First grow Flowering starts in 3 weeks

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by technigrower, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Well it's that's time again fellas, here's my ladies week 4 of flowering. Still going strong, starting to fill themselves in. Smell is getting stronger, luckily I'm venting into the attic. Colas are bitching, might get some pretty nasty buds out of them. This week may start feeding them some beastie budz. We'll see how it goes. Enough jibber jabber, here's the ladies. :smokin: ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422682069.239986.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422682082.138664.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422682107.089424.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422682117.805454.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422682125.872076.jpg

3. Gave them their first feeding of beastie bloomz, we'll see how they're doing in a couple days. They're starting to thicken up nicely.

4. Couldn't wait a week before the next check in lol. Here's a few bitchin cola shots to hold me over. Lookin saweeet! Sorry the first shot is a little blurry. :smoking: ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423094102.150528.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423094114.289337.jpg

5. Wow. I couldn't figure how many plants were in the for a minute. Had to check back in with the first post haha.
    Good job brother! Can't wait to see what you can do with a 1000w :D
    And that last budshot is gorgeous

6. Thanks man, it's my first grow so it can only get better from here! Lol

7. I'm on my first grow too and I can only hope my babies turn out as beautiful as yours!! :)

8. I'm actually curious what my yield will be, I'm shooting for 2 ounces? With the size of my colas it seems possible. Idk, like I said it's my first grow so no experience in that area. Here's to hoping for the best! Haha :smoke:

9. Week 5 of flowering, still going strong. They're taking beastie bloomz every other day. I'll get a good flush in about 2-3 weeks then just water until chop. Stoked, can't wait. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423368135.499472.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423368150.648922.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423368160.999283.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423368178.082328.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423368192.082212.jpg

10. looking beast mate Agreed... dont flush until the latest want them buds as fat and dense as possible. .. 2 oz seems Easily achieve able bro keep up the good work xD

11. Seems like it's bit of a controversial issue, but what's your input. Do you snip yellowed fan leaves?

12. Ah good question! there's alot of different opinions and views in this..

I would suggest taking the lowest set of fan leaves at week 6, next set at week 7 etc...

and I would wait til week 8/9 do a 1week flush
    You have alot of colas - make sure you have fan always on my grow ended up with bud rot due to poor ventilation :)

13. Sorry it's been so long, everything's looking great. As far as fan leaves go this is what I reccomended. Remove the bottom 1/3 of your fan leaves or everything under the screen if you have a scrog 1 week before flowering. Then do the same again as soon as it's done stretching in flowering right before they start to bud. It's a small window usually a few days, if you miss the window it's better to not take anything off. Then one last time just a couple days before harvest take everything off the plant you possibly can to make trimming easier and stress her out the last few days. The reason the timing is so specific is because you want to avaoid stress as much as possible during the entire flowering cycle. When you trim right after the stretch it forces all of the plants energy into the top colas rather than making tiny popcorn buds at the bottom. For now leave it unless it's completely dead, to te point where if you give it a gentle pull it will fall right out. If it's half yellow you still have nutrients in that fan leaf your plant can use. Plus fan leaves are like solar panels, removing them means your plant will soak up less light making everything a tad bit smaller. Every little bit counts though eh.

14. No sweat bro! Thanks for the thorough response man. I've poked around a bunch on the forums, seems to be pretty controversial. Your method has some good thought behind it which works out for me because I haven't a clue haha. I'll have to give your method a kick next round as I've already trimmed a bit (which by your method seems to be a no no). This is all new to me but I pick up on things pretty quickly through research/trial and error. I'm sure eventually I'll adapt my own method as I'm sure most experienced growers do. But until then....your method it is! Thanks for stopping by bro!

15. Whelp guys, sorry for the late update. Last Friday would have been 6 weeks, so here they are at 6 weeks 4 days. Picture isn't that great but my phone died after only taking one picture. I'll take a few more tonight once they wake up.

Is that amount of yellowing fan leaves usual? All the green ones are beautiful so I don't think it's any kind of deficiency. Input? Cheers guys!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424211970.252290.jpg

16. Mop gave the answer:) Get some pics up of your separate plants - still got a couple weeks they already looking dank!

17. Haha thanks! I'll get some individual full plant pics when I do the final flush.

18. Little over 7 weeks now. I finally got a portable AC installed in the closet and ran it to the atmospheric controller which is set to 65 at night, 75 for the day. Works like a charm. It's crazy but it looks to me there's some purple showing up? When I had this strain I didn't see any purple. I've noticed more tricomes since I've been keeping it cool. They look close to done to me. I'll get a magnifying glass and check tricome color soon. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424751228.102565.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424751240.451990.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424751248.501836.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424751258.368422.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424751268.119695.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424751279.102389.jpg