Losing my god damn mind you guys

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by juanmoretime, Dec 10, 2014.

1. we are just like one giant ant farm with aliens out there watching us.

2. Isn't the beauty then in choosing what you do? How you do? And what you bring to your doing?

3. To the last question: "We are all just bricks in the wall". Everyone, whether a brilliant scientist or a mass murder, fits into the puzzle in furthering our progress as a species and society.

~Fev123 GC Forums

4. Because its neverending. The universe you describe is wonderous and eternal. And whats the alternative? That one day this wonderous universe will one day be an endless lifeless void? That would suck and even be illogical. Your universal theory works for you so embrace it. Ive believed it for years and think its beautiful.

5. "What would be the point of a universe that expands and contracts?"

I don't necessarily believe there is a "point" to the universe (multiverse). It simply is; it needs no reason to exist.

"Why wasn't there nothing at all instead of our universe?"

If we observe "nothing," then we realize that there is something there in the nothingness. "Nothing" can be described as a quantum vacuum, but even that vacuum is filled with spacetime, which has curvature and structure, and follows the laws of quantum physics. So, "nothing" is actually filled with potential particles, and pairs of virtual matter and antimatter units are continually created and destroyed in the nothingness. It would seem that there is no such thing as "nothing" in the quantum world.

"Is there such a thing as a beginning and an end?"

I don't think a beginning is possible. According to one model espoused by Steven Hawking, if we could travel backward in time toward the beginning of the Universe, we would note that quite near what might have otherwise been the beginning, time gives way to space such that at first there is only space and no time. Beginnings are entities that have to do with time; because time did not exist before the Big Bang, the concept of a beginning of the Universe is meaningless. It's like trying to divide by zero.

I don't think there can be an end to the Universe, either. I guess the singularity could be seen as both the beginning and the end of the universe *as we know it*, but it still persists.

Great questions/thoughts. Definitely got me thinking!

6. Theres other life out there, any ETs that come to earth in the next 5k years, would have seen earth in the cretaceous period from far away. theres probably billions of planets out there that have conditions suited for life, but it mindfucks me to think, what if there isnt, like how can life just simply start on a planet like it did on earth. from nothing. then again theres so much of a probability there Is life due to the amount

7. We're here for the same reason why plants or any other animal is here. Plants create oxygen, animals create food chains. We're here to create just like everything else. If there is a "God" or some force larger than the entire universe, love and creativity are it's passion. Why do you think the patriarchal status of our society has significantly plummeted? Because people are realizing we need a balance. That art and meditation is just as important as labor and finance. Yin yang people. Our ancient ancestors knew about all of this stuff thousands of years ago. But 'they' don't want you to know about it. They want you to be a pleasure seeking meat sack that's only good for consuming. We'll get through it.
    *they* being the powers that B

8. Should we talk about trendy television shows?

9. I believe that the attempt to know why we are here is a psychological defense against the knowledge that everything is temporary and that we are all going to die. We just want to try somehow to make ourselves believe that won't really happen. Life is a journey. If you spend all of your journey agonizing over the fact that it will be over someday, you can't enjoy the journey. Live for the sake of living, not for a futile attempt to avoid what is unavoidable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk