tornado enails/wicks/bad burnt chemical taste?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by spincut, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Ok, while this appears to be a prolific subject, I cannot for the life of me get some solid answers.

I recently bought a globe, a brand called Vape-Ape, it came with a tornado e-nail (the side ways coil wrapped one). From day one the flavor/smell was pretty bad/chemicall-y. I called Vape-ape and they were happy to help, explained not many people called into complain but that they did get a few other people calling in, but made it seem like most people didn't notice this. I asked about the whicks (since I had heard about de-whicking stuff) but they insisted they were fine and it would in fact be a bad idea to remove them.

Still, they accomodated me by sending me their new enail (a double tornado, spiffy at least functionality wise) and that didn't ulltimately help much either. I tried de-whicking it after the fact, but the caked on oil only made the whick fall apart and leading me to kind of damage the coils :/ .

So, basically, is this whick material fiber glass that I've been burning and inhaling for months on end? I'm disconcerted to say the least. Makes me allergic to buying any e-nail stuff in the future (since my feeling is this is less vape-apes fault, aside from the misiformation about the whicks anyway, and more to do with enails in general?).

As an aside, up till this I have been using an Atmos RX for concentrates, which seems to have parts barely above g-pen quality, but holds the privilege of having no whicks in its heating chamber (just a coil at the bottom) leading to it not having this issue (I still wanted to expand my pen options though, hence buying that globe).

2. #2 CanadianOrganic, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
    Weird, why was there a wick in an enail? Aren't they usually used to place oils on to vaporize at low temperatures?

3. First of all what you are referring to is not an enail it's a vape pen with a global attachment.

What I suggest to you is that you don't buy vape pens.buy your self a rig...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I was so confused for the first 2 paragraphs until i realized you meant a globe lol

5. #5 spincut, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014

Ok, thank you for the clarification...but my issue is still not solved.

Firstly, I wanted a globe, this one came reccomended (I posted about it at the time and no one had any feedback on it, particularly negative). They call the coil attatchment an e-nail, so that's what I'm calling it, but whatever you'd like to call it, my issue remains the same.

I am not getting a rig either, I want a portable piece right now for concentrates, like I said I had an atmos but it's been developing some issues that are bothering me and I dont want to keep sinking money into parts for it.

ANY-way, while I may look into a vapexhale evo for a desktop rig for oil at some point, that has little to do with a portable. I'm guessing I liked the atmos because of it's lack of whicks. I am also resisting the urge to just get what multiple dealers of mine have done and just get a micro-g and expect it to fail for the price, but yeah, something smoother would be nice (aka an Atmos without as many of the quality issues).

Is the reason I'm getting the responses I get is that people just don't bother with anything that uses a whick? Or do they just pull it out before using it (I'm getting the impression trying to do it after any use is not a very workable practice)? How bad is it to burn concentrates on a whicked coil (the smell and flavor made it seem pretty bad, but I'm assuming only a few months of use isn't going to kill me).

6. #6 steadyglobbin, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
    i had an Atmos Jr and it was OK. It had a flat coil and really just burned the oil right on it and just kinda warmed up the rest of the oil. I have heard good things about Sway Vapes for their low temps. Also a good globe is the eazy-vape dual coil or another fully titanium one i cant remember the name of. They all wear out eventuatho.

7. Also u may have to season it like a nail idk tho thats just a thought

8. I can't help you with pens, pens suck.

And no what you are describing again is not an enail it's an atomizer.

An enail is a heat regulated coil that attaches(wraps around) to a Nail(TI/quartz/ceramic). They are used in place of a blow torch.

Two completely different things. Do basic research before asking and you might get better answers

And btw I answered your question completely, get a rig!

Small and portable is better when it comes to oil anyways.

9. Like I said, I own an Atmos, not a JR, I have the RX, but the concept is the same, at least they don't taste like fiberglass or whatever, but yeah they get gunked up rather easily...if I just had to replace the chambers every now and then that wouldnt be so bad, but I've had issues with the batteries, charger, and even the chambers themselves (my most recent one wont pull). If not for that the Atmos at least did what I wanted it to, but I wish I at least HAD options...which appears as if I dont really?

I guess I'm just surprised that there aren't more quality concentrate options, most things have something very screwed up with them :/ .

