My First Grow (CFL, Soil, Closet Space[D.I.Y.])

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TaylorUK, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Here's my first grow, novice set-up but looks good so far. Into first week of flowering. Would like to know your opinion/expertise.

Attached Files:

2. Hmm leafy, make sure the light can reach the bottom too

3. yeah i have a confined space to work in, ive tied up segments of the plant so that light can reach the bottom, will post more as it develops. any suggestions?

4. thats a real nice plant you have there i hope she turns out to be a female or you will kick yourself how long have you been growing her ? under what light ?

5. Ive been gowing it since about the 20th of October, Its a femanised seed so no biggy with that one. and due to limited budget i started out with just 1 household 24w 6400k cfl, and added another a few weeks in. (low wattage to what people reccomended but it worked). now ive invested in a 300w 2700k cfl and thats what it lives under now.

6. What size pot is it in? It looks like it should be transplanted

7. The more light the better. you can always prune the leaves a bit to get more light. Not going to matter do to the fack that your buds will be more towards the top.

8. not sure in terms of gallons, but its 33cm squared

9. how much is safe to trim back? wouldnt want to over do it

10. There are a few videos that you can watch online to give you an idea. and to see if that something you would want to do.  i like to top my plants. then again i have big guys. keep in mind everyone grows differently. thats that best part about plant life! :) 

11. Hey dude!  I'm definitely not an expert, but your plant looks healthy and green!  Nice job with it.  Do you have enough room on top?  If its your first week of flowering, then it's probably gonna get even bigger!  I'll definitely stick around here to see how things turn out!

Peace!

12. yeah it's got more vertical room to grow, will post some pictures soon once they've flowered more :) appreciate the support.

13. Some new pictures of my grow, will trim the lower section as advised aswel.

Attached Files:

14. I wouldn't trim any leaves, the leaves are a source of nitro, fan leaves are like solar panels, they catch the light and feed the plant, I know this is not a winnable argument, I've heard both sides, trimming and not trimming and I'm one the side of keeping the leaves, growth slows when you cut leaves and that;s enough for me. I wouldn't be afraid to add some more cfls to supplement the middle and lower part as long as temps allow, the 300 watt cfl purchase was the right move.  good luck 

15. yeah I've heard both sides to trimming leaves, I've removed just a few from the very bottom but am leaving the rest for the remainder of the grow. Luckily I've still got vertical space as they are stretching and quickly! Ha. Will maybe look into getting a call for the middle of the plant.. Thanks :)

16. Update:

Attached Files:

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418813720.452940.jpg
    If your floweribg with CFLs you wanna do some lst to use every watt of the lamp efficiently.
    Like that plant in the picture, it was a northern lights autoflower under 126watts of cfl's and yeilded 65grams dry.

Grown straight up like you have done won't pull as much unless you have sufficient side lighting.

Also remember to keep cfls about 2-3 inches from the plant, any further away and cfls start to become very inefficient

Chef.

18. I would find out where the light penetration stops and lollipop everything below it since it won't produce anything apart from fluffy popcorn buds.

Chef.