Guesswhat grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by guesswhat, Dec 7, 2014.

1. My sweet tooth's are on day 21 and looking beautiful. I can't wait for them to finish :)

2. Instead of 2g blast every weekend you should get it do a 1g blast and save the other g for the weekend after lol and do it like me :D

3. Alright time for a quick update.

My second batch of cannabutter with the decarb was a whole different story. The cookies that had about 0.5 grams each worked amazing. One of them and 1-2 hours later I would be completely in it's cradle. Two and I would be out of this world, but ready to fall asleep in a whim.

The plants. The White Widow seed was planted and decided to try throwing it's tap root up and out of the soil. It didn't dry, but hasn't done anything since being recovered with soil. Bummer. The Blue Dream finally wilted and died, not having been able to get a root structure going.

The Auto Skunk Mass and Purple Haze are doing fine though. They are showing signs of preflower as of yesterday/today.

Pics are on the 20th, 26th, and last three from today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Haha glad to hear the butter turned out good man! Four of my buddies brownies and its a war to keep the eye lids open!

5. Purple Haze is starting to flower, the Auto Skunk Mass is just a little behind. PH sprouted the 2nd and ASM the 3rd according to my calendar. So they are just under a month from seed. I expect them to get bigger as they transition to flower, but nothing massive. Still have only given water, no nutes or even pH balance. I think they are getting Glacier water, the stuff you bottle yourself for something like 35 or 40 cents a gallon. It's been consistently a good pH balance as is.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Lookin great!

7. You're doing something right

Looks great

8. Thanks Peflora! I'm hoping they continue in this fashion.

9. Going back to my last two harvested plants. There is a difference between the two. The Ice Bomb is great for laughter, activities, and also helps with pain. The White Lavender is more relaxing to the state you're in. If I want to sleep it helps with that, or just for a happy and mellow mood. It also helps with easing pain and nausea especially. However the IB is the stronger of the two, even with an early-ish chop. I'd hazard a guess I abused the White Lavender just as much/as badly as the IB and it didn't reach it's potential. It could have gone slightly too long in flowering as well, but I'm not researched enough into how much potency is lost at what time for every strain and genetic variation rabble rabble rabble... I'm happy with both and they each serve their purpose well. I still have more of the IB and will grow them out farther down the line.

That's all for now. Just sitting back to water and watch the two autos grow I have now. For reference they started their life on the white only spectrum of the XML350. Then went to full spectrum. Now it's the full spectrum of the XML350 and Sun Series 200, the latter of which is just on or off. I also want to say the heat from the Mars is much higher in general, especially in front of the LEDs. I'd say it's hotter than when I ran my 400 watt air cooled lights, but not hot enough to worry about being too close to the plants. That's assuming adequate or better ventilation.

More pictures soon.

10. I'm doing something wrong with seeds lately. I tried getting a Advanced Seeds Auto NYC Diesel to pop. It cracked it's shell but never did anything more than that. I may just go back to my old methods on starting seedlings as what I'm doing now isn't working all that well.

Here are the two autos, they have grown a bit in the last few days.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. What do you mean? How are you doing them? How far away is your light? How are you watering them?
    How deep are you planting them?

12. Currently I have been germinating them in a wet towel on a lightly heated surface. That's still fine. After I have been going straight to soil in a bucket, the 5 gal in this instance for the autos. My light is about 36" away and they get water from a spray bottle. To make sure I get enough water but without moving soil around like crazy from dumping water in there. I've varied planting depths from 1/8" to about 1" and have varied luck.

I used to start in peat pots, then solo cups, then into a bucket (and transplanted up to one more time for photos). I may go back to the peat pots, even for autos. 

13. I do basically the same but lights 18inches and I did the spray bottle till i saw a tad puddle form, just to find that it didn't seep down to the seed. Move the soil around carefully towards the seed to make sure its getting to the seedling. I do a slow trickle from the spray bottle. And I do about an inch down as well.

14. Different lights and different heights haha. I know it's a bit on the far side, but I also have to accommodate the plants in there right now. Plus I think the way the lenses focus the LED lights it's ok for seedlings.

I find that if the soil is too dry then water has trouble seeping in. That or it will take a single path straight to the bottom of the bucket. So I'm trying to make sure I space waterings out appropriately for seedlings. Of course with bigger plants too.

I'll pop another seed soon and see if I can manage to do better by that one haha. Actually I'll do that right now. I'll try my other Auto NYC Diesel, this one by Barneys Farm.

15. Oh of course I didn't realize you had more in the tent lol, makes sense bout the lights, still using hid's myself. Hmm I also try to keep the soil as moist as I can till it sprouts in the surface, but alas, you do have more experience in these matters then I ;)

That's ok, I don't always. Sometimes I'll have a veg area and flowering area, other times like now I have everything in the one tent. Since I'm doing autoflowers only for the moment being. I'm still newer to LED so maybe I just need to tweak my old habits from HID. I did keep the lights closer like you mentioned when I used them on seedlings (18-24" or so).

17. Seedlings

Delicate root hairs quickly grow into paper towels, and injure the tap root upon removal

I found just dropping them in water with a few grains of Himalayan salt works great. Just put the jar in a dark cabinet and check it daily. sometimes seeds pop < 24 hours,, other time > 36

I wait until the tap is > 1/4" then...

Use tweezers to gently transfer to presoaked starter cubes

I feed with an eye dropper to prevent over wetting until they have second set of leafs

18. That sounds like good advice Peflora. I've tried the water method before and failed every time, so I'm worried to try it again. Also I had better success letting the taproot get a little longer in the paper towel than I am now with the shorter tap roots. However I agree they can quickly grow into a paper towel and/or get damaged easily. I've done it and watched it happen before. So I may try your method out soon since I'm having trouble anyway. I used to have such good germination rates too! I've gotten too lax in my effort it seems.

I'm on the same page as you though and that is good advice.

Photo update. I think they are about 33 days or so in since they sprouted. I am happy with the results so far. The Auto Skunk mass is the larger, left one. The Purple Haze is the shorter on the right.

[​IMG]

19. That Auto Skunk is massive, lol.  Gonna be really nice once it starts filling out. 

Always good to eliminate steps that might stunt growth. I never really thought that this might be the cause for certain things, but for all I know it could be why one of my plants is smaller.  I'm gonna try the pure water method next time just in case. 

20. Yeah she has definitely grown! I think the last time I grew it I got about 1.5 or 2 oz off of it. I'd like to get 2 oz again per plant. That'd be less than 0.2 gpw which is pitiful to some. Then again I am not filling the space appropriately so there's that to consider.