Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help smoking dabs.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Friedbiscuit123, Dec 9, 2014.

1. I usually just smoke my dabs out of my dab pen. That does not seem to be working at the moment, so I need a new way to smoke dabs.

Please, does anyone know how to make some sort of homemade pipe, or just some way that I can smoke my dabs!

2. ...Purchase an oil rig? Put them on a bowl of herb?

3. Rigs arent as expensive as people say. I dont care if people here claim theres no way its quality, but i got one at an arab mini mart for $20 that works perfect.. then got a nice nail for $30 at a headshop.. and my dad had a torch laying around in the basement. I have an awesome rig setup now

4. google knife hits

5. I would not Google knife hits. 

Just buy a rig...

Dabs are shit to me if it isn't out of a rig. I have a vape pen and a rig. The vape pen makes it last a little longer and is better for groups but dabs will always be the best.

And you don't smoke dabs, you vaporize it, which gives me a different high, sometimes good sometimes bad. I prefer indicas since I mostly smoke at night.

Just wait and buy a rig. You'll get so much higher and won't waste a bunch of wax doing knife hits.

6. Yeah wait days or weeks to buy an expensive rig, all the while the wax is drying out and getting shitty....]

Or risk losing some smoke and do knife hit the right way. You'll still get blitzed.

7. hot knives don't work well with wax/oil as it liquefies during vaporization. Not saying it isn't possible, but not ideal. As mentioned, there are usually very affordable rigs available through some head shops, or the occasional variety store or gas station. However if you almost exclusively dab, you should invest in a rig almost regardless, as the pens do not perform as well. 

8. I agree with as above so below.
    If you have to use the wax now I would google hot knifes.
    If you can wait its best to get a rig I think wax is a waste if you don't have a rig IMO.
    I remember when me and friends bought a gram of wax for 50$. Probably the dumbest decision topping waxs on bowls is not the same as a rig..

9. Hash oil has been getting really popular in my area,you can buy little oil rigs at gas stations and convienence stores for $20-30

Spoon hits with oil.  Just don't get your spoon too hot.

Before I got my rig I was heating up a spoon, dabbing a little on and pulling it through a wood chillum I made.   Worked fine, but I got the spoon too hot a couple times and it left a nasty taste in my mouth.

get a rig though man, so worth it.  $20 can get you one, did for me.

I don't want to start anything, but dabbing from a rig is not vaporizing.  The texture of the smoke should clearly demonstrate this.

12. #12 loopster, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
    I am curious I've never heard this before as that's exactly what vaporizing is with a few subtle differences such as a torch or e nail( which should give you almost perfect vape). I think when people use a torch they heat the nail up to much and in a sense burn the BHO not vape it? If that's almost what you meant

Here's some more peeps who talked about it

http://forum.grasscity.com/vaporizers/1250610-oil-rigvaporizing.html

....yeah, that's what I meant.   What are you trying to say?

What I meant was vaporization was a huge over generalization.  While you totally can vape off a nail, you have to be precise about the temperature.  And 99% of stoners are not going to be precise, they are going to heat that nail up till it glows a bit, then dab away.  At those temp's it's combustion not vaporization.

You have no idea what you're talking about. 

Please do a search and educate yourself on what vaporizing is.

You are clearly wrong.

15. #15 SkunkWoodz, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014

Ok, so I've researched, read, looked up, and googled.  And I'm still right.  Please show me how you vaporize.  Or just continue believing you're vaping all the time whilst blowing out clouds of SMOKE. 

Edit- So you're telling me you don't get temps over these?  And you know this for sure?

What exactly are the essential oils that we are extracting from the cannabis plant, and what are their properties?
    Here is a nifty list that I scored off ICMag, posted by Spurr, who used  his information source:
    -9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
     Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic
    cannabidiol (CBD)
     Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic
    Cannabinol (CBN) 
    Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic
    cannabichromene (CBC) 
    Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal
    cannabigerol (CBG) 
    Boiling point: MP52 Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal
    ?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC) 
    Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Resembles ?-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic
    tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) 
    Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant
    Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties
    ß-myrcene Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic
    ß-caryophyllene Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial
    d-limonene Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic
    linalool Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator
    pulegone Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic
    1,8-cineole (eucalyptol) Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive
    a-pinene Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor
    a-terpineol Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial
    terpineol-4-ol Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic
    p-cymene Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor
    Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties
    apigenin Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic
    quercetin Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic
    cannflavin A Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor
    ß-sitosterol Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-a-reductase, inhibitor

16. Take a pin a piece of cardboard and put the pin through the cardboard then put the dab on it then light it then put the glass over the top wait for it to fill with smoke. And lift the glass and breath it all in.

17. #17 HiRoller26, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
    you cannot smoke dabs lol you can smoke hash, oils, wax, Shadder but not dabs. the name dabs comes from the action of dabbing the hash/oils/wax/shatter on a hot nail

Canada !

18. #18 Markc05, Dec 12, 2014
    That is a very confusing statement. You can get a ceramic, quartz, titanium or borosilicate glass nails to do dabs. I have never used hash on a nail, but a lot shadder and bho. I think you need to clarify.  

19. #19 CanadianOrganic, Dec 12, 2014
    You're able to dab some with ice water hash. It's only the heads that you are able to without fucking up your nail but it's possible. My one buddy is obsessed with the stuff haha

20. Every time I've made ice hash, I just do bong rips until I can't see. Next time I will have to try that.