My first grow journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by whitelump, Dec 9, 2014.

1. the only reason I see to foliar is if you have a deficiency so bad it needs immediate correction. also some organic farmers foliar feed teas to help with leaf health and pest control but in your situation I just don't see the benefit. My experience with auto's is that they are not going to require a heavy feed schedule.

• Like Like x 1
  2. yes and the dirt did say no nutrients needed for a month so I guess I'll hold off a bit longer for bloom nutes then I did rinse them off good after the foliar spray

3. I forgot to say I already have a pH and TDs meter from my hydro set up do they need to be a different kind for soil? And what am I supposed to do with them? I know how to check the water but not the dirt

4. Should I cut any of them off?

5. no you can use the same meters. you want to check the nute concentration and ph of the feed water as opposed to a hydro res.

6. OK what should they be at?

7. #347 mop420head, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  8. No don't cut em off just leave em

Grassachusetts!

9. #349 whitelump, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
    I decided to flush my plants tonight but I only got one done since I ran out of water I'm gonna try and do the others tomorrow night but I only have about an hour and a half from the time I get home till my lights go out... I also added a tablespoon of molasses to the last gallon then rinsed it off the leaves so well see how this goes... Also I tied up the biggest plant some more oh and I tested the pH of the runoff water and it was 5.8... I just left it though cause I wasn't sure what to do... And of course I dumped the water before checking ppms damn...my tap water is a seven something so I figured that would be ok

10. I just gave my babies a bath and put them to bed they all got 4 gal of water and the last gal had a tbs of molasses in it the biggest plant looked fine besides for like one leaf so I gave that one 2 gal of water n one gal of water with molasses in it ... I also put the ww directly under the hps still no sign of bb I guess I killed it :( oh well I'll start another here soon I'll take pics tomorrow when I have more time now its bedtime for me

11. your tap water is over 700 ppm?

also why have your lights one when you're not home? I work from home but I run my lights at night and off during the day to offset the heat that is produced during the day in the summer. Also when I did go to the office daily, I would constantly be concerned about having a mini sun burning in my house while I was over an hour away.

12. No my tap waters ppms are like 60 and my lights are on then because when I first started I didn't think it made a difference but next time I'll switch it that does make sense specially in the summer but for now my house is pretty cold other than the grow room it pretty much heats the whole house

13. OK here's the plants in order big buds, ice white widow baby jock big jock and 2 northern lights

Attached Files:

14. Just put a new bb seed in distilled water to germ ...waiting for it to sink?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. I just go right into rapid rooters.usually 2-3 days to see life. sometimes longer on older beans. From those you can transplant to either hydro or soil. Broke off too many fragile taps roots screwing around with paper towels and soaking methods.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Are those like rockwool? Where do u get them?

17. sort of like rockwool but without the fiberglass. rockwool particles are some nasty shit to be breathing in. Any hydro store would have RR's. Where do you normally shop for supplies?

• Like Like x 1
  18. I've been neglecting gc. Been crazy around here Sry. Miss, anywYs from the looks of it you got a green thumb! Ur gonna have bud before u know it.

Grassachusetts!

• Like Like x 1
  19. I pretty much got everything on eBay I'll check there thank you