvested. Haha

1421135926771.jpg

GSC #2 is finally greening back up so she should start to work on the bushing up as well her soon.

1421135949708.jpg

Golden goat re-veg is coming along perfectly! She's looking very nice even for her single leafed self xD

1421135939446.jpg

Thankfully all have responded great to the new light schedule!

4. #45 mrsilly, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
    I need to get a bail of hay for
    Mulch. I have been bad about that need to up my game.

Looks great in here!

Silly Pharm
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1349323-Silly-Pharm

5. Yeah I love it!! I'm using barley straw currently but am going to pick up a bale of alfalfa straw for the new batch of soil. Just be sure to ask if its sprayed or unsprayed as you don't want it if its sprayed.

6. Going to be mixing up a large batch of soil here soon for the upcoming run. So I have been sourcing around trying to find the various things I need. Picked up a 50lb bag of Kelp meal & a 50lb bag of Oyster Shell Flour from a local hay & feed store.

1421356044800.jpg

1421356035501.jpg

$9.50 for the Oyster Flour & $54.99 for the Kelp!!! Great prices, really great people, will definitely be going back there!

7. Woo make it happen mate! You running the same soil recipe youve been using or gonna tweak it a bit? Can't wait to see this grow in full swing. Been a long time coming. Cross your Ts and dot your Is make it perfect haha.

The mix that my plants are currently in is this (per cubic foot, 7.5gal):

Ahimsa Neem Cake 1/2cup
    Acadian Kelp Meal 1cup 
    Fish Bone Meal 1/2cup
    Crustacean Meal 1/2cup 
    Oyster Shell Flour 1/4cup
    Gypsum 1/2cup
    Glacial Rock Dust 2cups
    Basalt Rock Dust 2cups

I was planning on switching my mix to the one in the original post of this thread. However after looking into it some more w/ the 1cup Crustacean, Oyster, & Gypsum it would be WAYY to much calcium! So this new mix I will be using is as follows.

Base mix:

Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss 2.5gal
    Bu's Blend Biodynamic Compost 1gal 
    Vermicompost 1.5gal
    3/8" Lava Rock 2.5gal

To that I will add:

Acadian Kelp Meal 1cup
    Ahimsa Neem Cake 1cup
    Crustacean Meal 1/2cup
    Oyster Shell Flour 1/2cup
    Gypsum 1/2cup
    Basalt Micro-fine Rock Dust 4cups

So going a bit different then last time but much much better!! Gonna dot my T's and cross my I's on this one, I am extremely antsy to get this one going!! Right now the biggest debate I am having is weather or not I want to jump straight to 30gal pots or only move up to the 10gal. If I use the 10 gal I can pick up 20 fabric pots and mix up 27cf of soil and fill them so I will have 10 plants in Veg and 10 plants in flower at all times. However if I go the 30gal route I only have enough money currently to mix up 27cf of soil, so I would only be able to fill 8 pots if I fill them w/ 25gal of soil. Leaving me w/ 4 plants in veg and 4 plants in flower until I can mix up enough soil to move up to 8 pots in veg 8 in flower.

Reason I want to move up to the bigger sized pots is the veg growth is much more vigorous, cutting down veg times making for rather large plants in a shortened amount of time. Tho I think I will be going the 10gal route for the time being, get a little bit more familiar with the size of the plants and the new space I am in. Then once I can save up some more money ill move to all 30gal pots & use the 10s for moms or something. Either way I am super excited to get things started! How is silver coming along?

9. That's a great plan and a great soil recipe. Your plants are gonna explode with that. Silver is doing great. Hopefully I can get some pics up tomorrow, I gotta pass out soon since I gotta wake up at 5 am every day. She is almost a full month into flowering and she's about 1.5 feet wide and about 9 inches tall so I'm aiming for 1.5' by 1.5' plant and I think I'll get it without much issue. I cleaned up her lower branches a bit since those fan leaves aren't getting any light they are just swiveling up and dying off, which is to be expected. 

How are the ladies looking for you? Hopefully you can get some pics up soon I love looking at them. I just have my one baby to look at haha. Keep on keeping on mate.  :smoking:  :smoking:  :smoking:

And I've been smoking every night after work, this is exactly what I wanted to be doing. No drug tests, let me live my life how I want and I'll do the job to the best of my abilities. Am I right lol. 

