pHarmers Sustained Organic Living Adventure w/ HiLEDs

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by SoCal Nature Farmer, Dec 16, 2014.

1. New idea for the room layout, going to just go with one large flower room.

1419673800504.jpg

Sup Pharmer! Okay, with my limited knowledge of vapes, I cannot state the name of that specific tank, but I do know that it is a clearomizer. Essentially what you can use in it would be e juice which have many different ranges of PG/VG ratios and differently flavors. As for the tincture I want to make, it would be a mix of these ratios with hash. As for what kind of hash oils you want to use, I am just as in the dark as you are for I do not know concentrates well enough yet. But from my readings I believe the idea is to make a tincture out of hash with ratios of PG/VG, which you can then vape. When I get a chance I'll see if I can figure out something.

Mmm, I'm definitely a fruity kind of guy. The diesels and skunks aren't for me, I want the sweet smells that tickle me in funny ways lol. I would definitely appreciate the step by step process of what you do for your LST methods.

I've done some reading and research concerning defoliation and with how my grow is I feel like it will better increase my yield with the use of defoliation. Yield is not my main concern, quality is, but with the better light penetration I think my quality will still be on pair with what I am expecting. I have no idea what I'll be expecting so I'm just having fun lol. So this is my process for you so you can see what I've been doing.

This is before I did any defoliation. 
    IMG_0732.jpg

Then several days of defoliation and LST to increase bud sites and light penetration.
    IMG_0741.JPG
    IMG_0749.jpg

As you can see when I took away a decent amount of fan leaves there was so many little bud sites just hiding underneath all that shading so I'm really excited to see the outcome of my actions. I also believe I see pistils! You can tell me if I'm wrong, but I think there are two single pistils shooting out.
    IMG_0748.jpg

How are the ladies doing in your garden? I hope your holidays were great and you get everything you wanted haha. I'm also digging the grow room, once you have the plan you can put it to action and make tweaks where you see fit. 

3. This is what I was talking about  :smoking:

4. #24 mrsilly, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
    Wait hold everything I see guitar cases!!!!!!! OMG what is in there inquiring minds want to know! Lol

Silly Pharm
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1349323-Silly-Pharm

5. Things have been very busy around here, hope everyone had a great holiday season!! For me there was no way better then to start the new year off by completing my room! xD

Started off by anchoring the bottom part of the wall to the floor using some wedge anchors. Thought these ones were pretty cool as you can just hammer them thru the concrete into the dirt underneath if I ever want to take the room down.  

IMG_20150101_105752_1041.jpg

So using a rotary hammer I drilled 1/2" holes into the concrete and placed four anchors along the beam.

IMG_20150101_104241_9101.jpg

IMG_20150101_105733_0641.jpg

IMG_20150101_104258_5301.jpg

Then I cut the 2x8's to length and screwed them in 16" apart on center & cut and placed the middle support beams. I also cut the back half of the door for the entrance to the room.

IMG_20150101_155704_7761.jpg

IMG_20150101_155721_7751.jpg

IMG_20150101_155737_4141.jpg

That was all for day 1, on day 2 I purchased the 4x8 sheets of drywall and the insulation.

IMG_20150103_075800_3621.jpg

So I tacked up the insulation & screwed in the drywall.

IMG_20150104_132434_8031.jpg

But the drywall was a pain to hold and screw in by myself so what I did was measure out the 4ft from the roof and screwed in a small plank of wood. Then I would set the sheet on the plank and tack it in real quick, helped out tremendously!!

IMG_20150104_144726_7581.jpg

Now with the door to the room I ran into a power line and as this room was the first time I have ever built ANYTHING, I am still reading up on exactly how to handle moving it. SO for now I am just extremely cautious around it.

IMG_20150104_132507_4341.jpg

View of the door from inside my bedroom

IMG_20150104_201034_0301.jpg

With the exception of the power line the room is now complete but I am expecting to get that taken care of as soon as possible. I wasn't able to make the room 10'x17' due to space limitations but I only lost a foot making it a 10'x16' room!

IMG_20150104_201051_0451.jpg

IMG_20150104_201115_8221.jpg

IMG_20150104_201137_9631.jpg

So today I am going to get everything in there and set it all up. Think I am going to utilize the 4x8 tent I have to veg in for the time being and then flower in the remaining open space of the room. We shall see how everything goes once I get it all in the room! Will update more tonight!!   

