pHarmers Sustained Organic Living Adventure w/ HiLEDs

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by SoCal Nature Farmer, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Subbing!  Beautiful grow(s) man!  

• Like Like x 2
  2. #282 41Venom14, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
    Ohh man, guys I think I need a drum roll. Light up your joints, pipes, bowls, bongs, vapes, blunts, or doobs.

It's all done! Just finished trimming up Silver and laid her skeletal corpse to rest. I have all the trimmings in a bag, but I did all my trimming over a silk screen box with two different micron screens. Can't remember off the top of my head the numbers.

image.jpg

Left pile is the goood goood stuff, and the right pile was sitting on top of the smallest screen. This was just a teaser, here's my stash. These are pint jars, im not in the big boy quart jars yet haha.

image.jpg

Top 3 jars were taken 2 days early. I got antsy and started trimming and thankfully pHarmer told me to hold my horses, silver wasn't ready yet. Stems were still flexible. So I gave it another 2 days and the little stems snapped in my fingers, just a tiny bit of flex before they went, perfect. Spent the next 2 and a half hours trimming.

The colas were very dense I loved it. I got lots of little popcorn buds, most were dense but some were airy no complaints. The smell is incredible. I would definitely say this is a low odor strain, but it smells like oranges. All you smell is a citrus scent, I wish you could all enjoy it with me. I'll take some pics of the buds soon, you can rate the crystals and trim job lol.

I love it blades, this feeling is incredible. I don't have a big scale so I can't give a weight yet, but I will before I smoke any. Have two little hygrometers, and will base judgement from those on how the rest are doing. I know I keep thanking you guys, but I'm gonna keep doing it. I love the community here, just a great bunch of stoners. I couldn't have asked for more enthusiasm and wisdom from you peeps. I'll still be around. Going to take a little while off from growing. Like a month or so, just so I can recuperate a bit and get setup for another run.

Smokes on me tonight! Haha.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Yeah I noticed the exact same thing, withing minutes they lifted up and started praying hard! There like "oh thank you, now that's the stuff!!". t
    Then they strut there stuff and explode with growth haha.

Ahh yeah I understand man! Like I said before if you email them with your situation and what your looking for. I'm sure they will be able to work with you and get something figured out to best suit your needs! I too have been rather interested in a dimmable light for cloning/seedlings. I have just been sticking them in the corner of the room and the light bleed has been doing fine so far. So I haven't had the urgency to get one, but I will eventually!

Thank you very much & welcome!!!

There you go bro!!! That's freaking awesome, I couldn't be happier for you! From one small plant that's a hell of a yield man, definitely a crop worth being proud of! I am glad to have been able to pass my advice on to you bro! A really great friend once told me "You did it, you should be hella proud of yourself. What's wrong with helping, a fellow should as its a spiritual high in itself, its called being human.". I really couldn't agree more!!

Those trim trays got a lot of kief, i am gonna have to pick one up myself! SUPER excited for the close up shots! Once the cure has been under way for about a week or so you will see a huge increase in the density. They already feel like little rocks, wait until they have been cured! Again man congrats!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Flower update in 2x4 under single SolarSPEC-260:

Well I picked up all the buds and got them supported back in place. Everything is so dense and beautiful, may try to scrog with my GSC after seeing this!

1427344435745.jpg

1427344452310.jpg

1427344479820.jpg

1427344492025.jpg

1427344465162.jpg

Speaking of close up shots here are a few, as the regular shots just were not doing the coloring and resin production justice!

1427344508879.jpg

1427344563391.jpg

1427344525882.jpg

1427344535993.jpg

1427344547700.jpg

Such beautiful hues of purple and red!

• Like Like x 7
  5. #285 SoCal Nature Farmer, Mar 26, 2015
    Flower update, 5x11 area:

So today is officially day one of flower in the 5x11x8 room under the SolarEclipse-350!! Plant is a Bodhi Seeds Pura Vida.

