DaS Perpetual Stealth Cabs Grow Chronicles

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by DazedAndStoned, Dec 15, 2014.

1. I'll probably solder up some quick disconnect connections so if I need to take off the case for whatever reason I can easily do so without ripping out all the wire. I'm thinking I'll hot glue the wire to the underside of where the foam is so its not really in the way and getting snagged on stuff :p

My HUD needs to be connected to a smartphone so that project is a little trickier, I'm taking an old phone apart so I can solder on the terminals to see out of the HUD just like the screen, this will be used in tandem with a throat mic for voice activation of the programs so all I say is simple commands haha

Some people may say its a bit excessive but a few friends and I want to start up our own field that keeps track of everyone's score such as minutes spent in hard point, kills, deaths, ect. I build home for a living and used to manage building bunkers at a local field, along with servicing the gats so managing a field isn't that far of a stretch for me. Main problem is land near the city that is cheap but forested slightly and obtaining field insurance once everything is built

2. Already tried the soap haha, I have a bunch of visors from hockey that worked very well on the ice, but not so much with my goggles, I think my helmet traps in most of the heat so it just gets crazy fogging if I'm panting like a dog after running away from an ambush or tank

Man rental goggles are the worst, my local field at least gives you a free pair but they suck. Invest in a good brand name of of thermal lenses and its like wearing a cloud. My dye i4s are slightly small so I get shot in the chin or throat sometimes but they are so comfy and fit my head perfectly. I've tried probably 20 masks in the last 10 years and I'll never buy anything else. It doesn't fog much compared to my glasses, that's pretty much the main reason why I'm doing this build. Everyone on my field is wiping their goggles, I was wiping my glasses, my goggles would fog very slightly at the worst but you still have like 95% vision, its just condensation building up. If I didn't wear a helmet I'd say my mask wouldn't fog at all but my glasses still would

Man even investing in a tippmann 98 and getting a better barrel for it goes a long way. I find the rental guns don't get chronod as often as they should, and the barrels usually are not the right bore size so your shots go all over the place with no consistency. Most fields dont have time to take apart the bolt each time the games are over, and grease orings every single time they are use, like they should be. If you had that exact same marker and maintained it, it will be miles better than the rentals even though they are essentially the same internals.

3. #243 DazedAndStoned, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
    Isn't Cali known for tons of magfed only events? I've been meaning to hit some up, hoping my team can make on this year.

Count me in bro, I'd down to sling paint with everyone!

4. I've only been like 5-10 times so not sure about the mag fed matches. I was looking at those dye helmets but thought they looked kinda small. Getting shot in the chin sounds rough lol. However if they are that nice that even after getting shot in the chin and neck your still rollin with them they must be awesom. How about Ur hopper. Recommend the dye rotor?

It just adds a bit more to the competition side of it really, would make it more interesting when playing the same people all the time. Back in the day we use to have a super detailed scoreboard for Mario Kart of all things, made things allot more exciting/strategic even violent at times lol

Yeah to get something that would suit you cheap enough you are going to have to drive a bit for it, unless maybe an old warehouse or something if you want to stay close to the city?

6. Hell ya those rotors are awesome from dye. Anything dye is great, I have their camp set and its awesome. I have a rip clip and they are also great loaders. I have a pinocio hopper to go on it and its got nose cones that I can switch out to go from 240 to 450 balls

Yea the i4s are smaller but very comfy and I've learned to keep my face down when I see a stream of paint coming lol

A warehouse would be cool too, I'd have to check with our city zoning laws and stuff though.

Yea the score keeping would be aimed more for the walkons but also renters who wish to know how well the did against their buddies. I picture a couple drones being used for recon and stuff too, I am building a couple for that purpose for my local field, I got the okay from the owner for big games. Probably won't have it ready till mid summer though, too many projects on the go at once here haha :p

The ones that hit me between the top of my mask and the strap on a baseball cap, worn backwards. They would never break, and hurt like a fucker lol  I used to roll with an empire reloader B, loved it...good buddy of mine had all dye accessories, including rotor, thing is a monster...ofc this was back when the etek 2 came out, that thing shot ropes!!

8. You guys are making me want to go paint balling soon. I even took my wife last couple times. Want to get her a nice accurate long barrel and some of those first strike balls. She normally hangs back anyways so a nice sniper set up would be nice for her. At the very least it's an excuse to buy some new man toys!

