Lowryder #2 - 250 Watt HPS - 68 Watt CFL

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Karma Fiend, Dec 10, 2014.

1. #1 Karma Fiend, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    Sup yall this is my first post here and first grow.

I got 2 Lowryders under a 250 watt hps.  I added that 68 watt cfl in there too for some extra light on the sides.  I used MG soil :( it's all I could get at the time, I'll plan better next grow.  Lots of perlite.  I have a water distiller because the tap water is kinda grimey here, so im feeding them distilled water.

The seeds germed on 11/25 so this is the 2 week mark.

Here's 2 pix from yesterday:

View attachment 149576

View attachment 149577

And 2 from today, with the lights on:

View attachment 149578

View attachment 149579

Wish me luck!

2. You would have been better off using dirt out of the ground closest to you than MG...

be careful.

3. #3 Karma Fiend, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
  4. day 18 now, they starting to flower:

theres a little spec of dirt on the node that the fan must have blown up there, that's what the brown spot is

View attachment 149617

5. and now the girl on the left, she gettin crazy bushy! i cant even see the stem anymore:

View attachment 149649
    View attachment 149647
    View attachment 149646
    View attachment 149645

any comments? i guess yall dont like lowryder.  this is my first grow and its a learning experience. i know i fuked up with miracle grow seedling soil, but i'll know better next time.  i did go 50/50 with perlite though, so maybe that make the soil a little less hot? plus this is lowryder that has ruderalis genes in it, so its tough.  maybe miracle grow aint all that bad for this type of grow.

i'd love to hear some feedback from the experienced growers here though, im anxious to learn! :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

6. #10 Karma Fiend, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
  7. i started off with miracle grow seedling mix, which i think had 3-3-3 nutes in it, and mixed it with 50% perlite which had 7-7-7 nutes in it. i know miracle grow is discouraged because of the nutes it has in it already, but i jumped the gun and started without doing enough research. i decided obviously not to give up.

so i didn't give them any additional nutes for the first 3 weeks. just distilled water.  they showed sex at day 16-17, and by day 22-23 the flowers were starting to bloom, but the plant was very droopy (needed water). i noticed the fan leaves yellowing which i think meant that the nitrogen was running out in the soil. this was fine though since were flowering and dont need as much nitrogen.  so i watered the droopy plants and added some orchid bloom nutes (11-35-15).  i figured that would give them a little nitrogen to at least not be deficient, while giving a strong boost of phosphorus, and a healthy dose of potassium.  the plants responded very well to this and i've fed them twice over the last 7-8 days in total. they really look to be thriving now.

i'm going to just continue what i'm doing for a couple weeks, at which point i should think about flushing before harvest. today is day 30 from germination.

i'll keep yall updated if anybody's reading this

merry christmas :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

8. Looks good man

9. #17 Karma Fiend, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. lol, so theres an interesting development. i looked closely from underneath the canopy, and saw this:

View attachment 150631

correct me if i'm wrong, my plants are hermaphrodites, and these are seeds?

i guess that miracle grow really fukd em up good huh? :p i should also mention that my lighting schedule has been inconsistent, sometimes i leave em on 24/0 for a few days, sometimes i get them 18/6, sometimes i oversleep on the weekends and they get 12 hours of darkness. so im guessing this hermaphrodism is the result of this. i didn't realize irregular light schedules would cause this, since the plants are feminized autos. again, im learning a lot here.

i'm totally fine with this, as i will get some mids to smoke, and now i got a ton of free lowryder seeds to use to grow more.

this grow has been quite a learning experience.  i'm in the process of building a legit stealth grow cab, light sealed with ventilation, temperture controlled, and getting better soil so this next grow will be the real deal.

all in all, this has been fun and im looking forward to harvesting these in a couple weeks.

11. At least you're learning!