One of my ScrOG plants is DYING

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Pzbnx, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If possible, I just want a quick diagnosis.

ScrOG, flowering day 43.

Three plants. Left, Bio-Bloom (50ml/10L). Middle, Lucas 5:15 (15ml + 45ml/10L). 

[​IMG]

Right, Bio-Bloom (50ml/10L).

[​IMG]

My temps were high before (36-38C), but have been 28-31C for the past week, which was BEFORE this issue occurred.

So, that rules out nutes (as the Right plant is receiving the exact same nutes), and heat.

What else could it be?

The leaves are basically dead, what could this be?!

[​IMG]

2. Can you check the runoff from each plant?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    Why would that matter?

4. #4 gone4good, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    you say "that rules out nutrients" think again because that's your problem.
    you check your runoff for extreme ph shifts and high ppm.
    Flushing is no fun in a scrog.

• Like Like x 1
    Okay, two things:

1.) That CAN'T be the problem because I'm watering two plants with the SAME nutrients and only ONE of those plants is yellowing. Explain to me how a nutrient problem could still be a viable option.
    2.) I already did flush, two days ago. What would checking my runoff prove?

6. #6 gone4good, Dec 13, 2014
    I already explained why one would check the runoff.
    When I answer someone's question on here I'm not just pulling rabbits out of my hat..I've actually been where you're at...i know what you need to do but since you're so sure that's not the issue I'll leave you to your own troubleshooting. .good luck with that.

You said I should check my runoff for PPM and pH.

How is that an explanation? You have made no effort to explain to me what the correct PPM would be and how I would fix it.

Not to mention you've ignored the fact that I've been saying since the start that I water both plants with the same nutrients so the runoff would be identical, i.e. not the source of the problem.

And now you're getting defensive with me? LMFAO.

8. #8 gone4good, Dec 13, 2014
    Lmfao @ your gardening skills bro

• Like Like x 3
    Judging by the fact that you haven't been a tiny bit of help in what is likely an obvious issue, I'd say my gardening skills far outweigh yours.

Though, even if my gardening skills were 1/10 as good as yours, I'd still be able to explain myself better than you.

10. Oh well then you're all set then. Sorry to have dropped my 2 cents on top of your dollar. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 Pzbnx, Dec 13, 2014
    Oh well then you're all set then.

ROLF. Where did you glean that from, Einstein? What did I tell you about thinking?

No, I'm still looking for someone who's competent to help me out.

Unfortunately, since you've set the bar so damn high, I think you've deterred anyone from responding to this thread.

Sorry to have dropped my 2 cents on top of your dollar. Lol 

You didn't drop 2 cents. You threw a Mexican peso at me and acted like it was a silver dollar, then got snippy with me when I called you on it.

Seriously, the fact that you have 2,000 posts on this site is one of those statistics that make me shudder, like the idea that rape occurs every 7 seconds.

12. #12 gone4good, Dec 13, 2014
    If you think I'm the one scaring off responses think again corky.
    You come one here with hardly any information about your grow and an asinine assumption that just because two plants are given an identical nutrient dose that they'll absorb the nutrients equally...(lol at that one.)
    Most of the unanswered questions on here are the result of people that are too lazy to provide all the necessary information. ..like you.
    And my 2000 posts are over a 6 1/2 year period. That's hardly substantial compared to most of the blades on here.

• Like Like x 2
  13. middle plant looks like light burn and the yellow ones look like calcium lockout either from ph or n tox

14. If you think I'm the one scaring off responses think again corky.

I disagree, but I doubt your cognitive dissonance will allow to accept guilt in any form.

I just love how confident you are, despite feeling the need to put someone else down (the hallmark of an inferiority complex).

But, of course, the irony is lost on you, isn't it?

You come one here with hardly any information about your grow

I listed all the information necessary in my OP.

You only asked me to provide one extra piece of information.

and an asinine assumption that just because two plants are given an identical nutrient dose that they'll absorb the nutrients equally...(lol at that one.)

No, don't lol at that one. Explain it.

Why WOULD two identical plants receiving two identical doses of nutrients absorb it differently? I would love to know.

Most of the unanswered questions on here are the result of people that are too lazy to provide all the necessary information. ..like you.

The reason my question hasn't been answered is because you failed to explain to me why that information was necessary and what it could mean, even when I specifically asked you to explain this.

Again, explaining things - it's so very basic and you're so very bad it.

But at least you're good at pointing the finger at someone else. Where would you be without that?

And my 2000 posts are over a 6 1/2 year period. That's hardly substantial compared to most of the blades on here.

Really not relevant to my point.

The idea that you've spent 6 1/2 years ANYWHERE or had even a modicum of influence over ANYTHING for that long makes me cringe a thousand cringes.

Defensive douchebags like you need to join the army. You deflect and ignore any criticism leveled against you.. might as well try deflecting bullets. If you succeed, good for the nation. If you fail, it's not really a loss.

Name-calling and disrespect don't float here. You need to read the Forum Guidelines before posting again. - RMJL

But what could possibly cause that?

The pH was identical in all three plants.

I also ruled out Nitrogen Toxicity by flushing.

Also, it wouldn't cause this yellowing/dying. Rather the leaves would become more green.

16. why dont you check your ph just to make sure dude? thats what that dude was trying to say. TBH your the one over reacting about this, he was just trying to help. 

and if your gardening skills were so much better than his im sure you would know what a too high or low of a ph causes because that is like the most basic important thing of growing cannabis.... ever heard of nute lock outs? yea caused by too high or low of a ph and showing exact signs that your plants is.. shit im only on my first little grow and seem to know more than you. dont be a dick to people triyn to help, calming ask what the right ph would be bruhh. 

maybe its your hostility that is causing your plant to die :confused: haha

anyways best of luck, take everyones advice into consideration even if you think its crazy, might just save your harvest..

how do you know the ph was identical if you didnt test run off? soil changes the level of the waters ph once it runs through. just check it damnit, then you can come back n hate if you were right..

• Like Like x 2
  17. why dont you check your ph just to make sure dude? 

I just wanted an explanation as to why that is important. I just never had to deal with this issue.

If I have identical plants, identical water, identical pH going in, identical nutrients, why would the pH/PPM be different?

And, most importantly, if they are - what does it mean, what is it caused by and how do I fix it?

That's all I was asking.

thats what that dude was trying to say. TBH your the one over reacting about this, he was just trying to help. 

Come on, man. He wasn't really trying. No one is that incompetent.

shit im only on my first little grow and seem to know more than you.

You're explaining that 2+2=4, then assuming I don't know it because you fail to realize the issue at hand is far more complex, and finally insulting me.

Pretty much sums up this thread in a nutshell.

Oh, and then you blame ME for being hostile. Classic.

18. #18 TinTizzy, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    dude just chill if you can do a slurry test that will tell you the ph better than runoff but the majority of the time ive seen that it was from low ph and/or n tox...they dont look too dark but def have some excess n going on so its either that or low ph..and maybe the other just isnt showing signs yet but you def have some lockout going on or you wouldnt be here...I flush with molasses which will pull any excess nutes out while also giving it some calmag and boost your microbes to help break down nutes and balance the ph faster

• Like Like x 1
  19. #19 mmman, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014

It matters Track (have I seen you here before?) because it reveals the direction one needs to proceed.

• Like Like x 1
     Can't only reveals your ignorance of the basics.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.