Guesswhat grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by guesswhat, Dec 7, 2014.

1. I am pooping two seeds now. They were both going to be Ice Bomb by Bomb Seeds, but one was cracked out of the bag. So I am doing a G13 Labs White Lavender for the second. I am hoping they both do well so I can have a small variety from the grow. I also want two plants in case one kicks it during the grow. They are both fem seeds. I don't smoke with anyone anymore and don't sell, I am just a medical patient. With that in mind I figured it's time to start up a small grow to keep a small stash.

Here are the little ladies to be.

[​IMG]

Now I am going to setup my grow space. I am going to be in a closet for convenience, but a locked closet (even though I live alone, it's more legal  :rolleyes: )

-I'm looking to spend 3-4 months from seeds to harvest and dry (not counting cure). I hope to get a few ounces off of this to last me through the next grow (succeeding this one).
    -Probably going to run a 400 watt HID with a Hortilux bulb, maybe a few side CFL
    -Carbon filter for general house smell (have cats, who knows if they want to smell that)
    -Yada yada yada, just another small personal grow
    - :bongin:

2. i hope they germinate properly. good luck to your babies!

3. Thank you! I have more hope for the left, darker seed. I'll update when the setup is rigged up to show what I'll be running!

4. Alright I'm using a makeshift 4'x4' tent with a 400 watt hotrilux hps at 50% power. The two seeds popped to my surprise. The Ice Bomb popped with the cotyledon coming out of the shell instead of the root. It was also pretty pale white. It seems to have greened up a little since.

They came out their shells on the 8th but I left them germinating in a paper towel (wet, dark, under saran wrap) for another day. They went into peat pots on the 9th. I could see the White Lavender pushing it's cotyledon up out of the soil on the 10th, but the Ice Bomb had it beat and was already out of the soil. Today between going to work and coming home they have both completely surfaced and are hopefully rooting well.

IB = Ice Bomb = Left side
    WL = White Lavender = Right side

^^^for future reference they will always be laid out in photos like so^^^

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Forgot I had this haha. Well I don't even remember which girl is which at this point, but it really doesn't matter to me. I grow for myself and think as they get into flowering I may have a visual idea of which is which. One of the two also died off in the beginning and I planted another seed... so I might be growing two ice bomb or two white lavender seeds  :confused_2:  honestly doesn't matter to me. I flipped to 12/12 two days back and am waiting to see them show female traits. They are feminized seeds, but I don't count them as starting flowering until I see signs of them actually flowering.

First picture is from the 4th of this month, the second was the 20th. They do look like different strains, but since they are each from a seed and not clones I wouldn't put it past them possibly being the same. I don't always get the same plant from the same seeds.

They have barely been tended too as well. The first few weeks they got very unbalanced pH water, but have since been getting the correct dose. My current expectations/hopes are they stretch some during the flip and give me about 1-2 oz each.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. They are about 1 month and 1.5 weeks old from seed pushing through the soil, for reference.

7. When I transplanted from those 3 gallon plastic buckets into the 5 gallon smart pots half of the dirt fell out of each plant with a bit of the root-mass. I thought I was doomed! This was the first time I transplanted with a soil so dry, and I don't plan to ever again. Either way I think I got lucky as they don't seem to have stunted/stressed too much. I just made sure to give them a week to recover before flipping to 12/12. Now it's back to waiting :)

8. Girl on the left in need of some fixin' but the right is pulling strong.
    [​IMG]

9. Gave them some water, slight drooping but that should change since they just received it.
    [​IMG]

10. The girl on the right is slightly farther ahead, but they are both now confirmed females. Pretty sure they were both fem seeds, but I like to check anyway.

As far as I am concerned their flowering of week 1 starts tomorrow. Partially for convenience, but also because I flipped them a week ago to 12/12. They sprouted the 10th so they are 51 days old today.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Beautiful plants
    What soil are you using and nutes?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Thank you! I am currently using FFOF soil with added perlite throughout, and then a inch or so of straight perlite at the bottom. My water has a really horrid ppm count (many, many hundreds), so with that in mind I mostly use pH balanced water. Once a plant has been in the soil for a good few weeks (depending on plant size/container size/broscience) I'll start to add some low dose nutes. That usually includes Cal/Mag, a tad of the 3 basic Fox Farm nutes, and in flowering a little of their soluble line. I try not to feed too much as I am pretty sure I have hermied a plant or two in the past from a heavy feeding dose. It could have been other factors, but of the clones I was running only the couple I fed really heavy hermied and other variables were the same. Plus I get good results from light feedings. I also do flush at the end of my grows since I use FF nutes. Usually at that point I buy drinking water and pH balance it, just give that until they're ready to harvest (2 week period or so).

I plan to go organic with my soil, but right now it isn't priority for me. After this grow I hope to get a better setup going with a mother and then a flowering room. I want to try having small, but potent plants coming down every month. In that time of planning a new rig and figuring out what lights I am using I will research the best organic soil for my particular grow. Of course I don't plan to get it right instantly, but I also would like to stop using chemical nutes and see the differences for myself :)

13. Here are two nugs from a 200~ watt T5 grow I did recently. Skunk 11 strain by Dutch Passion. Honestly one of the lesser trichome covered strains I have grown, but by no means is this a weak smoke. It grew more like a sativa and hits like a good hybrid leaving you more on the active side. Currently vaped a few small bowls in my MFLB to see how well it worked, and it has me soaring. My body/muscles are thanking me for the comfort  :hippie: Also I know the trim job is mediocre, but that's again because it's only me who is smoking it (more so using a vape now that I have one again!)

[​IMG]

14. Everything is still growing nice and happy. Here is the ppm of the plain water I gave them today (they only get nice water during the flush at the end).

[​IMG]

15. New pictures tomorrow, and for good reason. I started this grow at 50% power on a 400 watt HPS light. Then vegged with full power. For flowering I switched to (2) 400 watt HPS lights. The first bulb is Hortilux, the second light is a Apollo or iPower.

The good news is tomorrow I get to buy my buddies DS XML 350 off of him. I will be switching a HPS out for that. Continuing the good news I pre-ordered the new Sun Series light by Mars Hydro and that will replace the other 400 watt HPS. I am pretty sure I will have more light than I need, but hope to eventually do a comparison grow. For fun, I am sure both are quality lights and respect their price points well. <<speculation, I haven't used them yet. It's just from my research into both companies.

16. #16 guesswhat, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
    Waited around all morning and part of my afternoon for FedEx. Turns out Fedex sent the item to the wrong house, can't hold at a FedEx location, and can't sign for the package to be left. Slightly frustrating.

Lmao, I should add that was my buddy and I hanging at his house waiting for the package. I'll just let him get the light and bring it to me, after all I am paying him for the darn thing [​IMG]

Long time edit, meant to blame FedEx for something... can't believe I've never caught that mistake.

17. Haha yeah I didn't type correctly when I first posted (or I have some strange, yet glorious, digestive system and 'waste'). Thanks for the sub, I'll do the same for your grow!

18. Subbed as well, looks really similar to what I have in mind for my grow, a simple easy to manage amount for myself :).  At the moment im just making list after list so im prepared before I start.   Good luck as it goes!

19. Thanks, feel free to ask questions as you get ready. I'll sub your grow once you get it going.