Guesswhat grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by guesswhat, Dec 7, 2014.

Quoting myself from another thread, sorry for the repeat. Just an update though and I will update with how things move along now that the girls are in their own spaces.

Hermie (looks like a cool filter, but it's just the LED)
    [​IMG]
    Healthy girl (as far as I know) and last picture is there just because that seems to be a prime picture to post when asking for help  :hello:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I am germing two Dinafem Kush N Cheese right now. Anyone have any experience with this particular strain? They will be going straight into 12/12 if they take. I'm thinking straight into a 3 gal container so there is no transplant to upset them, or let them get too large.

3. Both tap roots showed today on the Dinafem Kush N Cheese. I put them both into their own 2 or 3 gallon containers and into 12/12. I have never gone straight to 12/12 before, and more often than not I don't go straight into a finishing pot (unless it's autoflower). So it's a waiting game to see if they push through the soil, root, and like the conditions :) They are in the room with the hermie right now. That room has better ventilation for the time being. They will be moved away from the hermie in due time, just waiting on another fan speed controller.

Picture time! The root picture is bad and so is the good plant, it's hard to get a good picture under that AdvancedLED! I even put it to just white LED at 20% power!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. subbed man! i should have gotten pix of mine from the early stages, probably going to start a journal today starting from where im at

5. It's cool seeing the whole process no doubt. Starting a journal at any point in the grow is still great. Plus you can show seed (or clone) to harvest after this grow is complete :) Let me know when it's up I'll come check it out.

6. I have never seen leaf serrations like that

Plants look great though

7. On the second plant, the small non hermie right? It does look different to me as well, but should be ok :) Thanks for stopping in!

8. Update, things are on the same path. Hermie is still producing nanners and I am still picking them off. She does seem to be putting on weight though so that's good. The other girl is putting on weight slowly but surely, though I imagine her taking a few weeks longer than the hermie. I don't have pictures of the good girl as my phone just won't take a quality picture.

Anyway here is the hermie under the Mars Sun Series 200, and then the two Kush n Cheese who popped out (under the AdvancedLED)! I have to say that Sun Series makes for some cool looking pictures!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Stunning pics! Lovin your hardwood floor too!

Subbed!
    ~ poke

10. Thank you, hardwood floor sure can be nice :) It's only in a few rooms of my house at the moment.

Anyway I am excited to have you subbed. I will be posting more pictures later. This is their 5th week of flowering, 6th since 12/12 flip. So when I start the 6th week I'll put up more photos. The little seedlings seem to be doing well for being put straight to 12/12. Never done it before so I don't know what to expect, other than smaller plants.

11. Im excited to be here! Are you using a filter on your camera!?

Your plants are so healthy! Good job! Seriously! You got a talent my friend! :)
    ~ poke

No filters used :) I would try using normal lighting if I needed some help diagnosing a problem.. but otherwise it's really just easy on my eyes and still shows the general size of the plant/buds.

Thank you! I hope to get some potent bud from this grow. I have nothing but Skunk 11 left in my stash, and it's been that way for a little while now. I'd like to have a few options.

13. Alright I couldn't quite wait to the 6 week mark to post new pictures (which would be the 8th). Partially because I got my healthiest girl in a photo with semi-decent quality. The space she is in is limited so the picture is mostly just the main cola. Lots of frost picking up on both girls. The two seedlings are doing well, maybe a slight bit of stretch from their first days of placement far away from the lighting.

Two Dinafem Kush n Cheese.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Non hermie, quite possibly the White Lavender.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hermie, probably the Ice Bomb.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Mind boggling isnt it? Its trippin me out too :smoke:
    ~ poke

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. I wonder if the serrations are the genetics and/or something in my environment. From here on out I plan to post pictures of my grows. That way I can see if other strains end up doing the same thing.

16. Most likely a bit of both imho.

17. That's what I was thinking. So long as the buds grow who cares, just something cool and funky to look at :)

18. So my current thoughts are the big hermie is the Ice Bomb, the short healthy girl is the White Lavender.

The Ice Bomb sure seems to be farther into it's flowering cycle which is good news. If she starts throwing too many nanners I'll have to chop her early. So far I think I am catching most of the nanners and she shouldn't be too riddled with seeds. Supposedly she can finish in 7 weeks, and I'm hoping for that. Given that it is only 11 or so days away I think it'll be an early harvest. So it's a toss up on what will really happen, who knows what these two weeks will hold.

The White Lavender took another fellow grower 9 weeks to harvest. Some reading around shows 8-13 weeks for flowering time. I don't think it'll take the whole 13. The weight is coming on slowly, but I just don't see 7 more weeks from where she is at now.

Speculation! That's all this is  :smoke:

19. #59 Root, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
    Damn man looking good!
    I think your bang on with which strain is which. The White Lavender loooks frosty (WW trait) and still got some weeks to go. The fan leaves are praying to the light, excellent sign of happiness and health. The giant "strange" fan leaves are another sign of a super healthy (and untrimmed) plant. The bigger the better for fan leaves, more area to soak up the suns (or LEDs) energy.

What are the trichs looking like?

20. Appreciate the feedback! I've wondered and read about both the leaves pointing up and serrations. The most I usually find is that leaves pointing up like that (not curling/canoeing from heat) is a good sign. The serrations I'm still learning about, but anyone saying it's in good health is a plus :D I don't really do anything to my plants so they are untrimmed like you said. The most I will do is pull off completely yellow (or worse) fan leaves, and only if they are ready to fall on their own.

I haven't looked at the trichomes up close yet. By zooming in on this image http://i.imgur.com/j9LDGDD.jpg I can see the heads are barely any bigger than the stalk, and have a bit to go. I also have to scrounge around and find my 60-100x microscope haha.

The big girl definitely has some deficiencies and/or nute lockout. I'm not worried as I said before, she is just being run until no signs of improvement/growth are to be found.