pHarmers Sustained Organic Living Adventure w/ HiLEDs

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by SoCal Nature Farmer, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Damn man. That golden goat and pure vida look amazing! I want that Goat so badly! Im pretty much ready to buy Bodhi seeds.. just gotta wait for the wife to be ready as well lol

Keep up the awesome work. Always learning here :)

2. #442 mrsilly, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
    We were very fortunate to recently acquire a cut of Golden Goat. She seems extremely happy in her new digs under a Solar Spec 100 yes very happy.....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Happy 420 everyone

4. Hey pHarmer! Looking awesome as always! Have an awesome 420 everyone!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

5. I thought this picture would raise some topics..check out the center of the fan leaf
    i never seen a flower in the Palm of Buddha 
    Happy 420 Everyone specially Pharmer

hope its something good like an extra oz :p

Attached Files:

6. I had a blue cheese last year like that. Not too common I guess.

7. posted it on a few threads..same thing crazyiness lol

8. Happy 420 Growmies

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. I've seen a few like that. I dont believe the buds on fan leaves produce trichs though.

10. Thanks bro!! Really happy with how they are both coming along! Couldn't be happier with my girls right now! What Bodhi strain is it that your looking into if you don't mind me asking?

She is going to love the her new room to flourish and grow! I am sure she feels nice and welcomed in her new home!

Thanks man hope you had a safe and medicated day yesterday!

There you are man! Haven't seen you around in a while, hope all has been going good with you and yours!

That's too awesome man! I love some of the mutations cannabis is able to produce. However the cause of this particular deformity is still unknown. I do know that the heavy Red spectrum causes mutations in the leaves (twisting, curling, one blade bigger than another of the same leaf, etc.) as well as increased internode stretching. So that coupled with changes in day/night times could have triggered it. Regardless it looks awesome and I hope it grows you an ounce like you are hoping! Haha here is a link regarding this particular deformity.

http://cannabismutations.blogspot.com/2012/09/leaf-abnormality-flowers-on-petioles.html?m=1

Nice man! I have only had the "giant plant" mutation pop up in my experiences. Had the increased photosynthesis one as well, where instead of two leaves at each node its three. Unfortunately my SD card got misplaced and I lost the first two years of my growing experience. Which is the reason I started my journal in the first place, needed a place to store pictures and be able to call back on them in case anything happened.

Happy 420 bro!! Hope all is well in the land of silly!

Take a look at that link I posted. They get resin and produce just fine, just not very dense at all with very little stacking. But it is smokable! Haha

11. Haha crazy about them fan buds!

As for Bodhi any of the strains really! They all look so very very good!

12. #452 SoCal Nature Farmer, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
    Oh man I know!!!! I would run them all if I could!! Where is it your browsing them from? I found a pretty good selection here:

http://www.seedsman.com/en/cannabis-seeds/breeders/bodhi-seeds?___store=seedsman_en&limit=45&p=2

Really into CBD strains at the moment though, getting ready to email Jack at The Vault and see about getting something going. So we shall see how that goes!

13. Oh man I only really order from Jack, George and the Vault team. They are the best, no question.
    http://www.cannabis-seeds-store.co.uk/bodhi-seeds/brand_43.html

Im sure you and Jack will work something out.. maybe even talk to Head Chef.. he just did a CBD Crew competition with Jack and the Vault. Winners should be announced today!

14. Hello Hello i have a nice picture.new camera better then cellphone lol
    hows this look with the mutant bud on the right side fan leaf  :) week5   the pink sucks i know 
    one is really praying hard..shorter one,  DinaFemDeepCheese  strain id gettin a really funky fruit cheese smell going now..especially if u bump it..frost starting to show up..crossing mah fingers with my lucky charm in mah pocket [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. i have two mutants in my room right now; both legends ultimate indica x g13 hashplant. a friends creation :)

one has the Siamese twin stem that branches off into three and the other is a trinodal weirdo that is growing strong with three branches on each node. neither would show their sex but i just couldn't throw them out.

