Converting a rig to a dry herb piece

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by samil0x3, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Hi! Was just wondering if I could get any advice on converting an oil rig into just a regular bong. I know I can use a female to female adapter but my question is more about the size. The male piece that the nail goes into and the female piece would rest over is very small. I would assume 14mm but are there any other sizes? Or is the smallest one always 14 whether it's male or female? I don't want to get the wrong size. I know this post is kind of confusing, you'll have to excuse me I just took my morning toke. :) 

2. You can buy a female flower slide and skip the adapter.
    Post a pic of you can.
    It's most likely 14mm but can also be a 10mm if it's a really small pendent sized rig in which case I doubt you would wanna smoke flower out of it.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

3. If it's really small it might be 10mm. You could definitely smoke herb out of it but I personally wouldn't just because I feel like I would eventually break it taking the bowl off and on after every hit. If it's 14 you'd be fine that's a normal size

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
    Sorry I guess I accidentally quoted instead of edited

5. Female slides are more rare than males but if you're not worried about getting a really cool one then they're a lot more efficient and better looking than an adapter and male slide.

As for size, 14mm and 18mm are the most common, very small 10mm rigs are less common but exist.

Post a picture of the joint with a penny as size reference and I can tell you what it is.

6. female flower slides arent uncommon, should be able to get a simple one easily

7. #7 steadyglobbin, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    Get a female slide lol. Although for some reason i prefer male bowls so id prob get a female female adapter. All the female bowls ive used are like flat on the bottom and dont burn evenly, even my Grab Labs one isnt that great. Also if its a VERY small joint it could be a 10mm. One more thing is make sure you clean it completely when switching back and forth between flower and errl or itll taste gross.