Evidence of Nuclear Explosions on Mars

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by NorseMythology, Dec 16, 2014.

1. #141 Uncle_Meat420, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015

editno

• Like Like x 1
  2. Some things are best left unknown. Human species will see the real truth eventually.

3. But all knowledge is connected. Know all or know nothing

-yuri

4. My Astronomy textbook (Cosmic Perspective 6th Ed.) says that the chances of Mars and Venus having intelligent life on them at one point is very likely.

Venus' atmosphere used to be like ours, hospitable. However, due to Venus being closer to the sun, the greenhouse gases took over the planet much quicker than they are taking over our own. At tue same time, Mars cooled off because it was too far from the sun to keep greenhouse gas temperatures stable like on Earth. Essentially, there was (most likely intelligent) life on all 3 planets at the same time for a brief period.

I probably regurgitated a good amount of that info incorrectly, but you get the jist of it.

We could very well be descendents of Mars or Venus, who traveled to earth after their resoectivd planets became inhapitable. Or perhaps the opposite, Earthlings traveled to Mars and Venus. No one can explain the pyramids and other built landmasses that line up perfectly (especially considering the "ancient" time period they were built) with stars and constellations, perhaps for cosmic navigation?

We may never know. Good stuff to ponder and reflect on gow small we are lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Holy crap. I always thought about the pyramids and the small crafted objects they found in Egypt and Central America resembling space craft however I never really thought of the point you brought up. And when you brought up intelligent life on those two planets it really blew my mind. Space craft was obviously not present during the pyramids time so how would they make carvings of detailed space craft. It makes me wonder. Whoever controls the past controls the present. For all we know the entire past could be a lie. I can't even remember who won the super bowl 3 years ago. And no one from 150 years ago is currently alive let alone 300 or 1000. So no one can question what is true or not.

6. That is interesting. I would think that book would be a bit to expensive, perhaps my library could get it for me. Would you be willing to re-read it and expound on that? Particularily about how they consider life to have originated there. I am assuming it was more refined that the abiogenesis via primorial soup postulation. I am aware of one (excedingly less fantastic) hypothesis that claims an abiogenic process that is nonrandom, and suggests life is not only a probable but inevitable, but its quite preliminary.

I am quite ignorant in this field, but you've sparked my curiosity.

7. #147 NorseMythology, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  8. Ill type up the section tomorrow for you (later today actually). Its real interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think ancient aliens is a bit if a stretch.

When they say life might have come from Mars, they mean an impact may have launched rocks with bacteria here.

I don't see how we could go from a space fairing civilization to sticks and stone...

-yuri

• Like Like x 1
  10. You can imagine any number of possible scenarios. War? Past catastrophe? If you assume uniformitarianism it would be hard to imagine. Can you imagine how we might be reduced to sticks and stones even today? Seems like an asteroid would have no problem with that. Not only would that wipe out a large portion of life, but would alter the global climate dramatically.

Who knows for sure, but I am not too hasty to make an assumption either way. The fact is, we just dont know yet.

11. I skimmed through the chapter today but couldnt find the info (didnt spend very long looking, ive been playing catchup literally the whole weekend with calculus).

If it interests you to the extent i think it interests you, id buy a used copy of the textbook ($68) or rent it for a semester $9, keep until may). Its the only textbook i have ever bought (and kept after the class was over!). I read through it every once in a while just for fun.

Heres the chegg link http://www.chegg.com/textbooks/the-cosmic-perspective-6th-edition-9780321633668-0321633660?trackid=7872cff1&autosuggest=1&uqry=cosm

If you do get it, your info will be in Chapter 10, Planetary Atmospheres.

When i get some free time to sit down and read, ill post it for others, if i dont forget lol

12. Oh 60 is much less than I thought. Maybe ill get the library to find one and if it enthralls me ill buy it. Good luck on your education!

13. #153 painterdude, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    I am in the we don't know yet department. As far as the Mars face being an artifact I find near laughable. If I look hard enough at my blanket I will find a colony of faces some even resembling the others. Was there a civilization on my blanket? Doubtfully. Maybe of micro bugs (guess I will be doing laundry).

"I do not pretend to know where so many ignorant men are certain. That's what being agnostic is."

I felt the quote fit for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. We are all in the "we dont know yet" as far as I know.

About the face on mars, it isnt just humans that find it significant, so do computers! I dont blame you for calling bullshit on the face, i dont think it looks all that convincing, but interesting nonetheless. What i do find convincing is that computer tests for artificiality all point to it being statistically probable it is artificial, some of them strongly so. It passed all 8 criteria for artificiality. Cumulatively 10^21 to 1

You mentioned this before.. do you have a link to share? I want to see this computer testing it.

• Like Like x 3
    C:\\Program Files\\NASA JPL Software\\Pareidolia.exe

• Like Like x 1
  17. Isn't the face just paredolia and I thought it's nostril was actually just a missing piece of data from the transmission.
    see link for a nice dissection
    http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4097

18. There's so many different theories about what happened its crazy! Thats ok, I can do crazy: Mars once had water, air and life. It wasnt red, that didnt happen til later. Then they get hit by a huge meteor - some even say an escaped moon. It sideswipes the planet with a force most cant imagine. (Note the huge scar we see) Everything escaped, all the water, atmosphere as well as bacteria, amino acids are flung into space. Some of it hit Earth, giving us more water and the beginning of life.

19. New data saying there is water ice still there, covered by dust.

• Like Like x 1

20. Here is a presentation by the author of the paper.