Guesswhat grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by guesswhat, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Lookin nice!

Makes me feel good that you are getting those kinds of results from those lights. 'Specially since I have the same ones :)
    Well, I guess if I don't get nice results I can only blame the grower, bahahaha

Keep it up man,
    Linux

2. Better yet you have the more powerful versions! If things go sour you just learn and try again, hopefully with some bud stashed away [​IMG]

Those lights will definitely serve you well. I'm happy you're in the LED group!

3. Howdy guesswhat,

Have you ever had a strain that gave you a headache? That's where im at with the Purple Kush I grew. Been vaping nothing but my White Widow, and tried one bowl of the Purple Kush, instant headache. Im leaning toward pollen causing it since the Purple Kush had a few nanners pop up at the end. Frustrating nonetheless since the taste is amazing.

4. None have given me headaches to be honest, though I don't get them in general. So I'm not a good subject to ask lol. I've smoked plants that had nanners. Usually they get picked off during flowering or during trimming. The pollen from it could be an issue for you. I don't really know [​IMG]

Maybe try making edibles with the White Widow and also the Purple Kush. See if either presents problems then. I'd imagine eating cooked pollen wouldn't induce a headache like smoking it, if that is the cause. You could just do firecrackers to keep it simple.

5. I tried to pick off as many visible ones as I could, I imagine they're lurking deep within though. That's a good idea, edibles might clean that right out in the process, and no more bagseed in my rotation.

6. [​IMG][​IMG] Made a post and exited the browser, lost it all hahaha.

12valve

Did you make edibles? I'm curious if it helped at all. Also I've had plants with nanners and sometimes you get them all, sometimes they really do lurk. Down in fat colas or between buds that are touching. It's not fun manhandling a frosty, precious flowering plant. So sometimes it's just the lesser of two evils that you need to find and go with.

Quick update on my Train Wreck. I haven't been able to get in the grow room during lights on. She drank her water quite quickly and then became under-watered. She drooped pretty badly. Then the next day she was too heavy and had bent quite far over. I tied her up today and think she will be fine. She is a little Nitrogen deficient oddly enough. I cut back a little early on that this flowering period and she isn't happy. I'm going to give her additional feedings rather than try to just up the Nitrogen. She's been in flower for a month so I don't want to go Nitrogen crazy and flip to the toxic spectrum at this point lol.

She is frosting up more and looking good overall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. I have to do a little more tying up. I also just turned on the Sun Series 200 for the second half of flowering. It's a little under $20/month in electricity so it should pay off. Also that orange bucket doesn't actually have anything growing out of it (in case of confusion). It's full of soil and excess water from the Train Wreck went in there. Quick fix for a hurried situation.

8. Even though you said what happened, I still looked sideways at the second pic, so it bent right at the stalk? [​IMG]

9. Lol it really did get crooked [​IMG] It wasn't a single bend, more of a large and gradual one. Yeah the stalk by the soil (and some of the roots right below) became more crooked/bent, but then it was just a large and rather non-sharp bend the rest of the way up. I didn't get a good picture past the one I took. I was just trying to get her tied up as quickly as possible.

10. Yeah, ok. You're right. It does make me feel a little better about the ugly ass shit at my thread, LoL. Thanks man I needed that. The good news is you'll get it under control. Me on the other hand, not so much. Bahaha. I think once I get into the flow and what not I should be good to go. I just have so many issues and/or questions since I have no prior experience. I'll get it though man.

Foo, I'm so glad you doing Hydro. :) I wanna get a few scrogs under my belt so I know what I'm doing, then I'm gonna swing for the mainlining. What sucks right now is that I had to start everything from seed cause I wanted the genetics. Worst part is, I bought a few diffnt strains and what not, but I only bought like 2 of each instead of like 4 (one for each bucket) cause I'm a Tard, LoL So now, I have use tent 1 for starting the 2 SuperLemonHaze that I am doing now for like 30 days I spose? then, take clones, dish then Hos into the EzCloner or w/e the fuck I have, then move them bishes to tent 2 for VEG/Bloom. In the course of all that the only thing that I will get to harvest in the near future will be the original 2 SLH, which more than likely at this rate will be the only 1 girl. FAIL. Its all good.

Oi, Whaddup with the BlackBlood?

Ok man. I'm sitting up at the desk right now. I'm gonna take my fkn tablet and my st00pid ass and go lay down, if you're around, hit me up, if not --- Fck it, we shall kick it later.

Catch U onda flip side,
    Linux

11. Haha no problem! If this ever happens to you, you'll know not to freak out too badly. Questions are good. I'm sure you'll see it eventually, but there are occasionally people who come on here to get answers. But they're aggressive and not open to honest and helpful responses. So they're passed off, not helped, or banned lol. You're doing good and actually put thought and time into it. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it and get successful grows in no time.

Check out post #494 on the previous page, it talks about his (Black Blood) demise. That being him getting chopped, though still very healthy. Long story short was space and time issues, along with a poorly organized and setup hydro. It worked great, but didn't allow for adjustments. It was a male and obviously I was all for that. But I also didn't have time to properly breed and really research into it. After this grow I'll for sure get hydro running again. I won't leave you hanging in water alone forever!

I think you're good with the seeds you have. Staggering the grows like this could work in your favor too. Get these two girls going and clone them. Veg those clones and then before you flip you can always take clones from them. You can keep the strain going if you want to.

Harvesting even 1 girl can be good. That NYC Diesel at over 6 oz and under 180 watts? You'll have more power, hydro, and also photoperiods going for you. Obviously autos can do well, but I still think photos give the bigger yields. Point being 1 plant can still get you ounces to get you to the next harvest/lessen what you buy from someone else.

I'm off to check a few last notifications and then lie down myself. Long day tomorrow.