She was sprouted in a Dixie cup under a SolarSPEC-260 @30" on October 8th

1427348536254.jpg

She was transplanted into a 1gal Smart Pot on October 23rd

1427348561988.jpg

1427348610399.jpg

Started LST after one month on November 8th

1427348637423.jpg

1427348675259.jpg

Transplanted into 7gal pot on December 16th

1427348712304.jpg

Continued with LST in 7gal on Jan 20th

1427348792633.jpg

March 10th

1427348834211.jpg

1427348849640.jpg

Moved her under the SolarEclipse-350 @33"-34" on March 19th

1427348982780.jpg

Here she is tonight, after a 170 day veg, on March 25th

1427349603165.jpg

1427349126106.jpg

1427349614783.jpg

1427349634277.jpg

1427349195318.jpg

1427349207504.jpg

She is just so lush and beautiful! Her undergrowth looks like a bamboo forest! Haha

1427349624490.jpg

1427349647845.jpg

She is 11"-16" tall on the sides and 16"-22" tall in the center and 34" around. Was vegged for 170days from seed completely under LED @30"+. Lowered the Eclipse this evening to 30" from the Cree XTE 5w and 28 1/2" away from the Cree CXA2520 90 Lenses. I also flipped on the UVB switch and am now running the light "full blast". Can't wait to see what these girls can do!!!

Hope all is well out there in the GC!!

• Like Like x 12
  6. #286 Grow2dab., Mar 26, 2015
    Looking awesome mate, those are some epic stems haha.

Thanks for reminding me too, I still haven't any means of support ready yet.

• Like Like x 2
  7. pHarmer that Pura Vida is gonna be massive. I love the LST method you have, it's like a perfect half sphere. I'll have to go back and look through the pages on how you LST cause it's phenomenal.

Question on the curing stage. When they are in jars and the humidity is a perfect 62% do you not touch them at all? Maybe shake the jar a bit to make sure they are all separated, but then it's just a waiting game correct? With the buds I took early, I pop open the jar and dump them out onto a plate for a second then put them back in to make sure they are all separated and no bud rot. I think by tomorrow I should be able to just leave them alone to sit.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Hi pH. Welcome back. Hope you're doing well! I spent my last dozen plus years on the road. It's always nice to get home.
    Awesome update! I'm seriously envious of your setup. You've done a wonderful job! Can't wait to see how that 350 flowers. The GFBA and Pure Vida should really put out some meds for you.

I have a 4x4 flower tent and a 2x4 veg tent, both with a mix of LED and CFL. I'll try to post a couple pics so you can see what I'm working with. The more I see your lights the more I like them. Everyone at GSC that has them seems to be doing well and liking the customer service a lot. That's really important to me. The LEDs I have do very well for what they are, and are well built, but I think the technology is getting better so when I do add more it will be something different. I intend to run mine until they die though. Why not? As I said earlier, I need to expand a bit, just not sure whether to stick to tents or bust out into the room. I'm thinking I only need about 50% more flower space anyway, and the easier to care for the better. My body is getting harder to move and manage so it's a big decision. So is the cost lol!

Thanks for what you do my friend!

• Like Like x 2
  9. they look sureal..like from a fairie tale forrest..awesome squared to the 10th power

• Like Like x 1
  10. Congrats on a fine grow!!! It is great to feeling isn't it..

• Like Like x 3
  11. Once I jar up the bud. I gently roll the jar on it side in my hands. We then open the jars for about 15 minutes once a day. You may not need to do that since you are using Boveda packs....

• Like Like x 3

It is incredible man, this is my first successful grow. I never knew I was gonna make it haha. I have to be of the utmost stealthiness.

With the Boveda packs I think they control the humidity very well, but I just went and rolled my jars to make sure none were sticking together. The jars I trimmed up at the right time are sitting at a perfect 62%. The buds I trimmed early were at around 70% so I popped open the jar. Rolled the buds around on a paper plate and put them back in.

• Like Like x 2
  13. #293 donothinggardening, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    The boveda packs claim to be 2-way but that has not been the case in my experience. I don't use them until after the buds have already been cured and are in long-term storage mode. I would be worried about mold using them from day one tbh.

I have been using the methods linked below with a lot of success. A few little hygrometers from the pet store are a great investment. I own two of those and a Caliber IV digital hygrometer.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/curing

How to properly dry cannabis for succesful curing: http://youtu.be/NKPbXRAv6YA

How To Cure Your Cannabis Harvest: http://youtu.be/PqoI4JkBZ1U

Mold is not fun. Lost 75% of my first harvest to mold from jarring too early.

• Like Like x 7
    Thank you man, really happy with my grow at the moment!