10. #52 SoCal Nature Farmer, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
    Haha damn straight man!! Glad to hear silver is doing well, can't wait to see her! My girls are doing great, greening back up now. Everyone is settled in the soil and I will be flipping GSC #1 & #2 to flower tomorrow hopefully!

GSC #1

1421638575894.jpg

GSC #2

1421638281620.jpg

GSC clones praying hard!!

1421638259897.jpg

Pura Vida

1421638299618.jpg

GSC & PV clones

1421638483025.jpg

Gonna go ahead and say that the Golden Goat re-veg is a success!!! Throwing multiple sites and the three blade leaves.

1421638247027.jpg

Can't wait to take some clones off her! All plants are acclimated and I will be lowering the light 2"-3".

11. Hope you don't mind me swining in to follow along :) I know I'm a little late :)

12. Not at all man welcome!! Things are moving along a little slow, still trying to get everything settled.

Still need to find a way to separate the two areas without needing to put up another wall. So I'm thinking PVC and some fancy sewing and fabric may do the trick. My girl said she could make me an awesome tent typed thing with zipper or Velcro doors and vent ports the whole sha-bang. All I have to do is find the fabric, so I will be searching around for that. So much to do, I love it!!

13. Lots of amazing talent in here brother. You are in good hands and boy, have you picked some good amendments to build a superior soil! :metal:

Keep up the good work brother! Lovin your new avatar!
    ~ poke

14. Thanks for stopping by man!! Hope you feel much better soon!! Its remarkable the things your capable to accomplish with your garden given the conditions of your health. Definitely a huge inspiration to do the very best that I can and then some!

Haha Thanks man, "Whats a conscience! I'll tell ya! A conscience is that still small voice that people won't listen to. That's just the trouble with the world today..." Lol

15. #57 rain dancer, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    Beautifully quoted.

I try to set my plants up for what i refer to as lifes peaks and valleys.because like a river, it ebbs and flows. So the goal is to build a soil that can sustain neglect when times are rough, without appearing to be neglected haha

You may not realize you inspire me as much as i inspire you. A road has two directions. :)
    ~ poke

16. Yeah I can understand that one! I am extremely OCD about my grow often times the biggest challenge is making everything perfect to my liking. The hardest thing I have had to learn in gardening is the LITFA approach.

Perfect example, the reason why my clones & plants were/are so yellow. Is because I did a foliar spray before i moved of 2tsp Silica & 2tsp Fulvic Acid. I had about a half gallon of spray left over. So I started spraying as I would when watering and gave all the plants a drench with the left over solution. Well not even thinking about it the highest rates I go for soil drenches with my Fulvic is 1tsp per gallon. So they got more then they were use to. On top of that, 2 days later when the regular water routine was to be applied it was a day for my Malted Barley Tea. So I mixed up the usual suspects including 1tsp Fulvic acid per gallon & drenched. Next day I moved and started noticing the crazy yellow/copper & dropping leaves.

With everything all hectic from the move & unpacking & getting settled. I wasn't even thinking at all and chalked it up to something going wrong in the move. Figured OK well maybe it was the 75mph winds coming into the boxes I was transporting them in. Or maybe its from the 26 weather they spent a few hours in before I got their area set up. So I'm thinking whatever it is top dress with some Vermicompost and give them a little Kelp tea, all will be well.

Wellll Vermicompost contains Fulvic acid as well xD So needless to say I screwed myself & caused a stunt in growth for about 2-3 weeks. Thank goodness all is well now and they are noticeably getting better and greener each day. I was a little worried there for a while, Fulvic Acid is nothing to mess around with!!!

Every time I pick up the bottle now its like I'm transporting toxic waste. Extremely careful with dosing rates and I will not foliar with it anymore. xD I'm sure eventually I'll move back to 1tsp per gal for the foliar sprays. But for now, NOPE, that bottle w/ the exception of use in Malted Barley Teas. Is on LITFA mode xD hahaha

Really means a lot that I can inspire you in whatever way I can! My only goal and ambition in life is to help others, so to find out I am doing just that is a motivation I can't even begin to describe!

17. Awhhh snap here he comes xD

18. Looking real nice in here Pharmer!!! I'm seriously jealous of your new room build! Looks amazing!

I started to quote the hydro guy... then I figured it's best if I just keep to myself lol. :ph34r:

Peace!

P-