Thanks for checking in, I'll hit you up soon.

12. Looking good in here buddy! You've come a long way lol

13. Thanks JDO! If the Train Wreck flowers out fine then I expect quite a nice yield and smoke from her.

14. Guess,

You know what, Ima fkn loady. I totally did read that shit (your post) I knew everything you said, I hate admitting that I did read it, and just smooove forgot, but thas what happened. I got so wrapped up in remembering that you had the BB that I forgot I had read the post and you mentioned it. I fkn Fail. Facepalm*

Sour D, you know I have that one too, but not the NYC, I have the Original from (pause) RQS I went with the most expensive genetics on that because that happens to be one of my favs, so yeah, I'm eager to get in that too. I will however do exactly as you described above... run that strain solid, clones, practice yadda-yadda-yadda. I has some nice cliche White Widow ofc.

I am going to be making another order really soon of some nice shit that I am really intrigued with. You know just to have on stock for when I start doing decent, LoL. Additionally, you are correct in your comments regarding my harvests, I won't need much as its just personal x2. I am however very impressed with your GPW on the NYCD. I will soon be looking to maximize yields etc just for the sake of seeing what kind of standards I can do. For now, I'll just concentrate on not fkn killin' anything.

Thanks for all the help as always man, Hang Loose,
    Linux

PS, #HydroWingman Nice.

15. Lmao you cracked me up though. I think it happens to the best of us, and on this site too. Who isn't blazed when possible on this site!

I've only supposedly smoked Sour D before, but that was not a guarantee by any measure. I've heard and witnessed (on GC) many good things about RQS. My next order will have them for sure. However I have an abundance of seeds as far as my concerns go haha. Gotta get through them before I order more. So I'll be very happy to see you do that one.

I'm in with you getting more seeds though. If I had to recommend anything though it would be Blue Thai by Dinafem which is very friendly to beginner growers and the absolute fruitiest strain I've ever grown or smelt. It's smoke has some spice to it, but oh my gosh does that jar not smell like heaven. If you've ever had the blue wrapper vanilla tootsie roll it also has that aroma to smooth out the fruit even more. I believe I have one on hand, so I'll run that in hydro my next grow! You don't have to get it but it's honestly that good. Oh, and it's super super frosty and very happy weed.

The other recommendation would be Medicann Seeds Trainwreck that I'm flowering out right now. That ties in with you wanting to try maximizing your yield. That's a great challenge that you can always strive to beat. This strain I've mentioned before gave me around or above 1 lb from a plant shared in a space under a 400 watt HID. No training, grown in soil, longer veg allotted with a bigger pot. The longer veg and pot size can help any plant produce more. But I honestly believe it's just a powerhouse in yield and potency. Mine now is getting pretty large to back that up. It also is a creeper strain that hits like it's name. It made me feel like I was smoking during my first times again. Very strong, very large harvest, heavy feeder, relatively forgiving. I'm thankful for the last bit as I've obviously abused my plant recently lol.

Good to hear from you and see your thread taking off.

16. Guess,

Of course man, NP least I can do with all the time that you have been putting into my journal (thanks btw), Hey listen, I appreciate the insight into some new strains per your recomendation. You know what... lemme tell you who does some nice fkn work on some nice strains. You know Jerry as in JerryGarcia Wait.... I mean like JGarcia420 or some this like that He is doing like 2200 watt thread or something, I should look it up so you know wtf I'm talking about but I'm like too fkn lazy.... he has the best fkn strains ever. Like today.... Mfr posted a pick of Krackin' that he harvested...OMG the pic was nothing short of Amazing. You could just see the fkn quality and care in the photo. Fkn High Times needs to have that on their front page. It looks like GDP only nicer. Fk it was nice.

So I dropped you a PM before I hit this thread. Hopefully you're reading it now, Bahahaha.

Regarding the Sour D, yeah...Lemme get my shit together and I'll hit the strains that I really want to do. I have a pic somewhere of all the seeds that I got. I picked some, my girl picked some...she made some good choices. I'm interested in one in paticular, she grabbed a NorthernLights X BigBud. I already have another list of shit that I want LoL, but like you I will have a nice stash and not enought time and/or room to grow everything.

Ok my man. I will see you soon, I gotta start winding down, fkn early day tomorrow. LAME.
    Linux

17. Yeah if you find his link throw it to me. I like seeing awesome harvests and new strains. That's half of what temps me to buy more [​IMG]

Yep just replied to it lol. About as fast as Captain Slowly, if you know who that is referencing.

Is the NL x BB by World of Seeds? If so I've grown that in photo and auto in my earlier grows with a buddy. Quite nice strains. Feel free to post the list up here anytime. I'll also read it if it's in your thread so whatever works.

Take it easy man, hope the day's a good one.

18. HERE
    post #591 (last page)

19. #519 guesswhat, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2015
    I was looking through nute feeding schedules and noticed something about Mills, which I'm using. Coming from Fox Farms I know that nutes are generally strong and need to be dosed down by 1/2. With Mills I have been going off the bottle backs at full strength for quite a few feedings on the Train Wreck now. In this chart http://www.millsnutrients.com/index.php/growth_cha... that's actually the lightest of 3 dosing for this line.

I just thought it was nice to see a company show a light feeding schedule vs. a heavy one to just try and run through the bottle faster ($$$). I know my TW is a heavy feeder from the past. So seeing it deficient from the "light" feeding schedule seems to show it is actually a light feeding schedule for plants. I could just be tired and high though. I stopped the veg Start-R earlier than I should have so I know that plays a factor.

I'll try getting a picture up tomorrow, possibly with better natural lighting.

EDIT: I was ninja'd haha. Linux, that strain looks awesome and tomorrow I'll read through that thread more.

20. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picture update, that's all for now :)