Thanks bro! I will go ahead and post it again as I have to train my Golden Goat plant once I transplant it after harvest. So it should give a good idea on how the training goes and I will follow it along and document anything I do to her. :)

Curing is different for everyone as you have found out and as TJ points out above. For me I leave the buds and leaves on as long as physically possibly to take as long as they can to slowly dry. This way nothing happens to fast giving you a bad taste and degrading the compounds we are after. Now once the buds have been removed from the plant, fine trimmed and placed in jars. They have already reached the point where they are dry enough and ready for long term storage. The second that they go into jars I call it curing, everything else is drying. Once they begin curing they are only a small amount over the 62% moisture mark with the smaller buds slightly under as they dried a bit faster. So I began using the Boveda packs to save me from having to "Burp" the jars everyday and I could just leave them closed and cure perfectly. At that point in time is where the packs have the best effect at two way control by keeping the humidity from going to high or falling to low. I place a small hygrometer in the jars just to be safe and only crack the jars open if they get above 68%. So far I haven't had that issue and everything went perfectly fine my first time using them.

Yeah man it feels awesome to be home, however I am already wanting to be back out and exploring. I am a nature nut and love spending time outdoors doing anything, especially people watching haha. Yes I am very excited about the 350 as well as the BPV!!  

Sweet man I was using pretty much the same space previously before I moved. Feel free to post any pictures you would like bro I will help however I can! I don't feel as tho I answered this question very well but I am not sure what exactly it is your asking, my apologies!

Thanks bro I love how the garden is treating me lately! Wait until I start using the 25gal Fabric pots, then its really going to be a jungle! haha

• Like Like x 3
  15. Subbed. Ill have to catch up tomorrow mang!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Okay... reading your first page... might have to read your thread tonight. Your kind of a smart cat :p

• Like Like x 4
  17. Hahahaha had to pull up that topic, everyone seems to have something to say about that one haha. If you are picking thru the thread tonight you'll see what I mean lol.

Thank you though man I appreciate it!! I can't take all the credit though as I had a great deal of help from various members of this site. The knowledge passed around on these forums is truly invaluable!!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Page 6, but with your massive updates it felt more like 12! Im super jelly of what you got going on btw.

There are some really helpful blades out there. Ive elevated my growing game since joining here. From bottled nutes to organic soil, now my next run will be an organic soil with organic nutes. Trying to get the fat harvest without sacrificing the organic taste.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #299 Root, Mar 27, 2015
    Pretty much caught up.. I see what you mean by the hydro guy coming up a few times haha classic.

So whats left on your checklist to do around the house? Seems like you still have a lot of work a head of you! Ladies are looking great, another amazing example of organic grown.

Ill link my old thread but ill be making a new one soon since ive changed so much in the past few weeks.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1354041-JDO-Quest-for-Clean-THC

Heres some of my ladys veggin out.. happy bunch if I do say so myself.
    Big ladie front and center is a kush (its bagseed). To the left and right were some weaker GDPs. The bonsai looking one in the back is my "5g beast to 1g Bonsai Mum" experiment. Shes a GDP. The little queen in the solo cup is my Infamous Solo cup challenge participant.
    1427435596814.jpg

Heres my usual way of cloning
    1427435609818.jpg

Tried some stright soil ones too
    1427435619726.jpg

How do you clone ? Ive always been a seed guy, changing to a clone/mum guy. Your clones seem to snap into action pretty quickly. Whats your methods?

• Like Like x 1
  20. #300 mainah, Mar 27, 2015
    Here are the pics I promised pHarmer. Nothing like your setup!
    Veg tent with two Dark Star in 5 gal
    image.jpg
    Dark Star
    image.jpg
    Flower tent
    image.jpg
    Strawberry Haze
    image.jpg
    CBD Critical Cure
    image.jpg
    Master Kush
    image.jpg
    One more CBD Critical Cure. Notice the leaf spots. I was not careful enough with cedar oil. The shine on all the leaves is fron neem. That helped the cedar sprayed leaves recover. They're improving.

I'm leaning toward building a small room right where the two tents sit for a flower room. I can veg elsewhere. That would be easiest and probably only require buying one more light, maybe two for a 5x8 space.
    Opinions welcome!
    Thanks again for being so inviting and helpful pH! image.jpg
    Edited to Add last picture.

• Like Like x 5