6. Dude that looks fantastic. I hope I can stay awake for your update lol. Can't wait to see it all put together.

7. Looks great! Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to the garden!

8. #29 SoCal Nature Farmer, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015

lol Thanks man, its finally all done and ill be doing an update right now! :) I would like an update on your flower situation tho!! How's silver coming along?!?!

Thanks for the advice along the way! I too cant wait xD

haha yes they are mine. Most of them are with another family member now but the ones in the pictures were, a Randy Rhodes V, 7 string Jackson, ESP LTD AX-500, ESP LTD EC-500 but I switched out the pickups and put in EMG 81's & 85's for a more 'metal' guitar. Then there is my baby, a Dean stealth ML snake skin. I love blues and oldies music but use to play a lot of metal when I first started. SO the humbuckers are just amazing to play around with!  

Here is my EC-500:

IMG_20140406_183846_065.jpg

IMG_20140406_183804_773.jpg

& my Stealth ML:

IMG_20150107_204110_6511.jpg   

From what I've been reading over at the silly pharm, seems as tho you have had your fair share of instruments passed around! :)

9. Alrighty, so I was capable of moving the wire from the door way and it was surprisingly simple! After cutting the power to the room I removed the drywall on one side of the wall, exposing the back of the power outlet.

IMG_20150107_103009_7391.jpg

IMG_20150107_103025_7901.jpg

So I stripped the wiring and pulled it thru the holes & placed the box for the new outlet. Cut the wire to length, stripped off the coating and pushed it thru the box. The only thing I messed up on was securing the box in the wall, kept breaking the drywall and popping it up.

IMG_20150107_104331_5421.jpg

IMG_20150107_105905_7941.jpg

IMG_20150107_111707_1901.jpg

IMG_20150107_111718_3441.jpg

IMG_20150107_120334_4401.jpg

So then I drilled the holes in the top for the new wire, cut the new wire to length and attached it to the outlets. Placed the insulation back up followed by the drywall, then I attached the metal framing strips for the door frame as I plan on getting an actual door eventually. Finish nailing in the metal strips and the tape it all up and the door way is complete!

IMG_20150107_111727_9101.jpg

IMG_20150107_120354_4401.jpg

IMG_20150107_132623_2401.jpg

IMG_20150107_142805_7521.jpg

So the way that the room is set up, for now I will have a 4x8 veg area with a 5x12 flower area and a 2x4 area to practice my scrog! 

I will set up the flower area here, just need to pick up some Orca film for the floor, roof and walls:

IMG_20150107_200141_8331.jpg  

It will run all the way until 1 foot before my 2x4 scrog tent here:  

IMG_20150107_200213_5771.jpg

Then my little area for working and prepping teas and such:

IMG_20150107_200414_3821.jpg

The rest will be the veg area once I can ditch the tent, making it a 5x8 veg area. For now the girls are finally happy to be settled! Gave them an IPM spray today of 1 Tbls Neem, 1 Tbls Essential Oil, 1/8 Tsp Aloe Vera powder, & 2 tsp Silica per 1gal of water. Transplanted the clones into 1 & 7gal pots, need to pick up more pots and soil, think I am going to move to 10gal pots. 

GSC mom #1 is doing great, bushing up very nicely!!

IMG_20150107_195731_3491.jpg

GSC mom #2 and all the clones I took from her are just not happy and not liking the move. They are much more yellow and the growth is all together different. But then again mom #2 was in roots organic bagged soil thru veg in the 1gal and got transplanted into 7gal of roots organic (figured mine as well finish the bag). But the clones from her all got put into my mixed soil, yet at the bottom you can see the clone from her is much more yellow then the clones from mom #1.

IMG_20150107_200026_2371.jpg

I transplanted 1 clone from the GSC mom #1 and 1 clone from the Bodhi Pura Vida into 7gal pots w/ my soil mix. These are my first go at No-Till containers as I just put them from Dixie cups right next to the stock of the plants I just harvested before the move. Only needed to disturb about a handful of soil for the transplant as apposed to most of the pot when transplanting from 1gal pots.

