Glass Nail for an Oil Rig

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by robin_nicole, Dec 16, 2014.

1. So my roommate and i got a rig for our bong but the glass nail is slightly too small. Does anyone know any ways to make it fit properly without buying a new one?

2. Nails arnt meant to be a tight fit they should be loose and wobbly to allow smoke past, but pics will help.

Chef.

Loose and wobbly? I have a 19mm rig and my quartz nail fits perfectly and it rips like a champ. I leave my nail on and leave my rig out and when it hasn't been used my nail won't come off, but once I heat it up for a minute and take a dab it loosens up and I can take it off. But I have no need to take it off because I just leave it out.

But why should they be loose and wobbly? 

4. The actual nail not the dome, the bail that goes down the stem a little are usually loose because they have gaps around.
    Can't really explain too well but will snap pics off my nails later when I'm home.

Chef.

5. Since its glass you probably just got the wrong size. Hopefully you're not trying to put a glass nail into a female joint. I don't think they make them. Pics are the only way to be sure

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. #7 steadyglobbin, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
    If it is too small just get a diff sized one, glass nails are only a cpl bucks. Make sure your rigs a male joint and figure out if its a 10,14 or 18 and get urself a new nail. If you cant get one anywhere i could send u a new one lol. I have sooo many that i never used that came with rigs over the years.

Ah I get ya. When I first got my nail it was a little loose but after so many uses it's pretty tight now. I also have a domeless nail, I just find it works better for me.

8. Sorry I took so long! Forgot lol.
    But yeah here is my nail in s 18.8mm make joint, slightly loose which I belive is normal. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418979632.700073.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418979642.367168.jpg

Chef.

9. Thats exactly how it should look.

10. The glass piece i bought for the missus for xmas has arrived :yay:
    Pics in my thread, if anyones interested, my ceramic domeless arrived too :D

Chef