Your signature dish

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by NealCaffrey, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Stoners,

There must be people who love to cook here, and I'm talking food, not cannabutter.

My signature dishes are fish. I'm great at cooking trout, salmon and cod. I'm also pretty good at italian cuisine, and can make some killer pasta dishes. 

What's your signature dish? Any cooking tips to share? 

2. #2 yurigadaisukida, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
    I like macaroni and tomato juice.

I also boil chicken and douse in sriracha sauce, then Saute broccoli in the chicken juises that I boil down

-yuri

3. Smoked baby back ribs for me. Slow smoked for six hours. I Wish I was better at chicken. I am working on it at the moment. Ha ha.

Attached Files:

4. Mediterranean chicken recipes, fish, and salads.

5. Carne Adovada with fresh homemade tortillas with a side of Spanish rice and refritos.  Yum! 

6. Man i love Adobada, I make it with this killer chilli-vinegar I bought in Spain. 

Mediterranean food Is fantastic. I love greek food. tzatziki, lamb, gyros and moussaka.. :smoke:

7. #7 Carne Seca, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014

Being a native New Mexican (in every sense of the word) the recipe I use has been in my family for generations.  It's soooo good.  I only use New Mexico chilis (Chimayo to be exact) for my recipes.   :)

[​IMG]

8. #8 smokinbudzzz, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    To be honest most of my food taste like shit because i hate vegetables and i eat lots of it. typically i take kale and whatever else i can find and blend it up and it feels like im a contestant on fear factor trying to guzzle down this shitty nasty substance. I cook meat too but its boring aswell, fucking baked chicken with brown rice. It's boring as shit to be honest. 

9. Chicken stir fry

Pretty simple stuff. Get some fresh veggies and some chicken breast and mix it in a Wok. I like to throw in chicken, brown rice, broccoli, sprouts, red onions, bell peppers, pea pods (snow or snap peas), baby corn. You can add whatever you see fit pretty much. I would put a little bit of EVOO in the Wok and heat that up, then throw in all your ingredients and mix them around for a good 10-12 minutes. You want the veggies to get cooked but not to the point where they are extremely soft, as it changes taste. Then, you can put soy sauce on it (beware of sodium!) or, as I like to do, put on Sriracha and let er rip.

10. Pasta, I can make a good pasta improvisation any day, even if the fridge is pretty much empty

11. cook a lot.

but i'd say bbq'ed baby back ribs, is usually what gets most people's attention :)  :smoke:

12. #12 VeritableHypocrisy, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
    Mmm~. Let's see. Mine, I like taking some boneless chicken breasts and dicing them up, cooking it thoroughly in a pan with about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. Once whitened properly, I throw that in a pan and then sautee red, green bell peppers, with some onions. Once sauteed, I apply coconut milk, 1 can of it, then some salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and throw it in the pan with the chicken and into the oven at 350 until the veggies have caramelized. Don't remember the name for it, but I make it gud. :3

13. I base most of my cooking with the bbq, things like chicken souvlaki, beef tenderloin with bbq'd potatoes.

I also make a lot of stir frys, or meat dishes with rice and veggies.  :yummy: 

14. my steak & onions is the shit! with seasoned potatoes or homemade mac & cheese
    *angels sing* ahhh!! mouuuthhgasm :smoke:
    ps. I still make a mean ass chicken lasagna :ey:

15. Pizza pasta. Basically its Tomato paste, pepperoni, oregano, bacon, basil, some nice cheese and pour that all over some nice brown pasta... Mmmmm

Or fabada, I make a great fabada (Asturian style stew). Its Chorizo, morcilla (spanish blood pudding) and panchetta or thick cut bacon. Put your onions and garlic aswell and cook all that and add your white/butter beans. Its the fucking bomb.

The difference is in the ingredientes, make sure its all quality. Fuck Im hungry :smoking:

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I cook everything but my signature dish is probably parmesan crusted tilapia. I make some bomb chili too.

17.   Almond milk, sprouted hemp seed, assorted greens, fruits to taste, blended.

I call it the 'Swamp Monster semen' shake.

Being a vegan is glorious.

18. LOOOOL u legit have the best username of all time.. haha no joke!! squeek squeek squeekumz! :laughing:

19. Squeaky, uh, squeak, sqeaker, squeakin'.

20. My ah so ribs are the bomb. Just get a rack of spare ribs, toss them in flour and ah so, then put them on to broil for 30 minutes or until done. I can't really say it's my recipe because it's so damn simple, but it is one of my favorite things to cook. I also make great diced steak tip quesadillas. Again, very simple.