IMG_20150107_195957_0111.jpg

Golden Goat re-veg is a success!! She is starting to grow at a rapid pace, pushing out the single blade leaves. Going to wait a few more days and trim off anything that hasn't taken on the re growth.

IMG_20150107_195816_0021.jpg

Group shot of the tent, sitting under 2 SolarSPEC-260's @41" from the bigger plants & 45"-50" from the clones. Will let them acclimate for a few days then start lowering the lights 2"-3" every couple days.

IMG_20150107_195714_8251.jpg

Hope all is well out there in the GC and everyone is having a safe week! Finally back into the swing of things, here we go!!!    

10. Thanks for showing them. Nice collection. Do you still play much?

Silly Pharm
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1349323-Silly-Pharm

11. Thanks man!! I know right, haha I can't wait to get started on composting and get my worm bins going. Still have a lot to look into about that. Thinking I may have a flow thru bin as well as a static bin in a large fabric planter. I'm going to have quite a few raised beds I'll need to top dress frequently. As well as the indoor garden once its in full swing. Still so much to do xD

Unfortunately I haven't played in years, my life has been pretty dedicated to horticulture for the last 4 years. But occasionally I'll play around with an acoustic I have for a few minutes now and then. How about you? Still in a band and jammin?

12. Dude your new room is gonna rock! Plants are lookg great as usual man. Nice work all around!

13. Hey man, its comin along brother! Im subbed up!

Ill admit, the hydro claim on the other page made me write up a book. But i thought better of my first post derailing your thread, like that guy did. I love hydro and i love organic soil. I prefer to run both simulataneously because some of my strains have a preference medium wise.

Your room is lookin great man. Ive done that a couple times! Lookin forward to seein what becomes of it! Your plants on page one are lovely.

Glad to be here brother, hope your health is well my friend!
    ~ poke

14. Oh sweet man!!! Gonna def have to try and make it to one of your gigs!!

Thanks TJ, I can't wait to get everything in full swing! Gonna be a jungle!!

Hey man welcome aboard!!!

Haha, as I said any criticism is constructive criticism as you can always learn something! So by all means, if you have a book of info regarding hydro I'd love to hear what you have to say. As it has always been my understanding that conventional hydroponic users typically use bottled mixes designed by companies claiming they know the exact ratios a plant needs of this or that. Just seems a bit funny to me.

But I'm aware there are other types of hydroponic applications, just not up to speed on what they are or how they function. So I was only responding based on the hydro he was referring to. Didn't mean to come off as tho i was against this or that method.

But may I ask what it is you mean when you say "Your room is lookin great man. I've done that a couple times!"

Thanks again for stopping in man!!

15. I meant building walls, doing all that fun construction. As for hydro, my "book" was merely a very long opinion on the absurdity of claiming one medium or style is better than another, based on my own experience running both, with multiple mediums and styles. All comes down to preference and how much energy a man has imho.

I see a lot of my brothers with illnesses And hydro gardens havin issues maintaining them, due to all the work. My health has fallen too far at this point in time to do hydro currently. But i seriously miss it so much. My confidential cheese plant grew about 8x larger in hydro than soil, but i blame some of that issue on my poor health and being unable to have the energy to maintain the garden like i would if i was healthier.

Ill be along for the ride brother. Gonna do a quick breathing treatment and accomplish the rest of my list of chores i half finished yesterday :)

Ill be in and out during smoke breaks though. Lookin forward to seein your room completed! This year i dedicated a room to my garden, primered, sealed and painted it, ran new ducting, installed a sub panel and ran dedicated breakers and 12-2 wire to 20 amp receptacles, acquired a light meter, added a dehumifier, just received a new ducting fan, the loud jet engine kind and next week if all goes to plan, ill be unveiling some not yet released LED panels by AdvancedLED that i truly believe will give my two 600w HIDs a run for their money. I also acquired about 100 strains, about 80-90 of which i havent yet grown :metal:

And i started a breeding program as well, and just crossed 13 strains with a sleestack skunk male.

Gonna be a real nice year man! Seein other people come up inspires me to be a better a grower! From the few encounters ive had with you i know youre a good egg brother and im honored as hell to call you friend!

