The Aerogarden - A tool to help end prohibition?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Green Wizard, Dec 11, 2014.

1. So I was out cyber shopping for christmas when I came across the aerogarden ultra led. A cute and sophisticated hydroponic unit that makes a great gift for anyone because of it's simple, well thought out design. It's a great introduction to hydroponics and the indoor gardening industry. Well, it got me thinking about prohibition and the reason why it failed with alcohol. Prohibition was impossible to enforce because anything that produces glucose can be fermented into alcohol. Folks just simply made their own brew. This little aerogarden unit is like a home distiller, allowing for the ease of growing indoors even by folks with a brown thumb. It's a liberatiing device that even if cannabis is not being grown, the door is still being opened for the indoor gardening industry and makes hydroponic gardening not just for that "other" herb.

So I encourage you to encourage others to start an indoor garden with this very approachable little device. There are several models to choice from to fit your budget.

I'm not in anyway affiliated with the Aerogarden, or Miracle-gro, but just have the opinion that it makes a great gift for the holidays.

2. I grew in one...too small really, but better than nothing...:)

3. no, you're onto something here. I don't think its really a primary factor in the failure of prohibition of alcohol (it wasn't a large percentage of the population that brewed, we still illegally imported shit-tons of booze and wiggled it around the country), but in this case its about reaching out to untapped markets. The ergonomic, aesthetically pleasing design of a manufactured hydroponic garden like you're speaking of, it could be a game changer... it could lead to many things

-if everyone could easily grow on a tiny scale, it could usher in a wave of new growers once they get a feel for it on small scale
    -it would encourage discussion, which can sometimes be the biggest game changer of all. 

4. Lol. Are you an aero garden sales rep? I mean they are a good product, but no way is small scale hydro going to revolutionize the way the average people consume pot and I can give you a couple major reasons I would not put too much into aero garden's stock right now. 1. Producing a good final product requires more than just a cheap easy hydro set up. It requires knowledge and patience. You can't just pick a nug off the plant and stick it in your pipe, and anyone willing to learn those aspects would realize better options exist. 2. They have been around for ages and are simply hydro flower pots. They are toys. They haven't changed a darn thing in the last 20years and won't in the next 20 either... especially as really good ready to smoke pot becomes more affordable and accessible.