16. #456 SoCal Nature Farmer, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015

Looking nice there man!! What camera did you get if you don't mind me asking? Been interested in getting something better to take pictures of the ladies with as well! Plants are looking good bro, that mutation is something else! haha

Hey there, bout time you showed up! haha, Welcome!

Remember pics or it didn't happen! Love to see these mutants especially with genes like that! Feel free to post anything you'd like here as my girls could use the company! haha

I did have a quick question for you though Miss Muffin! I have been looking into using the Blumat carrots for my garden once I get it up and going for quite some time. Real soon I will be using ten 25gal fabric pots and will have 6 maxi cones in each pot for a total of 60 maxi cones. They will be attached to a 5gal bucket I will have mounted to the roof. So it will have about 7ft of height to maintain pressure in the lines, the 5gal bucket will have water pumped up to it from a 40gal reservoir on the floor with a float valve and an overflow tube connecting back down to the 40gal reservoir. The main question I have is in the tubing size needed so I figured pictures would be more helpful.

The reservoir will be here on the floor where the white 5gal bucket currently is.

IMG_20150414_105730_2451.jpg

From there it will pump water up a tube along the wall and over along the roof.

IMG_20150414_104937_5531.jpg

To a 5gal bucket that will be mounted here and have all the feeder tubes connected to it. Eventually the tent will be gone and I will make another room like my flower room and it will run to the roof.

IMG_20150414_105349_4671.jpg

From there I will have the feeder lines running thru PVC and the split into the Veg and Flower area. I will have 5 25gal pots (30 maxi cones) in my Veg room and the other 5 25gal pots (30 maxi cones) in the Flower room. So the feeder lines will run thru PVC and down thru the PVC framing and come out near the bottom and then run to the carrots placed in the pots. (hope that makes any sense if not I can take more pictures). The PVC is just for making everything eye appealing and because I already will have it there for the framing of the rooms. So I just figured why not make all those jumbled lines and trip hazards disappear and run them thru the framing.

So seeing as how you come from a "place" where this was highly talked about I was hoping you may be able to help me! I just don't know the gauge of wire to use or how many emitters per pot etc. Completely new to water pressures and plumbing work and the like so its a bit confusing to jump into.      

17. it is entirely confusing when you read about the height of the rez and the length of the tubing to figure out how high up you need it to be. i have yet to hook mine up so i can't speak from personal experience but can tell you right off the bat, the pump you'll need to use to provide enough power to push water that high at a fast enough flow rate is going to be pretty powerful so if what I'm thinking you're saying that the pump is going to run continuously and water will over flow in a recirulating fashion will not work because the pump is going to heat your water up quick! warm water will breed some funky stuff and clog your lines. blumats are for water only or synthetics. no teas, no nothing can go through the lines. you can add those by hand and the tensiometer will shut off and turn on when it needs to.

most everyone says that if you can get your rez up to ceiling height, then you can run as many carrots as far as you want with no issues. the higher you can get the rez, the more pressure is built up and the less air gets into the lines and that means less problems.

also, you will not need that many maxi's. one regular carrot will water 8-10 inches wide and about 8-10 inches down. depending on how deep your container is, you could either add one maxi or use the blumats to keep the soil moist and microbes happy and then hand water a SST or whatever you want once a week. when i water weekly is also when you do the weekly maintenance like bleeding the lines of air. the line is a continuous loop and has two T's. on T's off to the line that goes to the rez and the other is opposite of that which has a shut off valve that you can turn to bleed the lines. a lot of people have issues with the hard line that comes in the patio sets so there is a way to use the flexible 1/2" hydro black tubing and weave it in a S fashion using a part you can buy that will fit the 3mm hose that attaches to the main line. your pvc idea would work just as well to keep the line straight so there is no pinched off sensors and would make it easy to stay in place when moving pots around. each time you take the carrot out and put it back in, you'll have to dial the whole line of carrots. that is why i chose to do the beds instead of containers. perlite will also screw up a sensor and cause it to go "runaway" and flood your room. that is why i built trays under my beds and I'm planning on using a big 4" wide pvc pipe to help backfill pure peat straight down where i plan on planting the sensor.

i was reading the thread around Christmas time so its hard to remember and now i can't even search by my name to find out the adapter needed to fit my 1/2 hydro tubing. i can however still help you out.

