CO2, when and method, am I right?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by 1stsfdoc, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Okay, I am considering adding CO 2 to my grow, at a little over 2nd week veg. I have the regulator and tank and when to confirm that I am doing it right:

I am growing in a 4x8 tent, no outtake vent, I 4" Intake vent with filtered fan and a 16" osculating fan. I am on a 20/4 light schedule and the Intake fan runs during lights on only, during the four hours dark I induce the CO2 @1,500 ppm into the sealed tent ?

Does this sound right?

1stsfdoc
    Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. i dont run c02 but in veg seems like a waste.

3. Hoping for more of a answer, are there members using CO2? If so when, how and what kind of schedule?

1stsfdoc

4. how much wattage are you using? more often than not co2 isn;t needed at all and the benefits don't help much early in vege time. I spent about 500 bucks on a nice setup, with a timed  solenoid and all, but in the end, it didn't make a big enough difference, in my opinion, proper airflow and soil health are way more important things to concentrate on.
    Remember one thing, in order to use the co2 it needs to be sealed, and in order for the co2 to be beneficial you need a asston of lumens, which in turn equals high grow temps...
    I used mine for about 4-6 grows (can't remember exactly how many)
    I stopped, wasn't worth the extra money and effort.

5. So far I have both a eight bulb T5 and a 1200w led in the room, things are good, almost too good in one case, but I am trying to achieve best possible results. I figured supplemental CO2 would be a good thing in all cases, and to run during lights out in a sealed grow tent would help? maybe not? Pictures below.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418451078.146977.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418451102.989994.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418451126.129099.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418451140.073671.jpg

1stsfdoc

6. How do you plan on measuring your 1500 PPMs of CO2?

7. #9 Rumpleforeskin, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    A few things: You don't ever add CO2 enrichment when the lights are off. You have no outlet/out-take to your ventilation system? No solenoid to control your CO2 on/off?

You CO2 needs to be off when the light shut off. You have to have a way to cool a sealed room. You need to maintain the correct level of enrichment via a CO2 controller.

You are way better off correcting your ventilation system, than attempting a low budget CO2 enrichment system. I run enrichment in my grow room, and found the only way to sustain this advantage is to spend the cash on the correct equipment and seal the room.

I'm sure you will try anyway, but a year from now you will not be using it or would have upgraded to the correct stuff/setup.

Save the time and money.

8. Haha funny

1stsfdoc

9. Hey Rump, ok 1st off, if I had all the answers, I doubt I would be asking questions..."question was asked, how do I plan to measure the CO2 in the tent." I figured the above would be capable of giving me a accurate reading. As far as ventilation I have 4" inline intake feeding off a hepa filter outside the tent, and a 8" carbon scrubber with fan for out-take, I also am running a 16" oscillating fan, I have a regulator and 20 lbs tank. Just a guy trying to do as good as I can on a first indoor grow.

1stsfdoc

You will have to run a sealed system to get the most of the c02

11. #13 Rumpleforeskin, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014

Sounded like you had not outtake to me. Must be how I read your first post (read your quote from above).

As soon as your ventilation system turns on, all your enrichment will be sucked out. You have to maintain above 1200 PPMs the whole time the light is on. anything less will show no gains.

What will turn off the CO2 when your light goes off?

I understand you want to do the best you can with what you have. What I am trying to say, is that you are not ready for CO2 enrichment. You need to find a way to not pull air out of your grow room and still maintain proper temps (built in AC). After you have done that, you need to spend another thousand dollars on the proper equipment. Anything less will just waste time and effort.

The advice may sound harsh or not much fun at all, but it is correct.

Peace, R.

12. Cool, I meant to say not on, not that I didn't have one. I understand that I would want to have out take venting off during that time(CO2 on), right now heat is not a problem, running heaters to keep proper temp. Am I wrong to assume that If I had lights and Co2 regulators on the same timer and out take fan on another timer to run during lights out, and I understand this is next level stuff, equipment isn't a issue. Maybe you could recommend a site, or maybe book that can point the way...growing has come a long way in 30 years, but always had a way with this stuff in yesteryear, haha. Thanks for any advice, past and future. And just so you know this is all just for fun, if I don't make some mistakes it would be a shocker. Thanks again. :smoke:

1stsfdoc