Mostly at this point I want to make sure I'm not going to die from the several months of fiber wick inhaling I did on my vape-apes double tornado coil (meaning there was TWO coil wrapped wick things, oy :p ) .

10. #10 spincut, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
    Telling me to do research is a bit silly as that's WHY I'm posting, and acting like you answered my question when you didn't, by telling me to do something I simply am not even looking to do, is not helpful. I am not looking into a rig, and I am not getting a rig, you can get a rig if you like, but saying "get a rig, there I solved your problem", on top of condescending suggestions about doing research just because I'm using the terms that the vendor used, isn't really helping.

Like you said from the get go, you can't help with this topic because you dont seem to actually know or care much about pens, it would seem, so making pushy but vague suggestions (unless "arig" is a brand and you have a specific model to recommend), hand wringing over terminology when you do know what I'm talking about, may just mean you're wasting yours and my time. I can seek more informative answers from others, but please bow out if you don't really have the info I'm seeking, or a more helpful way of relating it.

Dismissing the whole topic while making alternative but not very specific suggestions is just not super helpful, sorry.

11. if its not pulling you prob need to clean out the air inlets with and iso swap that has happened to me

12. I'm kind of over it with the Atmos, it's had enough quality issues for me at this point, and the pulling issue happened with the chamber brand new (thought it was the mouth piece being clogged at first, and just drove me nuts try to figure out why it wasn't pulling). At this point I dont know if I could get anywhere inside the air inlets with iso, or if that would even help (since the clog didn't happened post use), but yeah, I'm more looking to move on from that. That's actually why I got the globe, but yeah, due to being spoiled by the Atmo's system I was not even aware of the wick issue until I got it.

13. I said that I can't help with pens, your the one being an ass.

No you didn't do any research, there are plenty of threads just like this one, you could have gotten your answer with out even asking on here.

But no, you didn't do any research and it's apparent, the reason you didn't get any help is because you couldn't even take the time to look shit up so you could ask an actual fucking question and not a bunch of jibber jabber no one fucking understands.

I tried to help you by stating that it's not and enail, but you want to be a dick about it.

No one helps people that don't help themselves.

It's hard to answer something that doesn't make any fucking sense.

14. Lmao aint playin no games

15. #15 spincut, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
    No cure for rudeness, it would seem. Anyway, for those that can "make sense" of my question, I'm still open for responses, as the one pushy and unhelpful fellow wasn't really quite doing it for me. Although as I'm discovering, no one has quite yet made a pen for oil in the mid to high level quality (the Cera seemed alright, but overpriced and with flaws of it's own, same with the Omicron and many of the others that some may think of).

A 510 battery and a tank is something that has been suggested many times, but I have yet to see anything terribly convincing in that realm either, at least for the top/tank (most tanks are just too big, and I'm just not seeing a market well geared toward what I'm looking for, or at least no one has highlighted anything particularly good).

Again, think Atmos, given they don't use threads, but perhaps with better quality and design (It bears mentioning that Atmos did release a better version of the RX/Raw recently, but it really doesn't seem better, just more expensive and metal-y).

Nothing will really make me cool with going back to things wrapped around white threads, but it would still be nice to figure out if I was vaguely poisoning myself/inhaling fiberglass or not...

As for "yoadviceisweak", I've googled, and searched plenty of threads regarding threading, but really there werent alot of hard answers about the thread smell/issue and definitive conclusions, so yes I made a post, and hoped no assholes would respond with needless argument, I certainly didn't see YOU linking anything, beyond your pushy attitude. You were not helping AT ALL by nitpicking over semantics, just derailing the thread. Maybe check yourself before posting next time rather than wagging fingers, because if you're going to do that, you're freely welcome to just not bother, let someone nicer, more patient and more level headed respond in your place.

16. If you want someone to "do it for you" you should hire a hooker...

17. #17 spincut, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
    Nice to see you prove my point as to your original intentions. You know, It's ok to not continue to pretend that you're on here for productive purposes, or maybe I'm not the one who should be looking for therapy for being ineffective at things..
    \nI'm sure your "help" is required elsewhere, and maybe you'll get along better with kids in another thread, but in the mean time, I suggest you take your beleaguered comments elsewhere.