Looking for a Community of Writers

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by YourDailyDose, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Hey Blades. I am a novice writer from the Midwest. I have no community for the work I produce and I really wish I had other writers to discuss my work with. I am an English major finishing my third year, so I do plenty of academic writing, but I am passionate about my informal writings. I do a lot of short stories and comic strips, often riddled with dark humor and serious concepts, as well as light weight stuff that is meant to just make readers giggle. I've been on GrassCity for a couple years as a reader now, but this is the first time I have made an account to post my own work/opinions. Watch out for posts from YourDailyDose if this interests you.
    So, my questions and reason for this post is: Is there anybody in the Artist's Corner with similar interests?

2. I have a history or writing short stories but have recently considered starting a novel. i just cant get the inspiration or ideas to start.

3. why don't you take creative writing classes?  I've taken a few.  they're alright.

there's certain websites where people post creative writing.  tumblr and I think medium.com