9. Bro that's why I wear my helmet now. I was laying at the bottom of a hill behind a small trench and took about 5 or 6 shots right on the top of the head and forehead, it cut me up even through my hat. The dude was shooting a little hot at like 315fps fuck it hurt. I went years without ever considering wearing a helmet but I don't want to ever feel that again haha. My ears were ringing and I'm pretty sure the bounces felt like rocks

I love how many people on here are into paintball lol, fuckin eh brothas

10. Domed a buddy in the ear with a curve around a tree one day.... He was done for the week. The next friend I played with got it straight in the mouth of his mask.... Apparently he was breathing through his mouth at the time too - they were unhappy.

11. First strikes are awesome man, your wife will love sitting back picking people off haha. If you have tons of coin the sar12 is the best sniper platform, but there are many great markers a lot cheaper too. The war has the longest barrel and its designed specifically for sniping applications, I'm saving my pennies to get one.

Other great first strike platforms are the hammer7,milsig m17, rap 4 468, Tiberius t15, or the tgr2 or 36c. Best mags are Tiberius and honorcore by far :)

12. Yuck, paint is gross. Tasted it more than once haha. They say its non toxic. There is actually a company that flavours their paint just in case you get shot in the mask and eat it, I forget the brand, but they have a variety of flavours and scents to choose from lmao I found it pretty funny someone actually produces that

13. Beer flavour thanks and keep em coming.

14. #254 DazedAndStoned, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
    Wow checked on my babies and I must say they really loves the nutes because everyone has grown a fair bit, my OG kush that was slacking really bad has developed a ton of roots in 24 hours, I think the voodoo juice really helps in root production.

However I have notice a little bit of brown slime forming on the roots, I am assuming this may be root rot, so I am adding about 3ml per gallon of medical grade h2o2 to help keep that at bay

15. My Northern Lights is some dank shit, by far my best looking plant this run and for only 4 or 5 weeks in she is dripping with resin, with a very sweet scent. I love it so much I'm going to start up some more Northern Lights seeds, and some other peak genetic since they seem indestructible.

Pretty sure I'm going to be sticking with dwc, it's nice not watering the veggers at all and just checking to res every now and then, and topping off with water if I notice the ppm spike. The roots are getting pretty thick and some of the peek seed babies were kinda tangled but I'm going to separate them into their own containers in the next few days. I may pullback plug on my super lemon Haze going in the HPS cab because she looks terrible, the lack of calmag really damaged her foliage big time so I'll probably just stick my dwc babies in there

Raising the ppm slightly tomorrow or the next day as the babies are looking a little hungry but nothing concerning, I'll snap some pics, they look pretty good for being under only a single 90W UFO at the moment

16. Where did you get you NL from again mate?

17. PeakSeedBC for $30 for a ten pack. I actually bought a bulk order, so it was more like $15 for the pack cause MikeJ tossed in some freebies with my order. Awesome breeder for sure

I really like all their genetics, even this mutant blueberry is starting to kick ass, she is just finishing the stretch and throwing pistils everywhere! When I watered her today, all I could smell was blueberries it was heavenly. Starting one more hopefully it'll turn out female.

18. Nice, hadn't heard of that one yet.

Why "Mutant" is it a hermi or something? That's what I called my last one cause it grew all these weird 10/11 blade leaves.

19. Haven't transplanted the autos yet but that will happen tomorrow probably. These plants are taking off now, gonna up the PPM slightly whenever I do end up putting them in their own res

1422861471891.jpg

Red Poison Auto
    1422861503789.jpg
    1422861516507.jpg

Elite Auto
    1422861545340.jpg
    1422861558831.jpg

Kush Skunk
    1422861715886.jpg
    1422861726004.jpg

OG Kush
    1422861667564.jpg
    1422861681266.jpg

Kush Berry or Northern Lights
    1422861769793.jpg
    1422861782649.jpg

Kush Northern Lights or Berry
    1422861620257.jpg
    1422861636975.jpg

20. Here is my most recent shot of her, she's gotten a little bit bigger in the 5 or 6 days since this photo. But those leaves are very mutated, it has been like that since birth. Apparently despite the mutated genes of Blueberry it is one hell of a smoke

Attached Files: