Which of these 2 bongs should i purchase?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by duckbob22, Dec 14, 2014.

1. I know some people get super technical about their smoke, and I'm sure the difference is a bit, but is it worth the extra 30 to you? Well, it depends on your financial situation. I say if you are going to invest in a bong, spend the extra money on it, because it will last you a long time, so why not get all the bells and whistles on it, on the other hand, if you are just looking for a cheaper interim piece that will last a few years until you get the 'epic' one, then just go with the 88$ one.

2. #3 wumboshouse, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    Why would anyone want a spinning splash guard? I don't imagine those things working too well... I really suggest you get something without a "spinning splash guard".
    just my 2 cents.
    also honeycomb>fritted due to frits clogging like a hooker's throat

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Good question on that one. I imagine the mechanics of it are completely glass like the bong itself, and that the spinning itself relies on the way the glass is formed and the vaccum created when you are taking a hit. Really is there a point in it spinning? Eh I guess it COULD potentially stop more water from coming up, but really it depends on the length of the bong. For example my bong is 21.5 inches, the water is only going to go up a few inches (Like 6 at most), if you have a hella short bong you like definitely want a splash guard unless you plan on getting bong water all over your mouth. Anyway back on subject, this is a 16 inch bong we are talking about, it's not a mini by any means. If you like to pack your bong with ice, MOST water if it splashes at all is going to be inhibited by the ice, so really is there a need for it to 'spin'? No not really, one thing to consider though is when you are getting the smoke in there and it's bubbling that water can splash up, there are holes in the splash guard for ventilation and water is capable of getting through them, if it spins around it will drastically reduce the chances of that happening, on top of that it's super dope and if he's a social smoker I'm sure it will be pretty entertaining to see the smoke go through it, especially if he gets it super thick; I imagine it would look like a vortex, and if he's buying a long term bong and he has a little extra to spend, why not?

So yeah, at the end of the day it's kinda pointless, but it depends on the buyer, some people like that kinda stuff (me) and some smokers don't, it depends on the kind of experience you want. Hopefully I bring some good points to the table for you to consider. Regardless, both of those pieces are super sick, and I don't think it's a bad choice either way.

4. First one seems like a way better purchase. I much prefer honeycombs over fritted disc

5. Thanks to everyone who commented, I will be purchasing the honeycomb disc bong sometime this week!

6. Great topic! I've been trying to decide on which one myself too:) they're cheap and do the job. Haha. I'm just looking to downsize and get something with minimal drag. I have a 2 foot triple dome perc right now and that thing has a TON of drag and makes it really hard to clear. Gonna get the honeycomb for myself:)

7. Are you OP's friend or alter ego or something?

8. I'll be honest and say I already knew what he was trying to explain long before he had ever attempted to.
    He just got the wrong idea :/

9. Since when was sharing information with someone a cause to call someone an alter ego? Sounds like you didn't read my post, friend! Try it again.

You were asking which bong to choose, I explained the mechanics behind it and why it doesn't matter which one you go with because they both accomplish the same thing, I just stated that point in a longer post. Cheers!

10. wumbo's not OP. Looks like you might be the one needing to re-read posts. Go on, try it again.

11. I just bought their 15" singe fritted disc 7mm bong and I absolutely love it. Bitch to keep clean but smokes great.