Ill be watchin!
    ~ poke

16. PHarmer those girls are looking sexy. I'm pumped you got your room finished or just about done. Gonna be trees growing all up in here! Finally I got to smoke yesterday it felt incredible. I only hit a little bit just to get a buzz going since I gotta be a responsible adult now that I'm working at a real company and didn't want to over sleep incase I got too baked.

Silver is doing just fine. It's almost on auto pilot just gotta give her water and she does the rest. Hating this cold weather she dropped down to 59 degrees on her off hours two days ago but she is just gonna have to tough it out since I can't do much. So she is now on 18 days of flower. Dude, she's gonna be a monster. She grew a lot since yesterday. I'm assuming the stretch is coming on now.

image.jpg

Wish you could see this branch. It's like a double it has fan leaves shooting out of the middle of the stem it's ridiculously bushy.

image.jpg

And some fan leaves are getting a tad frosty. Hopefully you can see it.

image.jpg

That GSC mom #1 is looking beautiful mate. She's gonna be a monster. Was hoping I could get the massive amount of little budsites in the middle of Silved to grow even to her canopy but what you gonna do. No more LST, just gonna let her grow straight up. Kinda aiming for a 1.5' x 2' plant. Lookin good mate can't wait to see you take full advantage of that grow space.

That's funny, I am glad to hear we feel the same way about cultivating as I said literally exactly this as the beginning post of my old journal. Go ahead and pick thru there if you feel up to it, you can find it here: 

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1262471-pharmers-cannaculture-corner.html/page-1

How is it you think I did on the construction aspect? This was my first time building anything so I was pretty nervous at first, but it was remarkably simple! xD

I am sorry to hear about your health issues & the things they have left you un able to do! The main focus of my garden is to make things available to people who are having health issues in which they cant find a way to manage the symptoms. When it comes to medicinal properties of plants, have you noticed any strains that have helped relieve any symptoms?

Nice man! Your room sounds tip top!! Thankfully the area I built my room in was already designed to be a workshop area, so it already was set up with one wall and my bedroom using one 20 amp breaker and then the roof is on another 20 amp breaker. So I have 3 outlets per 20 amp breaker in my room for use, 6 outlets in total. Still need to pick up a light meter tho! ooOoOoOoooo, cant wait to see the release!!

Dang man!!! 100 strains?!?! I would be happy with just running 1 new strain! haha, as I said the main reason I am doing this is to help people out with their medical ailments and try and bring some happiness into their lives. So I plan on getting ahold of quite a number of strains once I get everything in full swing. Then I can mess around with this or that and find what strains works best for the various patients and their ailments. This way rather then "oh this is some sour girl goo, lots of people like it." I can actually prescribe strains based on their medicinal effects and what it is they have proven to actually help people with. Excited to see the outcome of your breeding program!! I plan on popping some seeds of a cross I did about 2 years ago of some Blackberry plants I had, just waiting on the soil to do it! :)

Heck yeah it is man, this year is going to be my year for sure!! I am glad to be able to share my experience and help people in any ways I can. I don't know any growers other then myself in person, so its nice to be able to chat with people who understand. For whatever reason the way I learn and remember things is by talking about them with others and implementing them over and over. Then I can recall things better as well as explain them in better detail as I know how it is I need to word it so people can understand. I ramble quite often about the little details most people care nothing about, then they lose interest in the topic all together & I am left feeling like a nerd! xDD So to be able to talk with people such as yourself is truly a blessing!

haha thanks man!! Its just about done, need to get the Orca Film for the walls and setup the proper ventilation I want. May be picking up a carbon filter/air scrubber seeing as how I live with family now. Don't want anyone picking up on the smell xD I just don't know ANYTHING about them! So does anyone run scrubbers that can fill me in on whatever details ill need to look for when purchasing? Glad to hear you were able to medicate again, sweet man part of your own company, that's the way to do it. Get a career not a job! xD If its not to intrusive, mind me asking what it is you do now?

She's looking great man!! haha showed it to my girl and she said "wow, it looks similar to one of your plants this last time." For 18 days she is looking very nice man! Only thing I would say is try and get a dehumidifier if at all possible as the humidity in your room is a bit high for the temps your running. Drop the humidity and those leaves should perk up real nice, also don't want to have to worry about molds or other issues associated with to much moisture content in between the bud sites. Other then that man everything is coming along great, definitely keep us updated!