Sick plant need help asap - SUPER SILVER HAZE HYDROPONICS

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by geniegrowbuds818, Dec 14, 2014.

1. #1 geniegrowbuds818, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    Ok I am in need of a really informative and knowledgable grower with good experience in hydroponics as I try and find a solution to my plants problem. To start off I'd like to give some information about my grow set up. My plant is sitting under a 400w hps grow light that runs 18 hours a day and is in an 18 gallon tote from Walmart (black of course) and has 2 air stones bubbling. The ph for the water is a consistent 5.8 as it is constantly checked and recorded throughout the day. I am using Fox Farm nutrients to feed my plant and I feed weekly as prescribed. The nutrients are as follows Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom. I feed once a week and change out the water in my reservoir tank every 2 weeks. I am in week 4 of vegetation. It wasn't until the 2 week where I changed out the water that I noticed a difference in my plant. It became limp almost as if it was just laying there hopeless. Now this being my first grow other than my previous grow where my friend actually killed my plant 4 weeks into flowering I have a constant concern of the water level at which I keep the net pot. When I first started and with success I kept the net pot submerged in the water where about a centimeter of the rockwool cube touched the water and had major success. But like I said before when I switched out the water I had some major setbacks and health problems with my plant. With the appearance of my plant and various pictures and questions sashes around local hydroponics stores I was suggested to take about half a gallon of water out as the net pot is supposed to sit about half a centimeter away from the water and to check the ph level consistently. After doing what I was told I am still seeing the same signs of my plant with no change of appearance and or health. I am almost thinking that I should have the net pot sit at the same level it was before because of the success I've had in the past but I am unsure as this is my first grow. Please all experienced growers in hydroponics that have had major success with big yields and can diagnose my plant respond back asap. I will be attaching some photos to give a clearer visual of my plant as I feel my words don't give a good enough description. There is also a yellowing of the leaves from the tip to about half way down the leaves. Thank you all very much.

Attached Files:

2. #2 geniegrowbuds818, Dec 14, 2014
    Here are some pictures of my plant

Attached Files:

3. #3 geniegrowbuds818, Dec 14, 2014
    I am not sure if it's overwatering, underwatering, too much light, or a disease. Here is a picture before changing out the water where I had the net pot submerged in water where only about a centimeter of the rockwool cube was in the water.

Attached Files:

4. Is that its normal color? Or due to HPS being on...

It looks overwatered. How do your roots look?

5. Yeah the first two pictures of my plant in the first post is the normal color. From the tip of the leaf to the middle of the leaf is yellow.

6. #6 Insider79, Dec 14, 2014
    Ah... I would consider Nitrogen deficiency let me do some looking...

7. Sorry for the late reply but I am looking into it now. I fed my plant a little earlier than I would normally just really a day before. The first picture with that orange straw is from this morning. My other concern is the drooping.

8. Troubleshoot one at a time... often what causes one causes many others. It can become a domino effect. The wilting could be too much or too little water. I would back off, as less is better in this case.

9. Thank you for your help I was able to fix the problem my plant is doing much better. I also thought there was some root rot so I cleaned and put in fresh water in my tire as well as some Hydroguard for the roots. It's been about 5 weeks since a seedling I estimate the entire life cycle of the plant I be about 4 months including harvest. The plant is approximately 16 inches and 12 inches wide. Is this good for 5 weeks in an 18 gallon tote? I've experienced trouble in the past as you already know.