18. Ya know, the only thing that kept popping into my head while reading this was "holy crap just look into a SIP!" I could probably do up some very nice ones for much cheaper!

I just don't know much about them and something about leaving large amounts of water at the base of my pots just doesn't seem beneficial. I haven't had any gnat or soil/flying pest issues and I don't want any! Hahaha

So if anyone could drop a massive knowledge bomb regarding the subject it would be most helpful! (Yes that means you TJ) I know you have tried explaining it to me before haha. For whatever reason though I was stuck in the blumats.

I am just really uncomfortable being tied to the garden no matter what. If a family emergency happens and I can't tent to them like I would normally love to. I would like to be able to leave for up to a week and not have to worry about my girls dying! So please someone try and sway me from using Blumats! I will have more 3/8 Lava rock then I'll know what to do with here soon. So perhaps a SIP is possible!

Thank you for that awesome write up LLB! I will continue to look into Blumats as well. I had no idea about all the maintenance of bleeding lines etc. With all that now I am not sure this system is for me. So again, thank you very much!

19. they are a PITA until the are dialed in. the only things I've heard about wicking type methods is that it encourages fungus gnats and will not sustain the amount of water the plant needs limiting growth. not once though have i seen it tried, then over here it's a whole different world. it takes a week of watching them to dial them in so they feed the right amount of moisture but afterwards, people will leave on two week vacations or use them guerilla outside to feed their plants. that is where it limits the SIP i think. you don't have to bleed the lines weekly; it's just advised. the only gnat issues are from constantly moist soil cause the standing water isn't open and instead enclosed in a tote. that is every growers issue it seems.

people who have them dialed in, swear by them and that is how a huge following started. the growth rates are nonstop with the right soil mix. once you have them figured out and are well aquainted with them, you have less issues. SIP is definitely much easier and CHEAPER to build. the 20 carrots alone are $100 at Costco. then there's tubing, adapters, preventatives like trays to catch spills..... I've already bought into it so I'm dedicated i guess.

i did however make myself some mini SIPS for my clones :) they're happy and perky right now.

20. Yeah from everything I was researching the Blumat carrots just seemed to be the way to go no questions asked! But now trying to set up a system for a garden my size is turning out to be quite the challenge.

I know that SIPs would work and give the same results as the plants roots grow down into the water and can pull it up as it needs it. (my understanding anyway) So I figured if I fill it most of the way with Lava Rock and make sure the water level is below the top of the lava rock by a good few inches. Then the roots will grow thru the rock a bit and into the water, providing the wicking benefit. Yet the water will be submerged and away from any pests landing on it or from stagnate water. I have even heard of people setting their SIPs up to float valves! But then that would take pressuring the line and then I could just use my Blumats haha. That seems like the biggest issue for me is the fact that I don't know how to get water up that high without a pump. Thinking perhaps build a frame to support the 40gal reservoir near the roof? Then just use a pump when filling the reservoir from a 5gal bucket. I don't have any water access any where near by and am having to carry my 5gal bucket full of water out to my grow room when I need water. So to do that with 40gal and then somehow lift it up to the ceiling is a no go! Haha so pumping it up from the 5gal bucket will allow me to not use the pump constantly so no heating up of the water. But if things do get gunky in the reservoir how would I clean it? I shall ha e to see if Coot still recommends Orange Oil from amazon for cleaning out the "gunk". I was speaking with him a while back regarding blumats which is where I got the 6 maxi carrots per 20+ gal container.

I completely understand staying devoted to the Blumats as you've already got the carrots! I have been slowly planning this build for quite a while now. I like to make sure I know everything about a system before using it. So that's what I'm trying to do now as I know once I start getting the things needed there is no stopping me haha!

Let's see them mini SIPs! I love looking at clones, its amazing to watch what they grow up to be!