Guesswhat grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by guesswhat, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Alright so here it is setup! It's bright and so exciting to me! I can't wait to see what LED has in store for my growing experience. It's up as high as I can get it in this tent hah, so my plants really need to stop growing! At least the one girl, the other is pretty short. Small girl on left, big girl on right to show their flowering progress.

Power savings time. That's 70 watts from the light (maybe 40 more from the ballast?) being saved having switched to this DS XML 350. Once I get the Sun Series Mars Hydro light (300 actual draw) I'll replace the other HPS and save 100 watts from the bulb and another 40~ from the ballast. That's 250 watts ($14/month on a 12/12 schedule)! Honestly it's good because I think the (2) 400 watt HID was overkill.... and like this new one won't be haha. 

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. subbed Brada :) you can dial em back if you need. I wouldn't if i didn't have to but you can. if you don't mind me asking do you know what the temperature was is and will be :) when do you get the mars? 

3. True but like you said I'm going to leave it full power. The temperature at the top of the plants stayed about 75-76 degrees. They aren't on right now but tomorrow I'll update with the new temperatures in there. The mars ships out the 10th of this month. It'll be great to see the two together.

4. The temperature only gets up to about 73 degrees now. Not bad, plus my grow space isn't even fully sealed, so I'm not getting negative pressure to bring in as much cool air/out as much hot as I could. Honestly I'm ok with those temperatures though. Once I have both LED lights going I'll just turn down my fan speed some more if it tries dropping below 70.

I am excited to see what comes of this grow, but even more for the next grow. The more I think about how much excess light I'll have for how little bud (quantity) I want to get, I plan to grow vegetables :) Any suggestions on which would be good to grow is very welcome.

5. you ever try running at 68 to 70 looks like you have the room to do it. like your grow looks like i came in at just the right time. just curious what is your humidity? these girls are about to get soooo sticky :)

6. I have run in those temps before, also in much higher temps. Never done these strains and definitely not the light so I'm not sure if they prefer any certain temp. I'm sure I'll hit that as soon as the other HPS comes out.

My humidity is at 24% and has been around that since I popped the seeds. Pretty low huh lol, but it's a common thing in my grows.

I'm happy you're sub'd in, and yes I think it's a great time! It's only going to get more exciting :)

7. #27 guesswhat, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
    I have had some oddities with my temperatures the past few days. Some days it's mid to high 70s and others mid to low 60s. The plants seem ok though and I think I have sorted out the issue. Next grow I'll probably go back to using a tent instead of a makeshift rig :) Or just have them in a locked room (not using a tent) for complete ease of access. Who knows.

I will post pictures once trichomes start to show up. They look like they are in the making right now, they just started peaking their heads out... but it doesn't make for good pictures yet. They are only 12 days into flower.

8. Two pictures, kind of hard to get a good shot in there. Coming along nicely.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. GW, that looks really nice in there. I subbed up for the rest of the ride.

10. Thanks, hope I can get some good pictures and results to show as time goes on :)

I may be getting my second LED light today instead of later this week. If that is the case I am going to re-rig my grow space. I just feel my plants are too tall (not too big) for the space they are in. Plus I see people get light burn from LEDs and don't want that to happen. My main cola on the right girl is also not hit by too much light as it is super tall, stretching just above the highest point the lights can be in the tent. I'll post pictures as soon as that's possible! Plus it will show I may have some deficiencies and/or low night time temperatures.

11. Oh my gosh this light is bright! It came shipped in a well packaged box. Arrived two days early! It looks sturdy and is quiet. I don't have time to get this setup tonight for a few reasons, but mostly lights are going off soon. Just wanted to say thanks smokesara for the help, I look forward to this being part of my setup.

12. GW, 
     Can't wait to see that new light fired up and giving them girls plenty-o-energy. 
    When the time comes, what kind of dry/cure process are you using?

13. At harvest I'll give them their final watering. Depending on my schedule they will be taken within a few days after the last water. Then I trim everything up. Pull the big fan leaves by hand, trim the bud with snips. Sometimes they are on the branches while being trimmed sometimes not. Since this is for my own stash I usually do a quick trim and leave some leaf matter (usually if it has decent trichomes on it). From there they get cut into nug form (just off the branch if they are still on it) and go on my drying rack. Prior to that rack I would hang the buds on branches with some string tied to something like the ceiling in a dark room. Once they seem sufficiently dry I put them into mason jars with 62% humidipacks and burp them. Eventually they just sit in the jar with a humidipack (boveda for reference).

The next bit is just a little comparison ramble between the two lights.

The Mars is taller than the AdvancedLED, but smaller length/width wise. The Mars is actually a lot louder than the Advanced with the fans on. The Advanced is whisper quiet, the Mars is like a small fan (but easily quiet enough and my inline fan takes the noise for fans in that room). The Mars front panel (the shiny bit) appears and feels to be plastic. There are no lenses on the Mars, but the Advanced does have lenses in front of the LEDs. The hooks on the back to hold the Mars up have too small of holes for my normal ratchet ropes to fit. It comes with hangers (non-adjustable, super tiny cable) that I am using and hope Mars have tested out for strength :) Temps in the room are sitting at 70-71 for the canopy level, which is good since there is no more "tent." I will have to watch night time as this grow it had been getting down to 55. The past week I got it to stay no lower than 62 at night, but with this new change who knows.

Now for pictures! You'll see the issue with the big girl I am having as well as poor quality pictures. Bear with me here.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

14. GW,  
     Wow on the new light, I'm liking it. I looked into it and they are a bit out of my price range yet, but I'm sure in a short amount of time that price will come down a bit. I'm curious to see how the temps go for you now.

15. The temps stayed at about 62 over night, though it was a slow change from daytime to nightime temp. So I think I am golden on temps.

As far as the light loki is doing a grow with the Sun Series to give you a better idea of what it does http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1344639-mars-hydro-new-led-photo-grow-lets-have-some-fun.html/page-51#entry21329634

Others do well with the Mars II lights though, which currently is a more cost conscious item. Whatever route you go I hope you jump on the LED train :) Thanks for stopping in!

16. I found a nanner on my big girl today. Pulled it off but she spewed white liquid as I accidentally popped it. I have had hermies before, but don't actually know much about them. So I plan to keep an eye on both plants and hope they'll make it... if not it's a bummer and I hope that at least the little girl makes it.

Advice is welcome!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Two days since I pulled off the nanners. I found one yesterday and one more today, but they were tiny and more green than yellow. So I am hoping the plant calms down and stops producing them, if that's a thing haha.

Otherwise things are looking good. I am thinking about vegging some more girls under CFL while this flowering takes place.

18. Looks like they are slowly packing on weight still. Gives me hope the grow isn't doomed. I found one green nanner today, no yellows! Second girl is flowering more slowly than the big one. Still not sure which strain is which haha. My guess is the big girl is the Ice Bomb and the little is the White Lavender. Although information I find on their descriptions really makes it hard to guess. This is why it's good to keep labels attached to the container lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Quick edit, they have just started their 4th week of flowering today.

20. Found a grouping of nanners today. I have been reading online and it seems that if I let it grow there will be a potential for a large number of seeds. I read it can still be potent though. Assuming I have already pollinated the girl next to her I am just going to keep this grow going. I would chop the hermie if I knew the small girl wasn't pollinated, but I think it is in a few buds.

It is never fun having a hermie, especially with so few plants. So with 40 days or more left I don't have the highest of hopes :(