Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making brownies help, can I decarb then mix it into the oil?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by CuriousGeorge420, Dec 7, 2014.

1. First things first, I apologize since I know this has probably been asked before. Unfortunately I have tried searching and cannot find an answer for the question I have.

So I am gonna try making pot brownies for the first time, planning on using 2 ounces of pretty decent weed imo (dry and really crystally). What Im wondering is after I decarb the grinded weed in the oven, can I then put it into a skillet and pour whatever type of oil (probably gonna go with either vegetable or coconut) I use and however much amount the recipe calls for in order to bind the thc into the fats of the oil? Ive read articles saying once you decarb weed dont put it into heat again but I have read some threads saying after you decarb weed then go on with the recipe. 

My current plan is

1. Decarb the weed
    2. Put the weed and oil in a stovetop and mix it together on low heat for half an hour or so to bind the thc into the oil fats
    3. Follow what the recipe says and bake

Id appreciate as much help as I can get since after I make and eat these brownies with my buddies I have to quit smoking.

2. Once the herb is ground and decarbed, you can just sprinkle it into the brownie mix and bake. This is the lazy man's technique and will totally get you high.

Doing an oil extraction is a really nice intermediate step. It can improve the flavor, texture, and potency of the finished edible. Here is a recipe that I've used to make some bomb-ass coconut oil: http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-medical-grade-oil-cannabis-capsules-uv-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html/page-17#entry11299348

I would consider 2 ounces to be a very strong dose for my tolerance. Be careful! :)

3. This is the reading you to do. 
    Mostly talks about hash, but I use the same principal for trim and flower.

What I do is grind, decarb, add oil, and simmer in the crock pot.
    I put about 40+ grams of decarbed trim into a mason jar, pour in 2 cups of coconut oil, simmer in crock pot between 4-6 hours. Then put into the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours, but usually it stays there overnight. Remove from the freezer and back into the crock pot for a good 2 hours, then strain into my storage container. I then add lecithin while the oil is still hot and stir it well. Then back into the freezer until I'm ready to cook with it. 

I will pull this out of the freezer and chop in into thirds.(like a peace sign) I use 1/3 for a box of store bought brownie mix. 
    6x8 pan, never bake over 290* (just takes longer baking time at lower temps)
    For my self, I'll cut this 6x8 brownie cake into 8 pieces and that works for me. But for other people I cut those in half to make 16 pieces and they come back for more saying they can't buy these anywhere else.
    I started out selling the same doses I was taking, but when one guy called me back to ask me if I thought he was gonna be ok, I decided to cut them in half since I have no control of the product once it leaves me and and I can't fix stupid people. And they still like my half brownies so all is well.

I recently started adding my coconut oil into an oatmeal cookie recipe I got from the internet. Makes about 25 cookies and they fuck'n rock!

If you're new to edibles, or don't use them too often, I'd suggest going easy at first. Try a small piece and see what happens. You can always eat a little more if you need to. No need to be scared of the weed, but too strong a dose could leave you with an upset stomach and a very unpleasant experience until you get used to it. 

4. Thank you all for your vast array of experienced teachings.

5. I made cannabutter crock pot style. Coconut oil Katz's way here, 90% sure. Cooked with both and butter was stronger oil had little if no affect. No lechtin.

6. I will try that method soon

7. [quote name="Ronhip" post="21037377" timestamp="1418063455"]This is the reading you to do.
    Mostly talks about hash, but I use the same principal for trim and flower.

What I do is grind, decarb, add oil, and simmer in the crock pot.
    I put about 40+ grams of decarbed trim into a mason jar, pour in 2 cups of coconut oil, simmer in crock pot between 4-6 hours. Then put into the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours, but usually it stays there overnight. Remove from the freezer and back into the crock pot for a good 2 hours, then strain into my storage container. I then add lecithin while the oil is still hot and stir it well. Then back into the freezer until I'm ready to cook with it.

I will pull this out of the freezer and chop in into thirds.(like a peace sign) I use 1/3 for a box of store bought brownie mix.
    6x8 pan, never bake over 290* (just takes longer baking time at lower temps)
    For my self, I'll cut this 6x8 brownie cake into 8 pieces and that works for me. But for other people I cut those in half to make 16 pieces and they come back for more saying they can't buy these anywhere else.
    I started out selling the same doses I was taking, but when one guy called me back to ask me if I thought he was gonna be ok, I decided to cut them in half since I have no control of the product once it leaves me and and I can't fix stupid people. And they still like my half brownies so all is well.

I recently started adding my coconut oil into an oatmeal cookie recipe I got from the internet. Makes about 25 cookies and they fuck'n rock!

If you're new to edibles, or don't use them too often, I'd suggest going easy at first. Try a small piece and see what happens. You can always eat a little more if you need to. No need to be scared of the weed, but too strong a dose could leave you with an upset stomach and a very unpleasant experience until you get used to it. patience.on the light is more than a flicker. Constant Heat control and patience.

8. Sorry, forgot the link.  (damned brownies)
    http://forum.grassci...bombs-more.html