My first grow journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by whitelump, Dec 9, 2014.

1. So this is what I am doing any oppinions are appreciated

2 northern lights and 2 jock horror feminized auto flower seeds from nirvana
    Deep water culture 5 gallon bubble buckets
    general hydroponics flora series nutes along with Humboldt's secret golden tree complete additive replacement
    5ft by 5ft by 8ft tall grow box homemade lined in mylar
    filtered well water with a pur filter
    a 50 liter per minute air pump attached to a spider ( instead of an air stone)
    Germinated in a propagator pro also from nirvana using distilled pH water without the bacto

Lighting:

I kept them under 4 100watt 6500kelvin CFLs for the first 8 days of their lives until I put them into their bubble buckets with 5 inch net pots now they are under a 300watt mars hydro full spectrum led light I also have but not turned on a 150 high pressure sodium and 7 total t5 4 ft fluorescents: (2 grow bulbs 2 bloom bulbs 1super veg 1 10000kelvin and 1 uva light) which I really Dont know when to introduce any of them and today
    My temperatures have been between 75 to 80 degrees but about 29% or so humidity I'm lowering the temps but they were higher for germination ( I killed a northern lights so I started another in rockwool on Dec 5th which was 3 days ago its about to come out the top if the rockwool!!! Well its maybe not dead yet its still in the propagator it took a lot longer for it to come up then it fell out of the spongepot it was in so I tried to stick the taproot back in but half the shell is still on and the other half is brownish but it looks like its starting to perk up so I'll hang on to it a little longer) so well see
    Im also getting my husband to cut in duct work and I'm adding an activated carbon filter does anyone know of a good one that's not a lot of money that's 16inches by 16 inches??

Let me know if I forgot something let me see if I can figure out how to add pics

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 brixfix, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
  3. Thank you!! I will get one

So I just got home after 8hrs of working well more like 9 he's and my little seed in the rockwool looks like it may have been burnt by the light? It has a long stem all twisted up in the hole but the stem part right under the cotyledons is all brown is it OK? Will it turn hermaphrodite cause of the stress?

4. This is it kinda hard to see

Attached Files:

5. I ordered that filter thank u so much for the recommendation :)

6. #8 brixfix, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    I was just showing you what we are talking about. That's why I said we are talking about thinks "LIKE" these, key word being like and where did i give a recommendation, all I said is fans and filters like these are what we use. There's that "like" word again That filter won't work without the inline fan. I use a phresh brand filter for my main but have those as back ups, but you will need a fan and filter that's the right size for your grow. There's 4", 6", 8" all with different cfm ratings. You have to do some of the leg work yourself, I have no idea of the exact sizes you need. Dude you cant just expect everyone to hold your hand. Hope you didn't just waste your money. You need to know square footage and be able to turn that volume of air over 3-5 times a minute..... I have no idea of your square footage. You were talking about filters that were 16" x16" so I knew you didn't quite understand because what we refer to are not square

7. Yes I researched all that it should exchange it 5x per min my husband has an exhaust fan and ducting etc. And he was trying to make a filter but then I decided on the one from htg supply my square footage is 180 maybe a little less cuz the mylar is all flappy cause my walls are made of plastic and its all taped I will work on getting it tighter when I have time thank you everyone for your help

8. Dec 9th this is the northern lights seedling that is a week behind the other 3 it was curling around in the rockwool so I helped it out the stem is curled

Attached Files:

9. Dec 12 Here are the older ones 2 jock horror 1 northern lights all are feminized autos this is showing the curl and the yellowing and the brown edges... Some people said I need to give cal mag some said Dont if I my base nutes contain cal mag which they do but I haven't given any yet ... Some said the light was too close and they are burnt so I raised the light to 30 inches then the light seller on the lighting thread said the lights r too far at 30 inches and the curl and yellow is not from the lights its gotta be pH but my pH has been a steady 5.5 to 6.2 is as high as its gotten... my humidity was low around 28 percent but I got it up to 40 percent thanks to someone telling me to add a pan of water

Attached Files:

10. Dec 15 jock horror and northern lights

Attached Files:

11. Dec 19th here is the northern lights that's a week behind in the rock wool the other northern lights then the 2 jock horror

Attached Files:

12. I haven't watered the spongepots since their roots are out the bottom of the net pots and the spongepots are very dry... Should I be keeping them moist?

13. Here's the roots nl then jh and last 2 are the other jh

Attached Files:

14. Bubbles!! My pump gives 50 gal per minute so each 5 gal bucket gets roughly 12 gal of air per minute is this sufficient

Attached Files:

15. Found yA subed in.

Grassachusetts!

16. White lump it's crucial that your ph is on point and put light 12-18 inches away don't worry if there at twelve away u should have a fan breeze between top of plant and light anyways. Closer the better lite spec you'll get

Grassachusetts!

17. #19 whitelump, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    Glad u found me I couldn't figure it out I'm so bad w technology so is 5.5 and 6.5 right for autos? And u Dont think the light caused the problem?
    my lights are at 30 inches now I guess I'll move it back to 18 thank u :) I get all excited when I c I have a message Lol

18. U want that ph regardless at that if phenos or autos in hydro. I run a 600w babeemath of metal halide then hps after month disregard that my point is that led Mars shouldn't get hotter than my metal halide on super lumens. Put fan between in there have it blow between that light and ur girls ull be fine you won't start to burn em really untill it's eighty degrees and that's with out a fan. Seventy-75 . I have a buddy gabe lives in Texas he ran his auto hydro set up with it being 85 he was fine as long as u got that fan. Get some cal mag pluss for ur autos garuntee your gonna def need it and u don't want it to be too late.

Grassachusetts!