400 watt cool deluxe MH?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by kwsg, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Plants are only 2 weeks old from seed, my basement is 60* all the time and I have the light 1.5' roughly from the tops and it is only 65* at the tops at most and I can feel no heat on my hand, could I lower the light a bit? What would you guys suggest? I started them on a 125 watt mogul base 6500k and just switched them to this

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Any suggestions?

3. you can lower slowly, just don't drop them 6 inches a day or anything. i would drop them 2-3 inches a day until you reach an area in which the plants are still under 80 degrees F. i have had plants grow right to the bulb, within an inch and be fine. as long as high temps are avoided and you give them a little time to acclimate, you should be fine.

4. Ok thank you very much

5. I have always used CFL only in the past and never really had to worry about it, I just couldn't let the plants touch the bulb and I was fine

6. If you have the cash you can get an infrared thermometer so you can measure the exact temperature canopy. I use this method to get my lights at close as possible without going over 80f.
    [​IMG]

7. I have one of those i just need to find it,