Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Positive Drug Test Result - First Experience

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TheAlienBirdMan, Dec 15, 2014.

1. #1 TheAlienBirdMan, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    Hey everyone , 

Im 20 years old and I  I knew i was going to fail the test due to smoking cannabis regularly.. took the saliva test anyways because i was too nervous to resign on the spot. Employee assistance program is offered 

I want to know.. 

- What is the next best step for me?  I do not want to stop smoking marijuana, will not consider employee assistance program. 

-Will I be able to (or do I absolutely have to) list the company i failed the test for on a job application?

Will a future employer be able to see my positive result for marijuana?

~any advice is appreciated !

2. If you're lucky you'll just get suspended, that's if they're cool.  A lot of companies are just zero tolerance for any positive result.  Keep your fingers crossed for a suspension and not a boot.  

I wouldn't be able to tell ya if future employers can see the fail or not.  Best of luck to ya dude

3. I would really appreciate another reply

4. You don't HAVE to list any job on your resume. You couldn't quit smoking for 2 days to pass a saliva test? Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Yeah its rough man, no idea it was coming

6. Oh ok I feel you. Thought you knew ahead of time. You don't have to tell future employers and they will not know about it on the bright side.

7. do you have to on another job application?

8. No you put whatever you want on a reference sheet/resume. The only thing is it will look like you have less experience jobwise. If you do list them and your future employer calls to inquire about you I'm not even sure they can say that you failed a DT.

9. My experience with HR when questioned about an applicant for a new job is that usually they say  if they would  hire you again or not.  Most employers are afraid of being sued for slander if they reveal personal information so they don't.  Good luck.

10. Would this go down on your background though.  My last two jobs they've ran extensive background checks.  You don't have to put that the employer that fired you on your resume but your future employer could always run a serious background check

11. I think they just ask you honestly that would be a lot of paper work that no one wants to do.

I worked security in the summers and with children in the winter.  So they both did the FBI background checks or something.  Took them both a while.

13. When I ever got questioned for drugs and forced to take **pre-employment** drugs screens, I ask for water fist because I say I have dry mouth...  I hold the water on the sensor and has worked so far...  I expected to fail, I brought in all of my presriptions, two of which should have lit that thing up like a christmas tree!!! but it showed nothing....!!!!  I actually argued with them for a faulty drug test kit, using the exuse that they are letting people ***who they KNOW*** are "dirtty" to do dangerous work!!  I was almost outraged my little idea worked good 'ol H2o in your mouth with the test worked for me.  Covered Adderall and painkillers!!!  I'd argue that the one they issued you was a false positive and you demand to have a urine test.  Then just simply go to the local headshop and get dehydrated piss and Voila!  PASS!  They should at the VERY least give you two if the first is positive and you argue that's wrong, and convince them they too are wrong untill you can (fake)/piss in a cup!  Trust me bro it's not the end of the world!  DO NOT LET THEM FIRE YOU OR QUIT BEFORE!!!  You will lose all of your unemployment benifits if you quit.  (if you qualify/ gov. still gives unemployment?)  I'd personally quit before the words your fired leaves their mouths!!!!!!!  SOOOOO much better on a Resume...  Cuz you deserve a better company then one whom harrassess you right?

LONG story short demand a 2nd piss test, and fake it if it means that much. 

FYI you shouldn't be getting high at a job that depends on your abbility to be clear headed and make potentionally life or death decisions ie. as simple as driving or even factory work...  Even a fork lift driver...  Not saying you are but for anyone who's remotely responsible and who is reading this.  There's a time and place for everything.  If ya keep getting high and fail another drug test they offer down the line, that'll be a BIG RED FLAG on the DO NOT HIRE LIST!!  Get it?!?