think i fucked up...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by THCraving, Dec 14, 2014.

1. i was scheduled to work yesterday 4-12 but didnt show up... i took 3 monster dabs an a blunt to the face thinkin i'd be okay...

little did i know once i got to the parking lot i looked high as a motherfucker and was too paranoid to go in thinking i'd get caught

so i left and didnt go into work or call or answer calls from supervisors... i'm a real dumbass.

my work has a policy that says we would be considered as voluntarily quitting if we dont show up for 3 consecutive shifts without giving proper notice

my next shift is tuesday.. should i call in this morning or what do i do :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. not get high AF and go into work and keep your job. Why didn't you say you would be late give you some time to sober up

The answer is yes..... There were times I was accidently high AF and went into work. Didn't work well but got the job done

3. All you can do is go to work ,have a really good alley-bye ,and be ready to go job hunting just in case things don't go so well. Good luck friend.

4. i'm really disappointed in myself, this would never happen again.

i'm just scared i got this job 2 weeks ago (movie theatre) and really like it here. i should of just went in late... fuck. hopefully upper ranks won't be to harsh on me or even fire me... this is the first time it happened

5. But... Why? Why didn't you call in sick? Why did you take 3 monster dabs and smoke a blunt before work? Why when you're only two weeks in and probably not 100% sure what you're doing? That just really wasn't a smart move at all

6. They should cut you a bit of slack for your first offence, but you have only been there 2 weeks so its not a great impression. Come up with an alibi (grandmother dies unexpectedly) or some shit and apologise A LOT. don't do it again and you should be ok man. best of luck dude 

yeh call them up today and explain what "happened" and why you didnt turn up

7. like i said man i make sone stupid paranoid decisions when i'm stoned... i'm really fucking disappointed and disgusted at myself right now. its 4am should i call in this morning and say i was at the hospital all day yesterday due to a very high fever? we just had a storm here also btw

8. But to answer your question, yes, call in, tell them some bullshit. They won't be suspicious of you unless you give them a reason. That being said, smarten the fuck up. If you're paranoid about getting CAUGHT at work, you are not experienced enough yet to work high. If you're missing shifts and ignoring their calls, they'll probably get a little pissed. They'll most likely turn their heads the other way if you're awesome at your job but a little stoned, now if they don't like you so much, you're gunna have a bad time.

TLDR: Smarten up. Get your priorities straight.

9. can someone help me out... like give me a script :( i literally am so dumbfounded right now i dont know what to say when i call im scared i might choke and get loss at words to the point they KNOW im bullshitting...

10. Dude you had food poisoning and explosive diarrhea. You couldn't make it in to work at all.

11. I couldn't imagine getting high before work.  Seems like a waste of a high.

12. #12 Carne Seca, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014

Yep. Feel the same.  To the OP if you're in the states then you're on a 90 day probationary period.  Your prospects aren't looking too good.  On the other hand they may not want to go through the trouble of looking for and training a new employee.  Good luck.  

13. If I were you I would go into work like nothing happened and when they bring it up look absolutely shocked and say "oh my god I was suppose to work that day?!?!?!?!" Say that you were out of town on a family trip and thought you requested it off. Then apologize profusely and say you will be more vigilant and make sure the mistake doesn't happen again. 

14. Listen to this guy. ^

15. i would say something to the effect of not realizing you had to work and then give one hell of a heart felt apology. explain how you feel about the job so they know you are serious. you should be ok. you will of course get written up but dont worry man, you should still have your job.

dont make up a stupid ass story either because the more you lie the more you have to remember of that lie. naw meen? :metal:

16. If you can, say it was out of country so your phone was off to avoid roaming charges. Don't get too complicated though, you don't want to end up making this a huge thing, and you also don't want to seem to nervous/defensive, it was an honest mistake!

17. so are you an usher or food cashier or what?? If you have 3 strikes you should be fine

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #18 THCraving, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    anybody have any other ideas on why ididnt answer the calls? it may seem a little too much to say i was out of country, but i will say that if its my only choice. i think im gonna do the show up to work and act like i requested it off thing..

19. I agree the country thing is a little excessive but if you were already on a family trip why not :) either way you should find a good reason that you didn't pick up their calls

20. Say you had food poisoning and was so weak you couldn't even lift your head off your pillow that day, apologise profusely! If you really want to make it sound convincing tell them it was so bad you shit the bed... Sorted!