so really whats next for the toilet paper?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by well highdrated, Dec 13, 2014.

1. this was a pretty hilarious read: 
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_paper

i barely got through the intro...

... so ... are we forever doomed as a species to wiping our asses with toilet paper? i'd much rather evolve to produce waste like plants as oxygen. otherwise, imo, evolution created a really shitty design. 

2. Things I wonder into while drunk... evolution dosnt work that fast man

It's a fairly new invention. My late parents used to talk about outhouses and Sears catalogs -- to read, then rip out pages to wipe with -- or corn cobs. Yikes, that sounds like it would hurt.

So it may take a few more generations to improve on toilet paper.

On a somewhat similar note: The violin was invented around 1500, give or take, and remains essentially unchanged today.

So I wouldn't get my hopes too high about toilet paper. :(

i think toilet paper has it a lot worse than violins... 
    wikipedia says that toilet paper has been around way before violins. and i think that violins did evolve... we have digital violins, apps that emulate violins and all other kinds of violin-like products...

but for toilet paper it's all the same 

Allow me to clarify:

I was referring to what was available to rural Americans early in the last century. I suppose city people probably had toilet paper before my parents did.

The acoustic, pure violin has remain pretty much unchanged since its invention several centuries ago.

the original is pretty much unchanged, but there are a lot of variations and modern versions of it.

anyway i just don't see what else can be done to make improvements to the toilet paper. material?
    hemp would be a good material.. i wonder if there is hemp toiler paper.  :bongin:

7. Scented TP, it makes your bum smell better.

From the wiki:

Not sure how they fashioned the hemp though.. One of my ex's dads once talked about the 'one square method'. I couldn't tell if he was only making it up or if he actually did it, but he said you poke a hole in the middle of a square and stick your finger through, then wipe with your finger and clean it off with the square and wash your finger. I mean, since it is an idea out there, someone probably did it..

I'm just waiting for the day when someone creates a robotic toilet seat where a soft, gentle hand cleans your asshole off..

9. when i was in india, i went native and used my left hand

it was great walking into a lower-end eatery and seeing all of the men with their left hands either up in the air or tucked behind their backs

10. Why not just improve on the budai or however its spelled like pressurized water to squat over and clean that way instead of wasteing money snf trees on tp

I suggested bidets in post #7, but I didn't know they needed improving.

oh god dude the first sentence I had to tap out already

giggling so hard

well, it's a different device altogether. tbh, i am not sure how i'd feel about using one.
    as a matter of fact i stayed in a hotel where they had one... and i didn't use it. (a friend of fine did throw some pickles in there and filled it up with water).

i don't mind a brand new device.. but i don't know what else to think of... water splashing on my ass.. yeah.. but then i don't know how "effective" it really is. you know?

14. I can respect that. What about a device that you could sit on like a seat and it shoots water at multiple angles with soap. And then a jet to blow hot air like they have for hands.

15. let's get Dyson on it ...

let's suggest warm air, tho

I've never used one, but I think you can get bidets that do that, maybe not the soap.

17. Your just having a crap parade on my ideas man.

lol... now that sounds like a good time

:hide: