Feels like losing weight right after workout

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by MistyKitten, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Hi all,

I'm wondering if this is just me, or if anyone else feels the same way sometimes. I'm a beginner gym-goer, so I have silly questions :)

Today I did a 30 minute BODYSHRED class at my gym, where I burned around 600 calories. It's a mixture of strength and cardio.

By the time I walked home, I honestly feel like I've already lost weight. I know it doesn't happen that quickly, but does anyone else ever feel this way after an intense workout? I feel lighter, and looking at my stomach, arms and thighs I swear they look smaller. 

I may take photos next time of before/after exercise. It's strange, but hey as long as I'm losing weight, that's good for me lol 

2. Your body has adapted to the workout making you stronger. This makes you feel lighter. Its an.illusion

-yuri

3. Haha awesome, thanks. I figured it was just an illusion. I know scientifically speaking there is no way I'd lose weight this quickly. Feels great though! Love going to the gym, and can't wait to go back. 

4. you can lose weight really quickly, but it is not sustainable, and you will eventually gain back weight, but you won't go back to the original weight when you started to try to lose it. eventually you should lose weight at a more normal pace. 

5. do you sweat?

if so you've lost water weight. that's not necessarily a good thing. dehydration is evil.
    so drink more water.

(it's not unusual for me to lose 3-4 lbs of water weight after training. but that's two hours of pretty hard training.)

but it's not about that really... if you feel better, then that's exactly what you should be focused on. how you feel each day, better, lighter more energetic. 
    make sure to fuel your body right and you'll notice how fast you can make changes to the way you look and feel.