transcendental meditation difficulties

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by hippiedom, Dec 14, 2014.

1. man its such a drag y'know, after learning all the factual information i could about the technique known as transcendental mediation (most recognized as the technique the beatles learned in India) i wanted to try it and have done a number of times but every time i attempt it recently somethin fucks up, either its my neighbours playing their stupid fucking electronic music or cars flying by outside.

also i struggle to do it when i have been smoking even a day or 2 after i still find it hard.

i was wondering if any of you guys have some experience with this and can help me out with blocking out all these distractions.

also does anyone else have trouble meditating after smoking ?

the time will come when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you - George Harrison

2. stop focusing on blocking everything out. just be still and let it all be. and when distractions come, let it come and go. stop thinking "oh great, electronic music", or "oh there goes another fucking car"

just be

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Hey I hear ya clucking big bird. I have had the same problem with TM. If I smoke it takes several days for the TM to start working again. If I stay off the weed for awhile I start to sink deep in the meditation again, just like when I took the course. I guess that's why they won't teach you unless your off the smoke for 2 weeks before. I thought they were being prissy but its true the weed blocks the transcending. If I'm off weed for a few weeks the TM is really deep and the time goes by super fast and I don't notice any noise. If I'm smokin then I stay on the surface in meditation and it seems like the noise is the issue but its got nothin to do with the noise it's the pot keeping my mind floating on the surface instead of sinking down into that deep peaceful thing. I find with TM I'm smokin a lot less and just groovin on the natural high a lot more.