Yellowing leaves turn crispy

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Dare26, Dec 16, 2014.

1. #1 Dare26, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
    View attachment 1644616 View attachment 1644616 I'm 6 weeks into my first grow and I have tried everything I can think of and researched but I can't get my leaves to stop turning yellow. I thought it was nitrogen deficiency because the yellowing starts at the bottom and progresses up. I bought the fox farms trio and have been following the table but halving the amounts. I thought they were good but it started again so I thought maybe it was nutrient burn so I fourthed the nutrients but now I'm back to thinking it's a deficiency or over watering. I water only when the top few inches are dry and the leaves just start to droop. 
    Things to consider:
    4x4 grow tent
    MARS II 1000 watt LED grow light. 
    Batch 64 soil 
    PH water to 6.5
    PH in root zone is ~6.5
    Tent is in my room so I close all of the draw string holes and the mesh vents at the bottom when I sleep
    Fan inside (not directly blowing on plants)
    Smart pots
    Has been happening to all 4 plants the entire grow
    My thoughts:
    The only things I can think of are over/under watering, nutrient burn/deficiency, or the batch 64 moonshine soil. Next time I will go with roots organic + perlite. 

I would immensely appreciate any thoughts or suggestions so I can figure this out once and for all. 

This is what is in the soil: (coconut coir, perlite, pumice, rice hulls, expanded shale, humus, worm castings, biochar, feather meal, fishbone meal, blood meal, alfalfa meal, oyster shell, metamorphosed evaporite, flax seed meal, cotton seed meal, dried molasses, kelp meal, azomite, potassium sulfate, limestone, yucca extract, and mycorrhizae.)

Attached Files:

2. Your plant needs a bit of N my friend, maybe not as much as you applied initially ... see the dark lush green color your girls is expressing, she was about overloaded with N a few weeks ago. N starts slipping @ about ph of 5.9 and isn't locked out until it drops to about 5. Assuming your substrate ph is 6.5 as you say, plant looks good to go. I can grow cannabis indoors start to finish with two/three applications of nutes.

http://hydro-heaven.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/ph_Chart_3.208114926_std.gif

3. Thank you a ton! I will even out the amount of nutrients at a time. 

4. Your very welcome my friend.  :gc_rocks:

5. Did this solve the issue?