Spooks in the City

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Informant, Dec 13, 2014.

1. #61 Informant, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014

That's totally fucked.  I rarely use wikipedia unless it's looking up someones bio or searching for source references to research from.

I had to edit a Wikipedia article that said Butch Cassidy (As in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid) was the inspiration for Oliver Twist, since he was the pseudo nephew of Charles Dickens.  Too bad Cassidy was born 20 years after the book was published.

.... MOTHER FUCKER - someone changed it back.  It's got to be government interference.  Always rewriting history.

2. The last I knew, anybody could edit Wiki articles. I have done it although it's been a few years.

-- HOWEVER --

The edit must pass the "discussion page" and whatever people or person wrote the original article. If they determine the edit is not accurate, they won't let it stand.

About ten years ago when Wiki was getting popular (and everybody was laughing because "anyone can edit it") I read an article showing the results of random Wiki articles vs. articles in the old established encyclopedias. None were totally accurate on every point (which is impossible) and Wiki was as accurate, overall, as any of the others.

Has this changed?

3. Nothing to see here folks move along .... I said move along.

4. Where the fuck is Thomas Jefferson when you need him.