Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

NEWBIE-To Grow or Not to Grow?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Catiwampus, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Hello! I am new to smoking marijuana, hell, last night was my first time getting high! But have always been a big advocate for legalization, my state is very,very strict! So my question, should I grow or buy? I was thinking of growing some Afghan Kush as I hear it is much easier and best for a beginner, i can get AK seeds for about 2$ per seed. I have grown plant's before (NOT MARIJUANA) so I think I have some experience. I find that buying product from someone is more dangerous and  really you don't know 100% what your getting. What are the pro/cons of either buying or growing yourself thanks! :wave:

2. #2 SlightlyStonedSD, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
    Growing is better but you are so new so IMO Buy for 6 months if you can and study everything on the internet and then you'll make better decisions on security, technique and how to spend your money.

3. Well it'd probably be smart if you don't want to be paying 20+ a gram. I like growweedeasy.com its probably one of the best guides. If you've had past experience with plants in general it shouldn't be too hard. Security is a big deal since you're in a strict state, I'd make sure to be quite about it.

4. If you're getting seeds for $2 each I don't understand why not do it lol even if you aren't successful you gained that knowledge for the next grow.

5. #5 Crackhead420, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
    Yeah don't just grow it cause you might decide you don't enjoy weed and then when the harvests ready youd be like wtf do I do with this, buy for a couple months first, most dealers are ok worst that will happen is youll get low quality or underweight bud, dealers don't really tend to lace weed although I have seen it happen a few times

6. I always recommend growing over buying. If you do it though please follow this guys advice. I read for about a year before I did ANYTHING at all. Also if you need help with being more "anonymous" on this forum due to your states law, shoot me a message brother. Or heck maybe I will start a thread. XD I am new here as well.

7. Try your first grow and try to mess around with or soil and lighting time hours or grow multiple at one time but experiment differently with each individual plant.

8. It is so much better to buy. The charges of getting caught buying a bag are lesser than what youd be charged with if you have a plant. Possession of more than an ounce is a felony, and you also may get intention to sell. Because of the quantity. ONELOVE

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. #9 Mid man, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
    cultivation alone is a felony plus having over a ounce is a felony, that's 2 felonies. And if he has freshly cut down buds you bet your ass they are going to weigh the whole thing (all that water weight  can easily weigh up to over 10 lbs) which could be a possible trafficking charge.. 

There are also a slew of other BS charges you can be hit with like involving a minor (if you have kids), use of a communications facility, having a knife while a crime is being committed (yea very vague) or having a weapon where marijuana is being grown, being within 1,000 feet of a school, housing project, or park, and various other things which are also all felonies.

In a illegal state you could very well spent 30 years in prison for growing (not growing alone, but other charges they are associated) 

These are the things that you must consider which is why I hate it when people say "just grow your own" ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE IN A ILLEGAL STATE, though with proper precautions your odds of getting caught are very low. But to me, it's not worth the risk 

10. Idk I'm from cali and with a medical recommendation were allowed to have Up to 4 plants for personal use