how often do people smoke weed their whole life and not make it an issue

Discussion in 'General' started by HeyHeyWhatCanIdo, Dec 12, 2014.

1. I've unwillingly gone to AA and it seems everyone is there for opiates and alcohol around here.  The alcoholics are usually older while the opiates users vary in age.  You get some coke addicts too, they vary in age.  But you never see anyone there for weed only.  Is it because weed really isn't that bad or because people move on to bigger things? 

What happens to the big time "weed addicts"...the people who are green only but smoke it all day everyday.  Does their life ever become too "unmanageable" that they need something like AA?  Or what.

2. I think most people smoke weed because they like weed. But a few people smoke weed just to get "fucked up." I believe those are usually the ones that will turn to other drugs. If your goal in using marijuana is to simply get fucked up, numb your brain, forget reality, etc... you'll probably get 'bored' of it eventually because it will become less and less mind-altering in that regard.

But if that's not why you use marijuana, I imagine you could enjoy it indefinitely. And even those that DO need to quit often can do so without much/any outside help, hence why there may be fewer people in counseling for marijuana abuse. 

3. They get money and fuck bitches

4. I think it's because the effects of marijuana aren't as detrimental as alcohol and harder drugs.

5. I have been in and out of 3 different 12 step programs in 10 years. My addiction to weed is stronger than my "higher power". My life is not unmanageable. I manage to wake and bake, then eat, then fap, then sleep and repeat all day long everyday. Oh yeah, I also manage to make stupid ass annoying posts on GC.

6. We live FOREVER!! :Bongin:

7. Pretty much spot on

[​IMG]

8. Seriously though, if this thread isn't a joke and op isn't trollin. Then weed will most likely not ruin your life, I am 22 and have smoked on the daily for like 4 years now and I am doin just fine. The main problem with regular smoking in my opinion is that it makes you ok with being bored which can be a motivation stifle.

9. This man. This.

Sent from my iPhone

I don't really understand what you mean by "smoke weed because they like weed". Even if we do like it, I'm sure most of us don't smoke/vape weed because of the flavor, but rather because of its effects on our body, so what is the distinction between that and smoking "to get fucked up"?

11. For me the difference lies in the fact that being high doesn't feel the same as being fucked up. Yes, I smoke for the effects on the body, but not to a point where I can't function at a normal level. I make the distinction based off an individual's reasons for smoking in the first place; some people smoke blunts at a time with the sole intent of getting fried while others smoke small amounts to clear their head and prepare themselves for the day. A couple hits of weed in the morning for me is like a cup of coffee to other people. I won't lie and say I don't like to get fried now and then, but I don't always like to get so high that I can't go about my daily business.

I understand what you are saying, thanks for the clarification :)

13. I smoke weed to get high. I like being high. Sometimes I smoke more but most of the time is two to three bowl so I feel it and then I do other shit, like play some pc games .

14. Hi

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. There are lots of doctors, lawyers, academics, physicist, etc who smoke weed.

But they keep it on the low where as the drop outs who center their life around weed are out in the open so they become the public face of weed consumers even though lots of very successful people enjoy it as well.

16. Naw man, they don't keep it on the low. Those classes are pretty damn stressful. I bet they just got money for serious dank.

17. I think the reason you don't hear about it is because us habitual potheads don't like to flaunt it like its something to be proud of. Like these dumbass kids you see on youtube, smoking a blunt while walking around Walmart.

Yeah, I smoke every day. I also go to work, drive my car, walk my dog, etc. Every day. Its just a normal thing. Nothing to boast about.

18. #18 RonaldBilius, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
    Haha everyday my house stinks up the block because of all the cannabis patients living in my house. Its hard to pin point the smell unless you are a delivery driver and we always get comments that our house smells dank as fuck.

19. Once. Any more often and they'd be smoking weed for more than their entire life and that would mean they're really stoned and its fucked up!

20. That's cool, I prefer a bit more discretion to my lifestyle though. I'm living with my girl, getting my masters degree and people at my job or clients aren't necessarily open to the thought of a dude who smokes a bunch a pot having a say in where their investments go. I gotta kind of look out for my interests here.

But at the same time, I'm trying to live a difficult life. My girl and I have been talking about starting a family when I'm graduated. I just couldn't live Ina house/lifestyle like yours, even though its 100% legal, its just not for me.

More power to ya though dude!