Getting a toro

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by shattermatter00, Dec 10, 2014.

1. First of all its my money I can do whatever I want with it so idgaf if you think it's a waste.

I'm getting a toro in a few months and I would just like to know some info about them like what perc is good for what etc and how they feel and vary from each other.

I'm looking into an isf, froth, hex, or a tree. Depending on what my lhs has when I go in, but he usually carries a very large selection. It will only be used for oil and I want good diffusion so it stacks and looks nice. Not worried about how it smokes..its a toro haha. So yeah any info on what each perc is like would help so I'm not just picking the one that I think looks best

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I wanted a Toro so bad when I got my first rig. No where had them and I could only find used ones selling at full retail. Maybe this years tax return will nab one. Personally I would go with either the Froth or a double macro. You want minimal diffusion in a small chamber for best flavor.

What ever you end up nabbing post some pics once you got it.

3. Yeah I'll be getting it on my birthday late January if I can wait that long. I'm really feeling froth or isf.

4. Toro's are awesome good choice not a waste at all.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

5. Froths are good for oil, imo. Just make sure you get a smaller sized piece, gives more flavor.

6. Have you had any experience with a froth or isf? I'd like to know the main differences besides that the isf is the internal stemless version of a froth. Isf Doesn't seem to stack as well.

7. I haven't used an isf, I'll have to ask my circle if someone will lend it.

8. #8 Dr.Fumbles, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
    The isf stacks so much more than the froth. But I will say I liked my froth more that I liked the isf when it comes to oil. And no one is going to tell you its a waste of money, you can get a froth for like 400 its not that much money to spend on a rig. I have also hit almost every style of toro and double chamber toro's that are out there so if you have any questions let me know. All I havent hit is a jp perc, tripline and contrax(if thats how you spell it)

9. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the isf or froth. Not sure between the smaller ones (macro?) and the bigger micros. I like the long neck but they may be too big I've never held one. Other than that it just comes to color.

10. Its not a Toro but i have a circ to circ mini that all of my friends love, it hits better than my friends hex to hex, which is supposed to be the best for oil. If you can find a micro circ to circ i'm sure you'll love it, why isn't it on your list? I'd have it on the top with a hex. And then it really depends on what kind of hit you want, all of the pieces you mentioned have a real different feel to them. I've used a hex to hex, 7 to 13 and a froth, personally i like the hex to hex. It has some restriction that i like for oil versus the froths airyness or the trees subtle chug.

I get that all Toros hit awesome, but dont go based off of what you or others think looks best, it matters how it smokes quite a bit actually, or else your just buying it as a status symbol... 

11. What is the best Toro for oil that you have hit? How is a double Macro?

12. My favorites so far have been the 7 arm, isf to 13micro(super smooth but a little large) and the mac 8's. The double macros are awesome for oil as well

13. I'm really liking just a single froth. Is there a reason I don't see many with male joints? Is it more of a flower piece? And I'm sure I only want one perc. Not a fan of trees and I heard the hex isn't as good for oil as froth or isf. I think the froth stacks nicer than the isf which is why it's my number one pick right now.